British Speedway Forum
Gazc

CHAMPIONSHIP PLANS FOR ’23

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

I do think it is an error to reduce Team Averages considering the Championship has lost 2 Teams from last season. 

I think the aim is to reduce du/dd so, error or not, it will happen

• Like 1

3 hours ago, crescent girl said:

I saw no rhyme nor reason for the rolling average to be reduced to ten meetings, which allowed imbalances galore.      It should be at least twenty matches, or even more.

I'd also like to see the original match scoring, where the home team got a bonus point if they won by more than six, reinstated.   Giving an extra point to the visitors only isn't a fair shake of the dice.

Disagree with this, as you are giving home teams a point for doing something they really should be doing anyway (winning by +6).  Three points for a home win should be suffice. With the away team getting a Bonus Point for a loss of -6 or less, two points for an away draw and four points for an away win (of any amount).fice, with points for the away team "getting close" (a losing bonus point for example if you lose by less than six) and 2 points for an away draw and four points for a +6 away win.

Edited by StevePark

But I think I agree with crescent girl, other than the four point result (away win by 7 or more) which is exceptional, all the other scenarios involve three points being won or shared....in effect an away loss by six or less meant pinching a match point off the home team and provided more last heat deciders.

As an aside I'd get rid of tacticals for the home team, if you are that far behind on your own circuit then hard luck.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Disagree with this, as you are giving home teams a point for doing something they really should be doing anyway (winning by +6).  Three points for a home win should be suffice. With the away team getting a Bonus Point for a loss of -6 or less, two points for an away draw and four points for an away win (of any amount).fice, with points for the away team "getting close" (a losing bonus point for example if you lose by less than six) and 2 points for an away draw and four points for a +6 away win.ce

Agree Steve, it means the away side doesn’t give up am]nd chases the bonus point. Doing away with it could leave to average manipulation as away sides lower their averages.

18 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

As an aside I'd get rid of tacticals for the home team, if you are that far behind on your own circuit then hard luck.

Agree with this, even though Poole used it twice at home this season.

• Like 1

Bring back the 2 legged bonus point. Kept meaningless meetings interesting and even if team getting soundly beaten has something to race for. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Bring back the 2 legged bonus point. Kept meaningless meetings interesting and even if team getting soundly beaten has something to race for. 

Well they did do that fan vote on it and think it was about 70% for it, so be interesting to see if they implement it or not. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Well they did do that fan vote on it and think it was about 70% for it, so be interesting to see if they implement it or not. 

There's a fan vote at the moment on whether Rob Godfrey should resign, it's currently at 87% that he should do one... be interesting to see if they implement that or not :lol:

• Haha 3

Sadly, the fans are the last thing they take notice of.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, iainb said:

There's a fan vote at the moment on whether Rob Godfrey should resign, it's currently at 87% that he should do one... be interesting to see if they implement that or not :lol:

Would love to vote on that myself, where is it?

19 minutes ago, iainb said:

Bit different when it is not their idea! lol

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

Would love to vote on that myself, where is it?

1 hour ago, StevePark said:

Disagree with this, as you are giving home teams a point for doing something they really should be doing anyway (winning by +6).  Three points for a home win should be suffice. With the away team getting a Bonus Point for a loss of -6 or less, two points for an away draw and four points for an away win (of any amount).fice, with points for the away team "getting close" (a losing bonus point for example if you lose by less than six) and 2 points for an away draw and four points for a +6 away win.ce

I, also, disagree with bringing back the bonus point particularly in the Championship because some tracks have too much home track advantage and young riders often don't ride away tracks as well as their home track ...... that's the reason it was got rid of surely?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, iainb said:

'they?' Surely Godfrey IS 'they'? Besides who else would want the job?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ch958 said:

'they?' Surely Godfrey IS 'they'? Besides who else would want the job?

"They" are the board of directors... Who will do it? I'll do it!

• Like 1