British Speedway Forum

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Well you got rid of 2 riders who were decent at Poole. Never thought Craig Cook would be better at Poole than Basso, but that is the world we live in now. Must be the surname! ;)

That wasn't the question Lisa, you stated that Scunthorpe didn't struggle at Poole, 49-41 with Duggy getting 18.  You had Sedgemen guesting at 5 and scoring 7.

Did Poole maybe not pass on   "the little   special start trick up your sleeves" that good old Richie mentioned on BSN on Wednesday.

7 hours ago, Fromafar said:

They know what they are doing,last season was example.

Zach Cooks, 4.6 was a colossal joke, his playoff and cup average was over 7, last year's averages were based on 10 meetings, this year is 20 so it's harder to adjust.

7 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

I must say I'm loving all these posts about Poole on the Glasgow2023 thread!!:t::rofl:

Because the defeat at Poole is what's being discussed? The one Glasgow were at? Hence the post on a Glasgow thread.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Noelinho said:

This only really helps a team if they don’t want to keep the rider finishing in front. Although it helps to suppress the average of the rider getting the bonus points (which will definitely help him), it doesn’t materially change the points average for the team… unless they want to let the lead rider go.

Logically every rider should try to finish behind a guest when getting a 5-1 or 3-3, lowers their average, but doesn't affect the guest

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Logically every rider should try to finish behind a guest when getting a 5-1 or 3-3, lowers their average, but doesn't affect the guest

And (subject to constraints of maximum ride rule) every reserve substitution should be preceeded by a tape touching

1 hour ago, arnieg said:

And (subject to constraints of maximum ride rule) every reserve substitution should be preceeded by a tape touching

Tape touching / 2 minute exclusions don't count towards your average (unless you're not replaced)

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

Tape touching / 2 minute exclusions don't count towards your average (unless you're not replaced)

Tape touching does

• Like 2

Poole and their little trick at Wimborne Road...its called cheating that's why the sport is in a mess they just don't get it do they all about trophies for them win at all costs where is the entertainment pirates have awful entertainment now & a horrible track & don't go on about holder & ward a long time ago when yes they had a better track & good racers ...now its rotten 

34 minutes ago, Cabbageman said:

Poole and their little trick at Wimborne Road...its called cheating that's why the sport is in a mess they just don't get it do they all about trophies for them win at all costs where is the entertainment pirates have awful entertainment now & a horrible track & don't go on about holder & ward a long time ago when yes they had a better track & good racers ...now its rotten 

I have no idea about the little trick or why you think it is cheating.I would agree we have had a dodgy past in that regard but dont see the cheating bit now, perhaps you could explain.The track is not horrible and does produce alot of passing maybe not every meeting like Ashfield or Redcar but it does produce good racing in general.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Cabbageman said:

Cabbage by name, cabbage between the ears. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

48 minutes ago, Cabbageman said:

What on earth are you on about?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Cabbageman said:

I'm afraid even as a tigers fan I cannot agree with you here, it's not cheating, it's just doctored starts to benefit the home riders, Danny king said it a few weeks ago, Richie Lawson confirmed it last week (bet the Poole management wish he hadn't said that on the TV :party:)but it's definitely not Cheating!!! 

The funny thing is I'm sure our season tickets and theirs are similarly priced and we've  got more passes in one meeting than they have all season.

• Like 1

Is it a parody account?

2 hours ago, Cast1rn said:

I'm afraid even as a tigers fan I cannot agree with you here, it's not cheating, it's just doctored starts to benefit the home riders, Danny king said it a few weeks ago, Richie Lawson confirmed it last week (bet the Poole management wish he hadn't said that on the TV :party:)but it's definitely not Cheating!!! 

The funny thing is I'm sure our season tickets and theirs are similarly priced and we've  got more passes in one meeting than they have all season.

We get plenty of passes at Poole thanks maybe not as many as Glasgow or Redcar

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

3 hours ago, arnieg said:

Tape touching does

I'm 99% sure it doesn't (unless they're not replaced) otherwise a teams riders will have ridden more than 30 rides between them.