British Speedway Forum

47 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

Apart from Oxford charging another £2 on top, if you don’t book in advance.

Same as Berwick.Personally think it  is a nonsense.

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 1

On 12/6/2022 at 5:09 PM, Col said:

Would say Bears have advantage in top 2 & at reserve but Cheetah's have a more solid engine room!  But similar teams in terms of construction.

What do I know, I only saw two Championship fixtures last year!

I'd say the complete opposite, Oxford have a far stronger top 2/3, Redcar stronger at second string & reserve 

Berwick weaker top 3 than either Oxford or Redcar, but have the strongest second strings, reserves between Redcar & Oxford.

Edited by szkocjasid

On 12/4/2022 at 5:57 PM, Tsunami said:

Certainly doubtful that Mulford will stay as a reserve after the first set of averages with him being on a 2 start.

On 12/5/2022 at 12:13 PM, szkocjasid said:

Not sure what you mean? Are you saying Mulford will be dropped or moving up into the top 5? Neither scenario seems likely to me!

On 12/6/2022 at 1:06 PM, Tsunami said:

Moving up obviously.

I can't see Mulford moving out of reserve all season tbh. Definitely not after the first set of averages (carrying Kent scores).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

I can't see Mulford moving out of reserve all season tbh. Definitely not after the first set of averages (carrying Kent scores).

We'll see. 

4 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

We'll see. 

Realistically who do you really think he will overtake in averages to move out of reserve? Because I can't see it 3.5 at most 

1 minute ago, mc131 said:

Realistically who do you really think he will overtake in averages to move out of reserve? Because I can't see it 3.5 at most 

Any rider who improves his average by 1:5 points has done incredibly well. I’m sure that if he just improves on the assessed 2 the club and the fans will be happy. Remember Tom Wooley ? the Redcar fans loved him.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, mc131 said:

49 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Any rider who improves his average by 1:5 points has done incredibly well. I’m sure that if he just improves on the assessed 2 the club and the fans will be happy. Remember Tom Wooley ? the Redcar fans loved him.

I think Mulford is a good signing on a 2.00 ave, think he has the ability to average 4.00, but still think he'd be at reserve all season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I think Mulford is a good signing on a 2.00 ave, think he has the ability to average 4.00, but still think he'd be at reserve all season.

Need to support home grown talent but we had Nathan Ablitt last season and he scored more points for Belle Vue Colts last season than Milford and never won a race for Poole but with lower team building points limit he may win a race or two so could be a good signing or go for Nathan he has ridden all the tracks and would be a better bet going On league track experience.

5 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Well if you think that I hope your spot on as keeping Jake at reserve will make a winning team so that means the riders at 2/3/4 have to hit a minimum of 6 points home & away all season which is a difficult ask 

6 hours ago, Essex said:

Need to support home grown talent but we had Nathan Ablitt last season and he scored more points for Belle Vue Colts last season than Milford and never won a race for Poole but with lower team building points limit he may win a race or two so could be a good signing or go for Nathan he has ridden all the tracks and would be a better bet going On league track experience.

Mulford averaged a point more than Ablitt in the NL last year and actually turned up at Armadale for their most important meting.

• Haha 1

The Shane’s article in the SS a couple of weeks ago is a bit confusing regarding his Speedway ambitions.More interested in Long Track and his injury sounds a nasty one.

15 hours ago, Essex said:

Mulford  didn't start the season with BV as he was a late replacement for Parkinson Blackburn. Nathan started the season and missed the last meeting at Edinburgh.

• Like 2

On 12/7/2022 at 7:06 PM, szkocjasid said:

Do u not what his average was for kent must be over 2 because he did ok only 1 no scoring meeting

On 12/7/2022 at 8:18 PM, mc131 said:

I don’t see him moving out of the reserves any time quickly but maybe move from 7 to 6 when Shanes drops to 7? Unless Redcar drop Shanes first. 

• Like 1

On 12/7/2022 at 7:01 PM, szkocjasid said:

I'd say the complete opposite, Oxford have a far stronger top 2/3, Redcar stronger at second string & reserve 

Berwick weaker top 3 than either Oxford or Redcar, but have the strongest second strings, reserves between Redcar & Oxford.

Not sure Oxfords top 3 is far stronger than Redcar's..... Masters is certainly the best of them but not sure Nicholls and Kerr are stronger than King and Wright

• Like 2