British Speedway Forum

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

Was that the one that not many people knew was happening til the day/day before? 

I knew about it at least a week before i think. There was nothing on at Armadale that day either if my memory serves me right.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

League sponsorship paying off well already, good to see. Bit of the cash put in given back with a payday from this.

I think Blobby has just earned the Monarchs their first snake of 2023…..

E2352A4E-E81E-437E-8A8F-6A09AAEB188F.jpeg

• Haha 1

League sponsorship paying off well already, good to see. Bit of the cash put in given back with a payday from this.

<ring ring>

"Good evening, Cab Direct"

"Hello. I'd like a taxi please"

"Ok. Where from?"

"Glasgow Speedway"

"Oh, excellent. No problem. What's the name?"

"Blobby"

"Sorry. We're fully booked"

• Haha 5

22 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

I think Blobby has just earned the Monarchs their first snake of 2023…..

E2352A4E-E81E-437E-8A8F-6A09AAEB188F.jpeg

Thank you. I’d like to the thank Glasgow speedway for this award. 

• Like 1

Thank you. I’d like to the thank Glasgow speedway for this award. 

I would like to the thank you as well.:)

6 hours ago, Nickinho said:

I'm glad that the U21 final is heading to Glasgow this year but i hope it will be better attended than last years' British Youth Championships at Ashfield which had a really poor crowd even though the fixed price was £10. It was a very enjoyable afternoon and the promotion were not at fault as they put on a really good event as they always do. 

I enjoy youth racing, but a different level of drawing fans I imagine with the current crop of under 21's, quite a few championship and premiership riders. Obviously be a bit dearer though. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nickinho said:

I'm glad that the U21 final is heading to Glasgow this year but i hope it will be better attended than last years' British Youth Championships at Ashfield which had a really poor crowd even though the fixed price was £10. It was a very enjoyable afternoon and the promotion were not at fault as they put on a really good event as they always do. 

Just £10 more than Redcar charged then.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Nickinho said:

It was a fantastic event, despite the desert conditions! It was mentioned a few times at meetings, but the club could have advertised it better. No idea how the attendance compared to the meetings at other tracks though.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Beirao said:

It's hardly a lot of gold! Could mean there is no meeting on the Friday before it (Aug 25), the last Friday to run any rained off meetings before the cut off. 

I don't think the club will have a problem putting on a meeting on the 25th if needed. But fitting in meetings wasn't a problem for us last season.

11 hours ago, Noelinho said:

I don't think the club will have a problem putting on a meeting on the 25th if needed. But fitting in meetings wasn't a problem for us last season.

While it would be no real problem logistically to run a meeting on the 25th, it would decimate the likely attendance for the Sunday meeting. 

Fitting in / rearranging meetings isnt our strong point. We almost always defer till later in the hope riders are back from injury and they rarely are. Jubilee competition being the last example.

On 2/7/2023 at 11:51 AM, Beirao said:

It's hardly a lot of gold! Could mean there is no meeting on the Friday before it (Aug 25), the last Friday to run any rained off meetings before the cut off. 

Most clubs are quiet earlier on then have a busy spell in August. I guess that's to make sure they are race-fit going into the play-offs? However it does mean if any of the August matches get postponed, there's not a lot of time to re-arrange them.

Many thanks to all the people who have joined my 100 Club to help support me in the 2023 Speedway Season. We still have space for more of you to get on board so if you’d like to be part of the team call 07593 022417.

lee 100 smaller.jpg

On 2/6/2023 at 1:55 PM, Jaizer said:

Think Clyde trying to build a new ground on the gallowgate last I'd heard

Clyde should have thrown in their lot with Queen's Park and bought Third Lanark's old ground at Cathkin Park from the council and done it up. Could've built a Firhill-sized stadium in that area. The Gallowgate will cost them a fortune and it's too close to Celtic Park.

The Clyde Clowns aren't satisfied with breaking and entering Shawfield but knock down walls and spray profanities.  Another interloper yesterday thought it was OK to wander inside because there was a hole in the wall to come in. If they asked to come in permission would probably be given.

Edited by tyretrax
  • Like 1