British Speedway Forum
Monarchs2468

World Cup - Wroclaw July 2023

Pretty obvious why Lawson isn’t included as Wrocław is a big fast track and Lawson is a gater……plus he doesn’t ride in Poland 

How on earth Steve Worrall is in over Charles Wright is a mystery

Worrall does ok on tracks like Poole and Wolves where they are gaters paradise tracks but in Wrocław he would be cannon fodder ….Wright loves the big tracks and would be a far better option …. Strange choice 

• Like 4

It doesnt matter really that 4th rider was always going to be an issue as we simply dont have a good enough one.. not convinced by Woffinden either so need Lambert and Bewley to absolutely fly 

Wright doesn't ride in Poland regularly, Worrall does.

That said Harris isn't a Polish League regular these days.   Guess he's included due to his experience.

16 minutes ago, Col said:

Wright doesn't ride in Poland regularly, Worrall does.

That said Harris isn't a Polish League regular these days.   Guess he's included due to his experience.

But do we need Harris’ experience when we already have 3 GP riders in the team, 2 of them on their home track. We need who would be the best back up rider for the big 3 plus presumably Ellis, that would be Wright or Lawson imo. Lawson best rider in Britain out of the others, Wright probably best suited to Wroclaw.

19 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

But do we need Harris’ experience when we already have 3 GP riders in the team, 2 of them on their home track. We need who would be the best back up rider for the big 3 plus presumably Ellis, that would be Wright or Lawson imo. Lawson best rider in Britain out of the others, Wright probably best suited to Wroclaw.

Harris does turn up for gb on big occasions, I would of liked him and as you say either Wright or lawson.

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

It seems that the 'management' have gone with riders who are riding or have ridden in Poland

Which I guess makes some kind of sense.

However my assumption would be that Wright & Lawson either didn't want to be in the squad or their faces don't fit.

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I cannot understand why Wright & Lawson weren't picked, especially as they could be the 9th & 10th named riders?

4 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

It seems that the 'management' have gone with riders who are riding or have ridden in Poland

But I still don't understand why they haven't picked 10 riders? I know it's incredibly unlikely but if 4 riders got injured would they have to go a man short?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

But I still don't understand why they haven't picked 10 riders? I know it's incredibly unlikely but if 4 riders got injured would they have to go a man short?

No - replacements can be named in the event of injury.

Edited by racers and royals

18 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Poland 10

Zmarzlik

Janowski

Dudek

Kolodziej

Kubera

Piotr Pawlicki

Prem Pawlicki

Wozniak

Drabik

Cierniak

i would go for zmarzlik, janowski, kolodziej, kubera. or maybe piotr. pawlicki.

Edited by DazS

1 hour ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

I presume Poole will have Worrall and Rowe missing for the home match against Birmingham on the 26th?

Only if they get picked for the final 5 which I'll be surprised if either of them actually will. It'll be Woffinden, Bewley, Lambert, Ellis and Brennan the 5 with Harris on Standby imo. 

Edited by Fozzie4388
  • Like 1

Wright must have said that he didnt want to do it... ?

Given the shape of the track, and his commitment, tenacity and hard riding style, surely he would have been a shoe in to take position four? 

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 2