British Speedway Forum
Monarchs2468

World Cup - Wroclaw July 2023

On 12/27/2022 at 6:50 PM, enotian said:

What would everyone think about a grading system for the SWC? To even the competition a little. Every other speedway team competition has some kind of team building limit.

Top 20 riders - Grade 4 

Riders ranked 21 to 40 - Grade 3

Any other rider not in the other four categories - Grade 2

Riders U25 - Grade 1

Riders U21 - Grade 0.

Each five man team to total up to 10 grade points.

Poland would probably still win as they've got good riders in each grade but it might make it more competitive for more nations. However, you'd not get to see all the top riders (i.e. GB would only be able to select two from Woffinden, Bewley and Lambert who'd all be Grade 4). 

Worth some thought?

Not for me at all... As above a World Cup should be about picking the best available otherwise integrity just goes from the event... Absolutely no other sport would consider something like that 

• Like 2

Poland have named their senior and junior squads for 2023.

Kadra seniorów
1. Patryk Dudek
2. Maciej Janowski
3. Jarosław Hampel
4. Janusz Kołodziej
5. Dominik Kubera
6. Jakub Miśkowiak
7. Kacper Woryna
8. Szymon Woźniak
9. Bartosz Zmarzlik

Kadra juniorów
1. Mateusz Cierniak
2. Bartłomiej Kowalski
3. Krzysztof Lewandowski
4. Kacper Pludra
5. Wiktor Przyjemski
6. Damian Ratajczak

Would Jakub Miśkowiak's inclusion in the squad suggest that a 21 or under has to be included for the World Cup?? Or is he actually THAT good?? 

4 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Would Jakub Miśkowiak's inclusion in the squad suggest that a 21 or under has to be included for the World Cup?? Or is he actually THAT good?? 

It suggests to me that he is now a senior and not U 21 any more :)

Seniors:
Leon Madsen (Denmark)
Mikkel Michelsen (Denmark)
Kacper Woryna
Maksym Drabik 
Jakub Miskowiak (U24)
Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

It suggests to me that he is now a senior and not U 21 any more :)

Seniors:
Leon Madsen (Denmark)
Mikkel Michelsen (Denmark)
Kacper Woryna
Maksym Drabik 
Jakub Miskowiak (U24)

What's Madsen & Michelsen got to do with Poland's squad?

Is this World Cup (unfortunately) running an U21/U24 team position is the question?? 

10 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

What's Madsen & Michelsen got to do with Poland's squad?

Is this World Cup (unfortunately) running an U21/U24 team position is the question?? 

You surely know enough about Polish Speedway to realise that is a list of the Czestochowa team(1-5) for 2023 and it lists Miskowiak as the U 24 rider.

From SGP website   Each country can line up with four senior riders and one under-21 substitute.

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 1

Interestingly, I don't think Poland look all that strong. 

Zmarzlik obviously can go through the card but even he jas tenancies to have a wobbly moment. 

Zmarzlik, Dudek, Janowski look an obvious 3 but the 4th spot looks weak & may be Miśkowiak will get the nod in more heats. 

Great Britain are the challengers but a huge reliance on Woffinden upping his game. 

2 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Zmarzlik obviously can go through the card but even he jas tenancies to have a wobbly moment. 

Zmarzlik, Dudek, Janowski look an obvious 3 but the 4th spot looks weak & may be Miśkowiak will get the nod in more heats. 

Great Britain are the challengers but a huge reliance on Woffinden upping his game. 

Add in Kubera, Kolodziej and home advantage and they look crushingly strong to me.

2 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

And hopefully Aussies can pull something out of their ***. Flying over to watch them. Just booked flights and Wroclaw accommodation for a week. Just need to get tickets now..............

1 hour ago, ozzie said:

And hopefully Aussies can pull something out of their ***. Flying over to watch them. Just booked flights and Wroclaw accommodation for a week. Just need to get tickets now..............

The downfall for you guys is Doyley's retirement. Don't think Fricke, C.Holder, J.Holder, Kurtz will cut it

9 hours ago, arnieg said:

Add in Kubera, Kolodziej and home advantage and they look crushingly strong to me.

I would imagine Woffinden & Bewley have a fair idea how to get around Wrocław, as well as Lambert, the 4th rider, who knows, Ellis?

2 hours ago, stevehone said:

I would imagine Woffinden & Bewley have a fair idea how to get around Wrocław, as well as Lambert, the 4th rider, who knows, Ellis?

Bit of a shock, but I'd probably take Harris providing his forms good for Leicester & Brennan as the U24