British Speedway Forum

10 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Talks but at that point in time nothing was agreed. Obviously you’re not quite the sharpest tool in the shed and struggling to understand that bit. 

Of course not :rofl:   Naive and Gullible don't really cover it  .. i think the person who struggling to understand what is going on here is you .

52 minutes ago, orion said:

No do the same next year . .its a money spinner . 

Are you saying no one would have turned up if it was just The Scottish Open Championship?

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, orion said:

Of course not :rofl:   Naive and Gullible don't really cover it  .. i think the person who struggling to understand what is going on here is you .

You can think that if you wish but I know a lot more than what your presuming. Which is why what you’re saying I find quite funny. 

9 hours ago, tyretrax said:

Are you saying no one would have turned up if it was just The Scottish Open Championship?

Anyone with one brain cell would understand the crowd would have been a lot smaller.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

You can think that if you wish but I know a lot more than what your presuming. Which is why what you’re saying I find quite funny. 

Riders were being told not to take other deals at other clubs  long before the meeting took place as the chances were they were going to ride again this season . If you are part of the set up you will know that already .

Edited by orion
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, orion said:

Anyone with one brain cell would understand the crowd would have been a lot smaller.

not sure what you're trying to achieve with your comments

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ch958 said:

not sure what you're trying to achieve with your comments

Sh#t stirring would be my guess.!!!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, orion said:

Riders were being told not to take other deals at other clubs  long before the meeting took place as the chances were they were going to ride again this season . If you are part of the set up you will know that already .

Riders weren’t told that. They were told to hold off just in case as we had a cut off given to us by the BSPA to declare if we were competing next season. Again at that point nothing had been agreed.

6 hours ago, orion said:

How much do you want back? 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, orion said:

No   I expect a meeting that is called a farewell meeting at a stadium to be just that  ..

Just like the one at Swindon a few years ago?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Better off ignoring him. He must have repetitive strain syndrome with the same unsubstantiated guff he writes on here.

If we come to tapes in 2023, that’s all that matters.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The promotion had been told by the stadium owners that speedway would not be able to continue in 2023 so the promotion arranged a farewell meeting. So far totally reasonable.

Then the stadium owners realise that their plans are not going to happen and the speedway promotion also find their plans for a new track are sunk without trace. So reasonably the two sides have talks how how both can help each other out. Date for the farewell is getting very close but no agreement so it is not unreasonable to go ahead with the farewell meeting. 

Now we have the good news that both sides think an agreement is going to be possible but it has not been signed yet, so running the farewell meeting still makes sense as it is still possible that no racing for Edinburgh will be possible in 2023.

Many tracks and promotions have been in a similar situation in the past and sadly many will face the same problems in the future. How many farewell meetings for both speedway and stock cars were held at Boston. There it almost became an annual event and if the stadium still existed I am sure many fans would be happy to still be having a farewell meeting every year!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Chris116 said:

The promotion had been told by the stadium owners that speedway would not be able to continue in 2023 so the promotion arranged a farewell meeting. So far totally reasonable.

Then the stadium owners realise that their plans are not going to happen and the speedway promotion also find their plans for a new track are sunk without trace. So reasonably the two sides have talks how how both can help each other out. Date for the farewell is getting very close but no agreement so it is not unreasonable to go ahead with the farewell meeting. 

Now we have the good news that both sides think an agreement is going to be possible but it has not been signed yet, so running the farewell meeting still makes sense as it is still possible that no racing for Edinburgh will be possible in 2023.

Many tracks and promotions have been in a similar situation in the past and sadly many will face the same problems in the future. How many farewell meetings for both speedway and stock cars were held at Boston. There it almost became an annual event and if the stadium still existed I am sure many fans would be happy to still be having a farewell meeting every year!

Stop talking sense it will upset ppl lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, orion said:

Take it you will not be going to next seasons Farewell Meeting.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Take it you will not be going to next seasons Farewell Meeting.

Very good. But I've heard they are going to call it "Au Revoir to Armadale" just to cover all the bases. :D

• Haha 3