British Speedway Forum

46 minutes ago, bez said:

That would have made us real title contenders.

Or completely disrupted team harmony knowing Kemp has attitude issues 

• Like 4

I hope Joe gets a team spot somewhere else. As things stand, that'll be both brothers riding in divisions 1 & 3 but not 2.
I know I've said it before, but the maths ain't working somewhere in that equation.

• Like 4

Officially  Scunthorpe Speedway haven’t released any statement on changes as they will have to be approved by the Hierarchy at the BSPA , if the changes are correct I think there were needed but very harsh on Joe Thompson. The team was set up to have an experienced reserve Zaine  and Joe to do what he  could at reserve .The guest for Zaine With 25% off would have been approx 3.3 and Joe at reserve and I think because we ride Friday as do a few other teams then the choice of guest would be very limited and this new approach allows Connor to go to reserve and if everything goes as planned I can see the reserve spot but occupied by Connor , Max and Lambo in the future months  . Joe will not be without a team long I can see a move to Birmingham or a couple of more sides . 
 To keep young brits involved I believe  that they should inherit a bigger percentage off there average’s to keep more Brits in our leagues  .Opinions aside I wish Joe all the best in the future

3 hours ago, phillipsr said:

Or completely disrupted team harmony knowing Kemp has attitude issues 

Attitude or not Kemp would increase his average at EWR Clegg is a 4 point man on a 5 point average, hopefully they are just rumours. 

1 minute ago, bez said:

Attitude or not Kemp would increase his average at EWR Clegg is a 4 point man on a 5 point average, hopefully they are just rumours. 

Dont agree there… Kemp is what he is and no more.. Clegg more reliable 

• Like 3

Tbf Kemp is like a moody teenager sometimes. But as long as you are expecting that and don't mind that element then have him in the team. He was pretty decent at Poole last season til the last month or so but struggled with other elements of being in Poole and Wolves team imo.

Edited by lisa-colette

Shame Joe Thomson found out about his departure last night. The decision was made before the meeting at Birmingham.He seems a strong lad and isn't too concerned. He's got a club now anyways and was offered a chance at Berwick also. Dan awaiting a phone call .

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DiveBomb said:

Shame Joe Thomson found out about his departure last night. The decision was made before the meeting at Birmingham.He seems a strong lad and isn't too concerned. He's got a club now anyways and was offered a chance at Berwick also. Dan awaiting a phone call .

Reference to signing two new riders was in this week's Speedway Star which has a press deadline of Tuesday evening so the decision and deals were doubtless done over the weekend!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, bez said:

That would have made us real title contenders.

I'm not so sure he's a very inconsistent rider but the team changes made don't make scunny stronger imo

Edited by mc131

10 hours ago, DiveBomb said:

Why is it a shame, that’s the way speedway goes. Yes it’s unfortunate but Joe isn’t the first and won’t be the last. You say Joe isn’t concerned but looks like his comrades  are. Posting for sympathy and making derogatory comments about British speedway on social media. It’s cringe worthy, embarrassing and in essence makes Joe look bad. Just quietly move on. What’s done is done and no amount of bleeting will change that. 

Edited by Leave some for us.

10 hours ago, DiveBomb said:

How was he offered a chance at Berwick? His average is too high to replace Stoneman & wouldn't be signed for any of their top 5?

20 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

No announcement officially yet from Scunthorpe but nice that someone in the know(Dave) has let the cat out of the bag. cheers.

Max Clegg sore the bulk of his points at Newcastle last year & struggled away. http://www.gbspeedway.com/2022/riderperf.php?mc1=x&mc2=r&mc3=av&mc4=x&rider=Max

Similar in 2021 http://www.gbspeedway.com/2021/riderperf.php?mc1=x&mc2=r&mc3=av&mc4=x&rider=Max

Not good signings at all.

• Like 1

Taken from gbspeedway.com

Averages for 2022 (Home and away championship meetings only)

image.png.512019214e2115972505ce815d66dfad.png

Majority of Max's meetings were in the main body of the team.

image.png.9b356cc52fe06e91904369c7f41e5df7.png

• Like 1