British Speedway Forum

A change or two will happen after TJ gets a proper Championship average again imo.

One of the 2.00 pointers will go for someone on a 4+ for sure imo.

Edited by TTT

18 minutes ago, TTT said:

A change or two will happen after TJ gets a proper Championship average again imo.

U would hope so

58 minutes ago, TTT said:

Jonas will put 1.5 points on his average at the same time, as he only needs I believe 2 meetings until he gets his average. As I and others have said, that will stop us from being able to do that. TJ will drop by 2 ish, Jonas will go up by a minimum of 1, possibly 2. 

Just now, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Jonas will put 1.5 points on his average at the same time, as he only needs I believe 2 meetings until he gets his average. As I and others have said, that will stop us from being able to do that. TJ will drop by 2 ish, Jonas will go up by a minimum of 1, possibly 2. 

Does TJs need to be the only one to drop is the point. Do premier trophy or whatever it's getting called count towards averages? Take a few skelpings away, scrape a few home wins whole teams averages drop. Wouldn't be the first club to try that 

15 hours ago, Coventry_Bee said:

Well it’s certainly a shock signing, some of the comments a little harsh but time will tell.

I can only imagine that his fiancée hasn’t settled and they are returning to the uk? You’d imagine they had a plan to move to Australia once  Rory had finished Speedway,  if the move hasn’t gone as planned and Rory has the desire to race still then fair play to him and don’t forget the work he put in with British youngsters so I wish Rory and his family all the very best on returning to the Uk. 

My thoughts too ^^.  Good for the Bandits, Champs League (& maybe Prem League ?), Schlein himself & UK speedway in general, many said he was hanging up his kevlars too early, I'd be interested to learn why the U-turn....

1 hour ago, TTT said:

At the same time Jonas average will rise therefore negating TJs drop.

1 hour ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

36 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

At the same time Jonas average will rise therefore negating TJs drop.

If you can get your fixtures right, only ride 1 meeting on or before 23rd March so TJ gets a new rolling average on 1st April & Knudsen will get a new average after completing his 8th meeting(taking in 2022 & 2023). Should be enough time to make a change but unfair on the lad dropping out after a short time.

30 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

If you can get your fixtures right, only ride 1 meeting on or before 23rd March so TJ gets a new rolling average on 1st April & Knudsen will get a new average after completing his 8th meeting(taking in 2022 & 2023). Should be enough time to make a change but unfair on the lad dropping out after a short time.

Ur last sentence sums it up, cannot for the life of me see Gary/Jamie/Scott doing that to Colesy or Stoney. If they had signed Blair/Crang and it was just a filler signing, that would be understandable.

• Like 1

While the current (team-building) averages are based on 'last ten' matches, once the season starts won't the rolling averages will go back (thankfully) to a  20-match schedule, as the 10-match thing was dreadful?

So, TJ will almost immediately have an average based on the first match with Berwick, plus his last 19 at Scunny or wherever.     Roo-Boy's figure will be from Poole's 2021 season, and might rise a tad  I'd think that Leon's average over his last 19 might drop initially, as might Jye.

Jonas wont get a 'proper' CMA for at least three more outings.  

Plus, l suspect the two reserves will be ready and willing to each grab their chance in this squad with such a solid 1-5, and with other teams certain to have some less-experienced 2-pointers up against them, each has a fair chance of scoring well enough to duck the chop.

The squad has not been created to be changed, this is a solid (old-fashioned if you like) 1-7.   

Bring it on!

Edited by crescent girl
Lousy spelling

3 hours ago, TTT said:

I cant get into the mind set of signing a team in full knowledge that you are making a team change or two just a few meetings into the season.

Either the team is good enough or it isn't.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, screm said:

I cant get into the mind set of signing a team in full knowledge that you are making a team change or two just a few meetings into the season.

Either the team is good enough or it isn't.

Whose saying that is the intention though.Is everybody just surmising that is going to happen.

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Whose saying that is the intention though.Is everybody just surmising that is going to happen.

I cant believe that any promotion would sign a team with the knowledge of a team change, so our promotion clearly this team is good enough to compete with the others, hopefully with the ambition of it being successful. I think they are very much mistaken.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, screm said:

I cant believe that any promotion would sign a team with the knowledge of a team change, so our promotion clearly this team is good enough to compete with the others, hopefully with the ambition of it being successful. I think they are very much mistaken.

So you are really saying you think this Team is rubbish.

11 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

So you are really saying you think this Team is rubbish.

Yes. Aren’t we all?

Jorgensen is not a number 1 and is on a completely false average.

Schlein hates Berwick and moans about everything unless it’s 30 degrees, no matter how good he may be with the ‘younger’ riders (why didn’t we sign young 2 point reserves if he’s so good rather than the ones we did). He’ll do a fine job on track for us though I think.

Jye is one of the most injury prone riders we’ve had (once he unfortunately but inevitably gets injured, Jonas will most probably be above him and so we will have to use R/R with Jonas, Coles and Stoneman)

And that settles in nicely to signing two 2.00’s who have never looked like being more than just that? One/either of them would of been absolutely fine.

• Like 1