British Speedway Forum

Just now, Noelinho said:

Yes. And Danyon confirmed not coming back. Both are present at the supporters' evening.

Knew about danyon but that's unbelievable news about Ben. I'd made my peace he wasn't coming back, stoked with that. Entertainment guaranteed at ashfield!!!

Jason Crump's view on the Anlas tyres: "the rubbishtest tyre ever made for a speedway bike".

Edited by Noelinho
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

Ben's not riding in the Premiership next year. Polish club + Vojens.

Wow! That kinda crazy. Not many would put Champ first. Did he give any reasons why? 

Don’t think you’ll find many riders that will race in the Ekstraliga and a championship club in the U.K. only leaving out the premier league.

regardless of what happens with the league and playoffs and all the “Facenas are throwing money desperately trying to win the league.” Statements.

I genuinely couldn’t give a hoot, because thanks to them  we now get to watch Ben Basso fly around Ashfield for 16 league matches and that’s worth every single penny of the season ticket.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

Wow! That kinda crazy. Not many would put Champ first. Did he give any reasons why? 

The Premiership is s-h-i-t and its Glasgow.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Said something about annoying some female from Poole.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Had a very brief chat with him and it seems he just loves the track. I'm sure he feels really well supported too.

Interestingly, he said he really struggled with the track for the first four or five meetings. He definitely improved a lot over the season but I don't remember being disappointed at his early performances.

• Thanks 1

Is it still the case that E Winner league riders in Poland are still restricted to two other leagues then?

A bit of a blow to Peterborough but can't blame him for wanting to stick with such a well run club as Glasgow 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Noelinho said:

Official confirmation from Michael Max that Craig Cook isn't coming back.

What must be must be………but got to say I’m kinda sad about that. He’s been a true and passionate star for Tigers. Good luck to him in the future. I’m sure he’ll be back to bite us.

3 minutes ago, ragdoll64 said:

What must be must be………but got to say I’m kinda sad about that. He’s been a true and passionate star for Tigers. Good luck to him in the future. I’m sure he’ll be back to bite us.

Yes, I’m not as sad as I would’ve been after 2019, but he’s still good to watch and very fast. Maybe a change will do him good. But after tonight’s event, I’m excited there’s going to be some top racing to watch next year.

17 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Is it still the case that E Winner league riders in Poland are still restricted to two other leagues then?

A bit of a blow to Peterborough but can't blame him for wanting to stick with such a well run club as Glasgow 

Yes, Poland + 2.

1 hour ago, Noelinho said:

Ben's not riding in the Premiership next year. Polish club + Vojens.

Brilliant to see a rider not having his head turned by the  financial  riches of the Premier League in GB. Good for him going to one of the lower league teams in his pursuit of happiness rather than money.

• Haha 6