British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Finding someone will not be easy though if he is going to be out that length of time

Adam Ellis 7.31 from last year brummies ave? What’s conversion rate down 1.5? Blodorn Bellego?

7 minutes ago, Redtruck said:

Adam Ellis 7.31 from last year brummies ave? What’s conversion rate down 1.5? Blodorn Bellego?

Ellis will be conversion average now as well as doesn't have champ place at start of season I believe. Could be wrong but 1.6 rings a bell for this year

35 minutes ago, Redtruck said:

Rew? Batch? 

Could Rene Bach or rasser be tempted back on short term deals? Saying that think rassers average was nearing 9

54 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Ellis will be conversion average now as well as doesn't have champ place at start of season I believe. Could be wrong but 1.6 rings a bell for this year

Wouldn't want ellis

2 hours ago, StevePark said:

*Riss

Should really be Miss 

• Haha 1

On 5/14/2023 at 2:04 PM, Fortythirtyeight said:

Do you sack ‘em merchants every stop ! Give the lads a chance, how are the youngsters supposed to improve if they aren't given team spots ?

Charles Wright is a prime example !

Don't forget Edinburgh dropped Charles Wright for Marcel Helfer lol!

Possible Prem replacements for Riss: Hans Andersen (7.79) or Keynan Rew (5.00). Other than that Troy Batchelor (7.29) or Tero Aarnio (7.55). Think they are stronger with guests tbh

Lets say Redcar decide to plan without Riss & also drop Mulford to go with strength in depth?

10.75 available to replace Riss & Mulford, could sign 2 of:

Dillon Ruml (5.47)

Drew Kemp (5.20)

Dan Thompson (5.09)

Would obviously be weaker at the top without a 3rd heat leader, but stronger at the bottom with Bailey & Edwards at reserve.

Edited by szkocjasid

when is  Thomas H Jonassons  ban up  

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Bellers101 said:

Redcar have 3 heat leaders and 4 reserves, one of which is clearly out of his depth in the Championship.

Mulford was on the pace at Poole, i dont think he needs dropping, he will improve as the season progresses, i would be more concerned about Bailey who was not great in either leg and clearly didnt fancy the faster, wider line.

Redcar struggled last night against a VERY strong Poole side, I still believe Redcar are one of the better teams in the league, I just think Poole and Glasgow are head and shoulders above everyone else. If changes are to be made, it needs to strengthen the second strings and reserve positions definitely and perhaps it's too much too soon for Jake (I really thought he would kick on this year)

I'm not sure how long Riss is going to be out for (but if Ipswich have replaced him with Barker, he can't be back anytime soon?) and I would suggest that team changes are vital before next month's averages kick in and presumably Charles and Danny increased their averages significantly.

1. Danny King 8.05

2. Danyon Hume 5.68

3. Troy Batchelor 7.29

4. Dan Thompson 5.09/Dillon Ruml 5.47 (if available for Britain)/Drew Kemp 5.20

5. Charles Wright 7.40

6. Jason Edwards 3.80

7. Sam Hagon 2.00 (Has averaged 9.43 points in the NL and started the season very strong)

This team would allow for the three big heatleaders still, but has a slightly more balanced look to it. And I'm not sure who is more popular out of Jason and Connor, but Connor could quite easily go at 6 instead of Jason if Thompson or Kemp are at number 4. Food for thought, Redcar need a strong 1-7 back on track.

Hume is the one that frustrates me the most. Mulford and Bailey are young lads trying to progress so their struggles are more understandable.

Hume is a reasonably experienced rider now but is so frustrating to watch. Seems to over try and loses scoring positions far too often. 

He’s been slightly better away from home but still disappointing overall in my opinion.

Edited by Yearbyred
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

Redcar struggled last night against a VERY strong Poole side, I still believe Redcar are one of the better teams in the league, I just think Poole and Glasgow are head and shoulders above everyone else. If changes are to be made, it needs to strengthen the second strings and reserve positions definitely and perhaps it's too much too soon for Jake (I really thought he would kick on this year)

I'm not sure how long Riss is going to be out for (but if Ipswich have replaced him with Barker, he can't be back anytime soon?) and I would suggest that team changes are vital before next month's averages kick in and presumably Charles and Danny increased their averages significantly.

1. Danny King 8.05

2. Danyon Hume 5.68

3. Troy Batchelor 7.29

4. Dan Thompson 5.09/Dillon Ruml 5.47 (if available for Britain)/Drew Kemp 5.20

5. Charles Wright 7.40

6. Jason Edwards 3.80

7. Sam Hagon 2.00 (Has averaged 9.43 points in the NL and started the season very strong)

This team would allow for the three big heatleaders still, but has a slightly more balanced look to it. And I'm not sure who is more popular out of Jason and Connor, but Connor could quite easily go at 6 instead of Jason if Thompson or Kemp are at number 4. Food for thought, Redcar need a strong 1-7 back on track.

Can’t see them dropping Jason in favour of Conner as he  belongs to Redcar.They are not a bad Team just had a poor night against avery good Poole Team on the night.Riss illness is upsetting the balance though.

• Like 1