British Speedway Forum

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I'm sure it goes on and Poole have been quite vocal in the past when clubs haven't asked for permission when it the Prem. Could always put the loan fee up a bit as compensation? ;)

Imagine selling a rider and then next season having to pay out to use him the next season. Quite amusing :D

Never sold him it was a straight swap with Basso.

If Basso is doing Prem next season as I am sure he is, then there will be a loan fee for that It would offset any outgoing loan fee.

1 minute ago, Gazc said:

Never sold him it was a straight swap with Basso.

If Basso is doing Prem next season as I am sure he is, then there will be a loan fee for that It would offset any outgoing loan fee.

Ah yes, good point! Will be quite interesting what way Glasgow go if no Basso and CC. As on the podcast they made out that Glasgow are desperate for a league title. 

With Lawson signed up in Poland with all they demand,why would he go to a weekend track in UK, especially with a limit on guarantees?;)

Edited by Skidder1

19 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I'm sure it goes on and Poole have been quite vocal in the past when clubs haven't asked for permission when it the Prem. Could always put the loan fee up a bit as compensation? ;)

Imagine selling a rider and then next season having to pay out to use him the next season. Quite amusing :D

It's fine we're loaded... Apparently 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

45 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

With Lawson signed up in Poland with all they demand,why would he go to a weekend track in UK, especially with a limit on guarantees?;)

It’s only a rumour albeit a rumour from a couple of reliable people.

Poland is.very easily accessible that would be not an issue.

On 10/17/2022 at 5:40 PM, Jaizer said:

Since this is most chat on Glasgow 2022 thought I'd give this a start.

I've worked off a 39 point limit based as middle of the rumoured limit changes and think looks a decent side.

1. Blodorn/Lawson

2. Vissing/ Starkey

3. Kye Thomson

4. Danyon

5. Tom

6. Connor

7. Sam hagon

If 40 could potentially have vissing and Starkey over Connor?

I know couple of "false averaged" guys in there!! But surely Starkey and vissing are better than 5 averages in a lower quality league?

I'd also love basso back I just don't see it happening unfortunately 

I think Glasgow without Cook would be a good move for both.

If Sam Hagon is keen to try his hand in the Championship I would expect somewhere nearer home to be the choice for Sam & his "team".

11 minutes ago, Gasser90 said:

He told me he was ? 

Plans must've changed, it's on the club's Twitter 

20 minutes ago, Gasser90 said:

He told me he was ? 

Think he was maybe expecting to…….but then the numbers game came into play. 

20 hours ago, tyretrax said:

Danyon Hume not returning.

I have nothing against the lad because he always seemed a nice guy but i'm glad about this news as i think there are better riders on lower averages (Dan Gilkes springs to mind if he's injury free) along with young Danish and Swedish riders on 5-point averages (such as Kevin Juhl Pedersen if he's available.)

27 minutes ago, Nickinho said:

I have nothing against the lad because he always seemed a nice guy but i'm glad about this news as i think there are better riders on lower averages (Dan Gilkes springs to mind if he's injury free) along with young Danish and Swedish riders on 5-point averages (such as Kevin Juhl Pedersen if he's available.)

I personally like Hume as a rider but the one thing I've noticed when you watch him is he seems to lock the bike up loads through the corners

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Nickinho said:

Don't think be any chance of KJP. More chance of one of the Knudsen brothers or a certain Mr Bowes jnr I'd have thought. 

Also not sure our promotion want to be taking the risks on untried foreign riders. In a reverse from what used to happen we let other clubs take the risk then sign them once proven can cut it in the UK. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Don't think be any chance of KJP. More chance of one of the Knudsen brothers or a certain Mr Bowes jnr I'd have thought. 

Also not sure our promotion want to be taking the risks on untried foreign riders. In a reverse from what used to happen we let other clubs take the risk then sign them once proven can cut it in the UK. 

Sounds a bit boring! ;) More fun not knowing if they are going to come first or last or anything in-between. 

5 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Sounds a bit boring! ;) More fun not knowing if they are going to come first or last or anything in-between. 

Totally agree, love watching riders for first time never knowing what going to get. But for every Josh G we had a Michael penfold. For every Nick Morris there was a Peter juul. 

We'll see but I'd take a chance our promotion looking at vissing and Starkey over any untried foreigners on a 5

• Like 2