British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, Gazc said:

Brennan seems very subdued lately, is all the travelling and meetings he is doing having an impact ?.

Now I know most riders do it but Tom does a lot of the driving himself I would be very surprised if he returns next season , just my opinion.

He may opt not to come back however by keeping him at No5 suppresses his average and makes him very marketable next season should it be us or someone else.

The problem with swapping him and Basso around is that if Claus isnt on it, as recently, they become a very weak pairing.

1 hour ago, Noelinho said:

Tom doesn't ride the outside like others, and I think that's hurting him at Ashfield. He defaults more to the inside and it's just not the quickest line most weeks.

Claus also has an unusual line, which I'm sure is one of the reasons he takes someone out once every two meetings.

Like Barker says he’s been taking out riders for 10 years.!!!

2 hours ago, Cast1rn said:

If it does go to one league and I guess this massively depends on how many teams show up for 2024, I wonder what racing night we and all the other championship teams get?

If the CL teams make up the majority then if common sense prevails the status quo will prevail and if it means GP or foreign riders electing not to ride in the UK then so be it. 

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Interesting statement from Barker considering! 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

As Paul Bowen says throttle goes both ways lol. Greg Blair even thought barker would go, probably given was pretty similar to his exclusion against claus :rofl:

2 hours ago, Jaizer said:

As Paul Bowen says throttle goes both ways lol. Greg Blair even thought barker would go, probably given was pretty similar to his exclusion against claus :rofl:

I thought the exclusion was a bit harsh on Claus tbh.

1 hour ago, Noelinho said:

I thought the exclusion was a bit harsh on Claus tbh.

There are a few refs need to book an appointment with Specsavers (other opticians available)!!! 

Adam Roynon was was on the wrong end of a decision at Armadale last week and to add insult to injury picked up an 8njury into the bargain. 

Certain Edinburgh reserve is, to use a Barker quote, going to be taking riders out for years unless he alters his style. 

Edited by cinderfella
Spelling mistook

3 hours ago, cinderfella said:

If the CL teams make up the majority then if common sense prevails the status quo will prevail and if it means GP or foreign riders electing not to ride in the UK then so be it. 

Would think CL teams would keep their regular race nights though Redcar may revert to their traditional Thursday and be joined by Ipswich and Sheffield. Not sure if Berwick would fancy the big league and may opt for the lower tier. Belle Vue, Kings Lynn and Leicester have all had Saturdays  in their past - in some cases distant past - so it'll be interesting to see what they opt for. If Mondays, then the big league could be run Monday to Friday which may allow some previously Premiership only guys  - Kurtz, Lidsay etc- to ride in the UK. 

7 minutes ago, Beirao said:

Would think CL teams would keep their regular race nights though Redcar may revert to their traditional Thursday and be joined by Ipswich and Sheffield. Not sure if Berwick would fancy the big league and may opt for the lower tier. Belle Vue, Kings Lynn and Leicester have all had Saturdays  in their past - in some cases distant past - so it'll be interesting to see what they opt for. If Mondays, then the big league could be run Monday to Friday which may allow some previously Premiership only guys  - Kurtz, Lidsay etc- to ride in the UK. 

What’s big league about it?

2 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

What’s big league about it?

May be combined would be a better description, though if eleven teams are in it, it will be almost twice as big as next years Premiership if two senior leagues.

Will the big/combined league be 2H and 2A? Can clubs sustain that ? Sounds a lot at 40 meetings but just the same as 16 Championship and 24 Premiership league meetings this year. If 1H and 1A that represents a 50% reduction in meetings for doubling up riders. 

2 minutes ago, Beirao said:

May be combined would be a better description, though if eleven teams are in it, it will be almost twice as big as next years Premiership if two senior leagues.

Will the big/combined league be 2H and 2A? Can clubs sustain that ? Sounds a lot at 40 meetings but just the same as 16 Championship and 24 Premiership league meetings this year. If 1H and 1A that represents a 50% reduction in meetings for doubling up riders. 

Would like to think Berwick would still be in that League.wouldn’t be much different to Championship just now,if Promoters have any sense.IMO

7 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Would like to think Berwick would still be in that League.wouldn’t be much different to Championship just now,if Promoters have any sense.IMO

Thats the first problem, what the PL owners will want will differ from the CL owners. Sense will go out the window as self interest will dominate.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MD said:

Thats the first problem, what the PL owners will want will differ from the CL owners. Sense will go out the window as self interest will dominate.

Tend to agree.

7 hours ago, MD said:

Time PL owners realise its the CL teams that will make or break them. Time 5he CL got a fair deal TV wise too

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Marcin nowak leaves the tigers, as he’s been recalled full time by his polish club Stal Rzeszow.  New signing announced soon