British Speedway Forum

1 minute ago, Jaizer said:

Totally agree, love watching riders for first time never knowing what going to get. But for every Josh G we had a Michael penfold. For every Nick Morris there was a Peter juul. 

We'll see but I'd take a chance our promotion looking at vissing and Starkey over any untried foreigners on a 5

Also helps I think if you get recommendations from riders. Poole had Klindt and Freddie Jakobsen recommending Basso. And there are a few people in Aussie letting Matt know about any Aussies coming through to consider. 

So if you go for untried riders definitely need some spies out! ;)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

Also helps I think if you get recommendations from riders. Poole had Klindt and Freddie Jakobsen recommending Basso. And there are a few people in Aussie letting Matt know about any Aussies coming through to consider. 

So if you go for untried riders definitely need some spies out! ;)

With our Danes in the past there is/ was a tigers fan lives in Denmark would recommend them. Owned the club for a year but his name escapes me.

We've had good sources in Oz since Lyons and Bowes signed but some have been an horrific flop. Think lyonsy worked with Connor how we got wind of him come to think of it 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

I'm sure it goes on and Poole have been quite vocal in the past when clubs haven't asked for permission when it the Prem. 

And not so vocal when they've done it themselves :wink:

I don't really have a problem with it, riders are self employed tradesmen only ever under contract for eight months at a time, if they can get themselves sorted for the next year nice and early then good for them. 

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

And not so vocal when they've done it themselves :wink:

I don't really have a problem with it, riders are self employed tradesmen only ever under contract for eight months at a time, if they can get themselves sorted for the next year nice and early then good for them. 

I'm surprised to took 6 hours for someone to bring it up. Thought Lewy might! :P:D

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

With our Danes in the past there is/ was a tigers fan lives in Denmark would recommend them. Owned the club for a year but his name escapes me.

We've had good sources in Oz since Lyons and Bowes signed but some have been an horrific flop. Think lyonsy worked with Connor how we got wind of him come to think of it 

Alun Biggart

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

I think most people can see they were talking BS and trying to get Poole fans to bite. 

It certainly work on you.:rofl:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Colin Mackie recommended  Connor.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, tyretrax said:

It certainly work on you.:rofl:

Not really :t: Are you getting some Bomber merch for Christmas lol. 

Not sure if Lewy is on a wind up or not but would laugh if it was true! 

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Not really :t: Are you getting some Bomber merch for Christmas lol. 

Not sure if Lewy is on a wind up or not but would laugh if it was true! 

Of course it didn't.

Not sure if Cook has “ burnt his bridges at Glasgow “ but would be a good signing for any Team on his Average.IMO

16 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Not sure if Cook has “ burnt his bridges at Glasgow “ but would be a good signing for any Team on his Average.IMO

Think the time was right for him to move on and I am sure he will leave with thanks as he has been an excellent servant to the club.

At this stage a move back to his parent club just might reignite his form.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Gazc said:

Think the time was right for him to move on and I am sure he will leave with thanks as he has been an excellent servant to the club.

At this stage a move back to his parent club just might reignite his form.

He must go somewhere he rides really well ......

8 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

Cook on an average lower than 9.00 is a no brainer for Edinburgh. 

Wonder if they’ll be boo’ing him next year ??