British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Vonny

Dick Bradley RIP.

It is with great sadness that I have to inform you of our beloved Dad's passing on Friday 28th October, just one month before his 98th birthday. :(

• Sad 6

10 minutes ago, Vonny said:

It is with great sadness that I have to inform you of our beloved Dad's passing on Friday 28th October, just one month before his 98th birthday. :(

Sorry to hear of your loss 

• Like 1

Remember Dick Bradley as  rider in 1950's time passes but memories  never fade

• Like 1

Another one I can't actually remember seeing - although I'm sure I did - but I know Dick was always one of my mum's favourites. Very sad news...

• Like 1

Dick was one of my earliest heroes in his Southampton days.  I was lucky enough to meet up with him at the Speedway Bash at Sammy Miller's Museum in New Milton in 2008.  What a fantastic age.  You will be remembered with fondness.  

• Like 2

Condolences to his family.  I remember him riding for Southampton when they visited BVue.  A good age but still sad.

• Like 1

Sad news...I best remember him as the Swindon Team Manager during the early seventies.

RIP

• Like 3

On 11/1/2022 at 7:20 PM, steve roberts said:

Sad news...I best remember him as the Swindon Team Manager during the early seventies.

RIP

Yes well remembered. Knew the name in the back of my mind but was struggling to place it. 98 is a great innings and most of us would take that if offered. RIP. 

• Like 1

Sad news indeed. Dick was the sole survivor of the Bristol team that I saw at the first meeting I attended on August 19 1949 when he scored 6 points from 4 rides at reserve when Bristol rode against New Cross  in front of a 22000 crowd at Knowle Stadium in the second leg of the National Trophy ,  I still have the programme. Dick was one of the finest riders ever to represent Bristol and was loyal right up to the closure in mid 1955. Only then did he move to another club Southampton. I imagine that during his spell at Bristol he would have drawn interest from the bigger clubs as he top-scored all over the country. He also scored 16 points for England in the Test Match at  Harringay  in 1952 in a very late call due to injuries.

Edited by Knowle
wrong word
  • Like 3

33 minutes ago, Knowle said:

Sad news indeed. Dick was the sole survivor of the Bristol team that I saw at the first meeting I attended on August 19 1949 when he scored 6 points from 4 rides at reserve when Bristol rode against New Cross  in front of a 22000 crowd at Knowle Stadium in the second leg of the National Trophy ,  I still have the programme. Dick was one of the finest riders ever to represent Bristol as was loyal right up to the closure in mid 1955. Only then did he move to another club Southampton. I imagine that during his spell at Bristol he would have drawn interest from the bigger clubs as he top-scored all over the country. He also scored 16 points for England in the Test Match at  Harringay  in 1952 in a very late call due to injuries.

He was a much better rider than he thought he was and  feel he could have gone further than he did..