British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Roger Jacobs

Leicester v MIldenhall - Play off Final 2nd Leg - Friday, 4th November

From Mildenhall Speedway

"We head towards Friday evenings NDL Play Off Final with a very patched up side.
With Ryan, James, Sam, Jack and Alex all missing we now add Josh who is having a pre op this week (we send Josh our very best wishes) and young Luke Harrison who is away.
Under current rules we will line up as follows:
1. Jason Edwards
2. RR
3. Unattached 3 pointer
4. Unattached 3 pointer
5. Guest
6. Unattached 3 pointer
7. Luke Muff
8. Unattached 3 pointer
We are working hard to find a guest from the clubs available to us and will inform you of the team once we sort it."
  • Sad 2

29 minutes ago, Roger Jacobs said:

From Mildenhall Speedway

"We head towards Friday evenings NDL Play Off Final with a very patched up side.
With Ryan, James, Sam, Jack and Alex all missing we now add Josh who is having a pre op this week (we send Josh our very best wishes) and young Luke Harrison who is away.
Under current rules we will line up as follows:
1. Jason Edwards
2. RR
3. Unattached 3 pointer
4. Unattached 3 pointer
5. Guest
6. Unattached 3 pointer
7. Luke Muff
8. Unattached 3 pointer
We are working hard to find a guest from the clubs available to us and will inform you of the team once we sort it."

Just concede the Tie.

So it's:

1 Jason Edwards

2 R/R

3 James Laker

4 Bailey Fellows

5 Tom Woolley [G]

6 Ashton Boughen

7 Luke Muff

8 James Jessop

2 hours ago, arnieg said:

So it's:

1 Jason Edwards

2 R/R

3 James Laker

4 Bailey Fellows

5 Tom Woolley [G]

6 Ashton Boughen

7 Luke Muff

8 James Jessop

Not good for the sport.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Not good for the sport.

It certain isn't, with probably on three riders capable of scoring any points on the night.

I really feel for Mildenhall and the public over the ridiculous situation they've been put in.  

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Not good for the sport.

Awful, can't see any fans wanting to go Leicester will be hit with paying riders mostly double figures 

7 hours ago, arnieg said:

So it's:

1 Jason Edwards

2 R/R

3 James Laker

4 Bailey Fellows

5 Tom Woolley [G]

6 Ashton Boughen

7 Luke Muff

8 James Jessop

Not even a particularly astute line up. Laker & Fellows take 3 rides together so will be scrapping over a point, Woolley & Boughen take 2 rides together. At least sticking Wooley at 3 and Laker at 5 would have spread the points chances a bit and reduce it from being an embarrassment to a shambles.

3 hours ago, Mimmo said:

It certain isn't, with probably on three riders capable of scoring any points on the night.

I really feel for Mildenhall and the public over the ridiculous situation they've been put in.  

Which three?

2 hours ago, mc131 said:

Awful, can't see any fans wanting to go Leicester will be hit with paying riders mostly double figures 

The match should not take place with that Mildenhall Team it’s Jason Edwards v Leicester .Though there was a points limit(lower).Maybe not in NDL though.

Just now, Fromafar said:

The match should not take place with that Mildenhall Team it’s Jason Edwards v Leicester .Though there was a points limit(lower).Maybe not in NDL though.

Sadly just ridiculous rules again Mildenhall should of been allowed at least 2 field a competitive team 

5 hours ago, mc131 said:

Sadly just ridiculous rules again Mildenhall should of been allowed at least 2 field a competitive team 

Rules not ideal.

Berwick and Oxford had to run r/r for the rider second in their averages also. If your team is built the wrong way (good top 2 or 3) then this seriously weakens you (ok if you have strength in depth team).

Won't bother with the stream.

5 hours ago, Fromafar said:

As the NDL rules force the use of RR and multiple 3 point riders in circumstances such as this there can't be a minimum team points total. The six riders programmed have a combined average of 30.62, which I expect exceeds the seven-man total of the infamous S****horpe team of a few years ago. I'm surprised to see Boughen in the line-up as this meeting will give him an MA I believe.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

As the NDL rules force the use of RR and multiple 3 point riders in circumstances such as this there can't be a minimum team points total. The six riders programmed have a combined average of 30.62, which I expect exceeds the seven-man total of the infamous S****horpe team of a few years ago. I'm surprised to see Boughen in the line-up as this meeting will give him an MA I believe.

There’s not much hope for the sport if it continues in this manner.Fag packet stuff and rules that change every season( in some cases weekly).

• Like 1

12 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

Combined team now 28.84 with the withdrawal of Luke Muff :-(

2 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

Combined team now 28.84 with the withdrawal of Luke Muff :-(

There used to be a rule back in the day about a minimum team strength, I take it there is no such rule anymore?