British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

How was he offered a chance at Berwick? His average is too high to replace Stoneman & wouldn't be signed for any of their top 5?

Maybe more than 1 change !

The team changes we’re made as there wasn’t a suitable straight swap available on Zaine average after the reduction of 25%

• Like 1

Scunthorpe: (Taken from BSPL CMAs Issue 3)

1 Ryan Douglas 9.38

2 Michael Palm Toft 6.76

3 Jake Allen 6.30  

4 Max Clegg 5.36  

5 Simon Lambert 5.20

6 Connor Mountain 4.72

7 Nathan Ablitt 2.00

4 hours ago, Leave some for us. said:

Why is it a shame, that’s the way speedway goes. Yes it’s unfortunate but Joe isn’t the first and won’t be the last. You say Joe isn’t concerned but looks like his comrades  are. Posting for sympathy and making derogatory comments about British speedway on social media. It’s cringe worthy, embarrassing and in essence makes Joe look bad. Just quietly move on. What’s done is done and no amount of bleeting will change that. 

If that your son or grandson who has been dropped for two riders that lets be honest aren't world beaters you would be defending your him to the hill. £20 quid a point with so much travelling involved I feel for the kid. People are entitled to moan as much as they like. If it annoys you then the forum isn't for you mate.

• Haha 1

It says on the Scunthorpe website that Nathan is in on an initial 28 day contract. In that period, he should race 6 meetings, 3H & 3A.

As Skidder1 has put the averages up, these will change  on the 1st June after taking in the meeting raced at Plymouth, then meetings away at Berwick(Sat) & Glasgow next Friday. All the other meetings are after the cut off point of the 23rd day to change the averages.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DiveBomb said:

If that your son or grandson who has been dropped for two riders that lets be honest aren't world beaters you would be defending your him to the hill. £20 quid a point with so much travelling involved I feel for the kid. People are entitled to moan as much as they like. If it annoys you then the forum isn't for you mate.

Is that what Joe was on? Some NDL riders get that & Joe would possibly get that at NDL level too.

11 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Is that what Joe was on? Some NDL riders get that & Joe would possibly get that at NDL level too.

I'm not exactly sure but put it this way I was speaking to one of the family members last night and roughly that figure a point was mentioned. But it could have been heat of the moment stuff

Why discuss pounds for point on here ,surely a rider will only sign if it’s beneficial to him  .All this guessing is beyond me I would reckon before travelling a bike for this level will be  5 grand with all the gear minimum , so he earns £20 a point and will usually score a maximum of 4 points equals £80 nah I’m not having that . Plus why should supporters want to know what there earning that is between the rider and there paymaster Scunthorpe speedway

1 hour ago, DiveBomb said:

Sentiment doesn’t come into it, every rider is someone’s son or grandson. Not quite sure what your point is with that statement. Your are not likely to replace a reserve with world beaters either so not sure where you are going with that comment.  If Joe agreed to ride for £20 a point then I suggest he learns better negotiating skills. That said if true you really shouldn’t be announcing other people business on here (unless you are Joe ). Just to clarify I wasn’t moaning merely pointing out that droning on about how hard done someone may feel, won’t actually change anything. Also I’m not annoyed about anything not sure why you think I am ? Clearly you are though.  Have a lovely  coronation weekend and crack open the Pimms and chill. 

Edited by Leave some for us.
  • Like 2

The signing of Max Clegg is a bit of an odd one isn't it? Surely there were better options out there. A couple of Americans come to mind.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

The signing of Max Clegg is a bit of an odd one isn't it? Surely there were better options out there. A couple of Americans come to mind.

Would maybe guess they’ve got work a job and are sorted out over there as the phone hasn’t rung for them so might be difficult just to drop it all and come over 

Edited by Ryan555

I did hear that Godfrey at one point had contacted Dillon Ruml but obviously nothing came of it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fozzie4388 said:

I did hear that Godfrey at one point had contacted Dillon Ruml but obviously nothing came of it.

Shame. He was superb at Oxford last year, would have been a cracking signing 

53 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

Shame. He was superb at Oxford last year, would have been a cracking signing 

He was one that I would have gone for but read on another thread early season that as he had no place, both himself & Broc Nicol have taken their gear back to the States. Max Ruml & even Billy Janniro at his age still doing the business.

• Like 1