British Speedway Forum

4 hours ago, stevehone said:

So if he was putting together stuff over here, people would say it’ll be a heap of crap, why can’t he use his Polish bikes .. he is using his Polish bikes and he’s not interested in staying.

he can’t win

Once he puts the race jacket on I’m sure if he gets the points and behaves the doubters will get behind him. 

14 hours ago, stevehone said:

Well he asked if I’d go with him to pick his bikes up so it’s his Polish ones

Probably have a spin Wednesday/Thursday just for set up & familiarisation purposes. ;)

So I read Scunnys page and it's says 28 days and both parties looking to extend then read he's not interested in staying....

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Paul Johnson said:

So I read Scunnys page and it's says 28 days and both parties looking to extend then read he's not interested in staying....

Where did you see he’s not interested in staying?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, stevehone said:

So if he was putting together stuff over here, people would say it’ll be a heap of crap, why can’t he use his Polish bikes .. he is using his Polish bikes and he’s not interested in staying.

he can’t win

Got plenty time for Drew from his time at Edinburgh as he’s not a bad kid. But what’s his plan come the end of June when his polish season restarts. As I imagine those bikes will be going back across and if does plan on staying longer the month then what’s the plan equipment wise there.

Edited by Mr Blobby

12 hours ago, mossy666 said:

Once he puts the race jacket on I’m sure if he gets the points and behaves the doubters will get behind him. 

I hope your right, but some people will complain about anything!

All I say is ‘Welcome to Scunthorpe Drew’ happy to have you. Maybe another piece in the jigsaw, speedway is all ifs and maybes, let’s see where things go. Good move for all interested parties. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Got plenty time for Drew from his time at Edinburgh as he’s not a bad kid. But what’s his plan come the end of June when his polish season restarts. As I imagine those bikes will be going back across and if does plan on staying longer the month then what’s the plan equipment wise there.

It’s what he does on the track for Scunny that matters,I’m sure he will have the equipment to do the job.It’s not difficult to transport bikes.

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

It’s what he does on the track for Scunny that matters,I’m sure he will have the equipment to do the job.It’s not difficult to transport bikes.

Point was more at the fact I doubt when the polish season starts back drive back and forward with his bikes every week to the UK and Poland. 

Don’t really know where to ask this, but seeing as this was Max Clegg’s last club here goes: will Max’s average drop now that he has done 3?  meetings for Scunthorpe and if so when? I know he got a rough deal with Newcastles meetings taken off and just wondered if these matches made any difference. 

2 minutes ago, Biffa said:

Don’t really know where to ask this, but seeing as this was Max Clegg’s last club here goes: will Max’s average drop now that he has done 3?  meetings for Scunthorpe and if so when? I know he got a rough deal with Newcastles meetings taken off and just wondered if these matches made any difference. 

Looking at  http://www.gbspeedway.com/2023/teamstats.php?mc1=x&mc2=ta&mc3=av&mc4=Scunthorpe Scorpions&team=Scunthorpe Scorpions&league=B&comp=CMA&avtype=av It looks as though his average will drop the 4.67 if I’ve read that correctly 

• Thanks 1

The official GSA issue 7 shows Clegg drops from 5.36 to 5.06 effective 1st June.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mr Blobby said:

Point was more at the fact I doubt when the polish season starts back drive back and forward with his bikes every week to the UK and Poland. 

He’s probably got enough equipment.IMO