British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, alang said:

That sums it up really.£13 last year with concession to £20 this year with no concession is over 50% increase. I realise looking at the crowds a big number will be concessions so can see why their business model says cut out concessions to increase income but not for me at those prices.Won't be back.

I hadn't realised there is no concession as I would be paying full price, that makes it even worse. Hopefully the club will reconsider their decision as this one makes no sense at all as its asking a fairly large part of their fan base to pay a £7 increase at a time when going to a speedway meeting will be well down the list of priorities to most people.

• Like 1

No concessions been in place at Glasgow for quite a few years now. While disappointing think the logic was that a large percentage of regulars fall into the over 65 category and have, in most cases, more disposable income than a lot of under 65s. I know my old man has far more than me!!

Honestly can see the argument from both sides but you'd think could take a couple quid off for pensioners at least

• Like 1

My team Plymouth are doing no concessions this year either due to people abusing it last year but are keeping admission prices the same as last year as the promoter said he understands the climate we are in and all facing.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, screm said:

I hadn't realised there is no concession as I would be paying full price, that makes it even worse. Hopefully the club will reconsider their decision as this one makes no sense at all as its asking a fairly large part of their fan base to pay a £7 increase at a time when going to a speedway meeting will be well down the list of priorities to most people.

I wonder if George & Dick are reading this.

• Like 1

If the 1-7 had star quality in depth, then would understand the increase due to rider payment demands.

But come on paying second string and second rate riders excessive money is not the way forward.

In the present economic climate, looks like several Championship clubs will be joining the lemmings.

1 hour ago, screm said:

Yes, also a lot of "older" supporters may not be able to access e tickets therefore may think twice before parting with £20

Interesting business decision. Sign Rory Schlein and slap on a 50% increase on admission charges for the majority of your spectators.

Likely to lose some attendees completely, some will only turn up occasionally, and some may continue to attend.

Net increase in gate receipts is doubtful…… 

A modest increase may have been more effective ? 

• Like 1

Why is everyone going on about "£20"? Just purchase the individual meeting ticket online, it's only £18 (albeit probably add a 50p charge).

PS your team looks iffy at best.

16 minutes ago, King Jamie said:

Why is everyone going on about "£20"? Just purchase the individual meeting ticket online, it's only £18 (albeit probably add a 50p charge).

PS your team looks iffy at best.

20 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

Yes, also a lot of "older" supporters may not be able to access e tickets therefore may think twice before parting with £20

See previous post regards the "£20".

I presume the NDL matches are going to be all Double Headers with CL matches, as you can't buy a Season Ticket for them separately? Maybe @crescent girl can inform?

If that was the case then it’s probably worth the money £20 for two meetings has that been mentioned anywhere by the Berwick promotion.

1 hour ago, Jaizer said:

No concessions been in place at Glasgow for quite a few years now. While disappointing think the logic was that a large percentage of regulars fall into the over 65 category and have, in most cases, more disposable income than a lot of under 65s. I know my old man has far more than me!!

Honestly can see the argument from both sides but you'd think could take a couple quid off for pensioners at least

The unfortunate facts are that as per ONS statistics the over 65s are the wealthiest group of people in the country. They as a group have the largest amount of capital, and whilst like any group of people by age there are some who are not well off, as a whole they have the most disposable income. Most under 65's have higher incomes, but are still paying mortgages and funding kids and god knows what else. But from a business point of view, when presented with those facts, it does seem a little absurd to be offering a discount to your wealthiest customers.

I'll now stand back and wait for all the over 65's to explode as to how ageist these statistics are :rofl: Remember folks, this is a group of people as a whole. It may well not apply in YOUR personal case. 

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, wtf said:

The unfortunate facts are that as per ONS statistics the over 65s are the wealthiest group of people in the country. They as a group have the largest amount of capital, and whilst like any group of people by age there are some who are not well off, as a whole they have the most disposable income. Most under 65's have higher incomes, but are still paying mortgages and funding kids and god knows what else. But from a business point of view, when presented with those facts, it does seem a little absurd to be offering a discount to your wealthiest customers.

I'll now stand back and wait for all the over 65's to explode as to how ageist these statistics are :rofl: Remember folks, this is a group of people as a whole. It may well not apply in YOUR personal case. 

Of course, many have disposable income, many do not.

They have at least worked for that money and keep adult children into their thirties who will not work.

But I will not pay £20 for second rate entertainment from money grabbing riders who already and are playing the system and clubs.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StevePark said:

I presume the NDL matches are going to be all Double Headers with CL matches, as you can't buy a Season Ticket for them separately? Maybe @crescent girl can inform?

With a reduction in Championship home meetings would Berwick really want to run double headers with so many free Saturday`s.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, screm said:

With a reduction in Championship home meetings would Berwick really want to run double headers with so many free Saturday`s.

Plus at the moment 6 teams have confirmed so far for the NDL with Armadale and Mildenhall still in limbo 

1 hour ago, StevePark said:

Don't think so