British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

On a serious note if Harris and Brennan are at Brum and Lawson at Poole. Who the heck are Glasgow having as their other HLs?! Scott Nicholls maybe? @Jaizer might get the wish of Troy Batchelor in the end! 

I like Scott, but no. Travel would be horrific and he's not best suited to Ashfield. His average wouldn't be worth it, for me.

1 minute ago, Neila said:

Got to remember Cammie knickers in charge of team building, as he does not normally knows what he is doing. It's gonna take a bit of time and lots of crossed out teams on his bit of paper :D

Even if you don't have faith in Cami, Gerry and Peter aren't fools. They sign the cheques. They have a clear idea of what and who they want.

1 minute ago, Noelinho said:

Even if you don't have faith in Cami, Gerry and Peter aren't fools. They sign the cheques. They have a clear idea of what and who they want.

Don’t think a number of fans have faith in Cami.BUT.

Harris and Brennan will be at Glasgow 

;)

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Barker is in with his Uncle at Plymouth!

Will he also take on the role of his personal drug tester before meetings.

1 hour ago, Jaizer said:

God's honest truth I wouldn't be heartbroken if Tom moved on. I know had full year at no.5 but think he stagnated a bit and looking at potential make up of team we'd need him to become a genuine 8 pointer and not sure he would be. Seemed to perform better for BV than us too which always sticks in my throat.

I'll probably get slaughtered for saying that now :rofl:

The problem with dropping Brennan now, is after a riding at number 5, if he goes elsewhere as a 3rd HL he should then raise that average considerably.

Glasgow need to keep him to benefit from leaving him at 5, especially as they never used Basso in the harder position - leaving him on a high average!

4 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

The problem with dropping Brennan now, is after a riding at number 5, if he goes elsewhere as a 3rd HL he should then raise that average considerably.

Glasgow need to keep him to benefit from leaving him at 5, especially as they never used Basso in the harder position - leaving him on a high average!

Unless Brennan wants away , doubt Glasgow would not use him.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

Just like the past 2 seasons then.:wink:

50 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Don’t think a number of fans have faith in Cami.BUT.

I'd say older experienced fans who have followed the sport for year and know the tactical game certainly don't have much confidence in him compared to newer fans who don't know the ins and outs yet. We've seen dropped points at home and away which could have made a difference over the years.

The one thing a team manager in the pits knows more than the fans is if a particular rider isn't feeling 100% and doesn't feel up to taking a ride the fans would expect him to take.

I think also the fact Mr Brown always seems to be the 'voice and face' of the team doesn't give a good impression to the fans.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

I'd say older experienced fans who have followed the sport for year and know the tactical game certainly don't have much confidence in him compared to newer fans who don't know the ins and outs yet. We've seen dropped points at home and away which could have made a difference over the years.

The one thing a team manager in the pits knows more than the fans is if a particular rider isn't feeling 100% and doesn't feel up to taking a ride the fans would expect him to take.

I think also the fact Mr Brown always seems to be the 'voice and face' of the team doesn't give a good impression to the fans.

I think he often lets Glasgow down. Team decisions and also as you say being ‘the face‘. Doesn’t always come over as the most professional. 

2 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

I think he often lets Glasgow down. Team decisions and also as you say being ‘the face‘. Doesn’t always come over as the most professional. 

Get the impression he wants to be noticed when things are going well.Don’t think he can actually “manage the riders” when things are not going to plan.To be fair there is not really much aTeam manager can do these days with all the rules.It’s obvious he “ buys” his place as Team Mamager.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Gazc said:

You’re on literally every thread , there must be a vast knowledge on well everything as you have your say on well everything.

This is a forum, wasn't aware you had to stick to your own teams thread 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Oh hell no! :mad::nono:;)

Ben cook is on his average it’s Zach cook we’re borrowing this season to see what we can do with his 4.92

• Haha 1