British Speedway Forum
Monarchs2468

World Cup - Wroclaw July 2023

i think it will come down to last couple of heats. Who ever loses will still make final.

41 minutes ago, DazS said:

well whos your money on to qualify tomorrow, will the Aussies beat the Danes?

That's the big contest of the SF.  I'm thinking Danes will have too much for Aussies.

Lord knows why Germany & Czechia were in SF1, when they're both way stronger than France & Finland.  Did Latvia not wish to enter?

A rest of the world team of Zagar, Vaculik, Lebedevs, Becker & the Ukrainian guy would make it more interesting.

• Like 1

Come down to whether Nikki P can separate himself from rider to manager for me. Will he take himself out a heat if thinks rasser is better option? Goes against everything I've ever seen about Nikki P to admit someone's better than him

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Col said:

Lord knows why Germany & Czechia were in SF1, when they're both way stronger than France & Finland.  Did Latvia not wish to enter?

probably because England Sweden weaker of the other 2.?

28 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

They have a plethora of talent they can use. Zmarzlik, Magik, Kubera, Dudek, Kolodziej, Cerniak, in fact their B team will be good enough. 

Janowski has been awful all year in the GPs, Dudek not much better.  Kolodziej always fails on the World Stage.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

No thanks, his time has passed

Maybe, but still a much better rider than Ellis. 

1 minute ago, DazS said:

probably because England Sweden weaker of the other 2.?

Nothing much between GB, Danes & Aussies. GB have the best 3 but the weakest 4/5.  Sweden a bit behind.. But if Germany & Czechia are not taking points off each other they'd give the Swedes more of a run for their money

The French will barely get a point in the race off.

6 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Come down to whether Nikki P can separate himself from rider to manager for me. Will he take himself out a heat if thinks rasser is better option? Goes against everything I've ever seen about Nikki P to admit someone's better than him

Nikki P will do a job.IMO 

5 minutes ago, Col said:

Janowski has been awful all year in the GPs, Dudek not much better.  Kolodziej always fails on the World Stage.  

They are still on par with Woffy and better than many of the others.Kubera is the key man for me.

3 minutes ago, Col said:

Nothing much between GB, Danes & Aussies. GB have the best 3 but the weakest 4/5.  Sweden a bit behind.. But if Germany & Czechia are not taking points off each other they'd give the Swedes more of a run for their money

The French will barely get a point in the race off.

couple of French lads could spoil the results for the top 2 if fighting over a couple of points in last couple of races.

1 hour ago, bloom89 said:

Him or Kemp they are both regularly riding in Poland and it wouldn’t do them any harm. Better than using the same old same old all of the time.

Kemp would be no better, it doesn't really matter who we have but I would give Harris a go, at least he wouldn't give up like Ellis.

1 minute ago, Fromafar said:

They are still on par with Woffy and better than many of the others.Kubera is the key man for me.

has kubera been picked?

9 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Nobody is a 'much better option', that's the point.

@iainb has it pretty much spot on, Adam Elllis and Tom Brennan (and Bomber for that matter) have always ridden for GB abroad. If the likes of Worrall, Lawson, Wright etc (who all have it far to comfy in the UK) have declined those opportunities then they cant moan about not being involved in the SWC.

Of course there are. You know they all declined? If so, it backs my comment. Harris would give all for GB, doubt he would ever decline and is miles ahead of Ellis. 

5 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Nikki P will do a job.IMO 

Still scoring the points in the extra liga for sure. Just seems a lot of pressure to me putting yourself in as rider and manager, albeit with moller assisting 

2 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Still scoring the points in the extra liga for sure. Just seems a lot of pressure to me putting yourself in as rider and manager, albeit with moller assisting 

dont think he will be pulling up if he is in last with a lap still to go, like he does in the polish league