British Speedway Forum
*JJ

Birmingham Brummies 2023

7 hours ago, *JJ said:

No it isn't. Anyone who thinks that this will solve everything is deceiving themselves.

There was a very good reason the vast majority had Brum bottom of the league in the predictions...

And it wasnt the manager . 

The only way tactically he could make a difference is if Brum were the only team allowed to ride for double points using a black and white helmet colour..

In every heat...:D.

A classic example, like Newcastle and Eastbourne, of a club with an NDL crowd level masquerading as a CL team..

Is it promoter ego that does such things? 

You are where you are in the pecking order, because of what level you actually are at...

Zero point in being something you are not..

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HGould said:

We are very grateful to Nigel Tolley and before him the Masons for keeping Brummies alive against mounting odds and big losses. 

Your one man moaning vendetta though against Mark Phillips is OTT

I've not seen Nigel driving a tractor or preparing the track. Nor Dave and Peter Mason Not seen them rebuilding completely new Stands, put in new lighting, drag a struggling NDL team up to the CL and recruit the likes of Crump, Anderson, Palm Toft and others to try to make it work

Perry Barr is in the middle of everywhere, Plymouth is on a never ending road to almost no where. 

Mark Phillips deserves great credit, not your constant moaning. 

Ok I’ll put it another way, the natives are getting restless I’m hearing more and more negative comments every week. And there are a lot more empty spaces in the stadium of course I want the club to succeed there my club . But this year more than any other is the first time I have been worried about its future maybe the financial climate we are in people part with there hard earned money want to be entertained and feel the only entertainment is being provided by the opposition. We have one of the strongest heat leader trios on paper and we go to Poole and concede nine (nine) 5-1s.now I no Poole are good but not that good.sorry for hijacking the Birmingham thread.

Edited by Mike0310
  • Like 1

Back to Brummies.  Following on from Saturday’s Press Release, more news out in the morning.  

Edited by The H Man

8 minutes ago, the hobbit said:

That will be Dan Thompson back in the team after him clearing the concussion protocols 

That was announced in the statement released on Saturday - so isn't "more news"!

1 hour ago, The H Man said:

Back to Brummies.  Following on from Saturday’s Press Release, more news out in the morning.  

Hope they've managed to strengthen up, not expecting them to suddenly change into a winning team, but at least to reach 40 at home & 30 away would be an improvement!

Rogers steps down due to health. Stewart Dickson in as team manager.

Rogers stays with club.

Edited by Skidder1

On 6/8/2023 at 9:30 PM, lisa-colette said:

It's June now so Tate Z might be allowed to ride soon by the doctors? Wonder if he will come over?

Wondering why somebody laughed at this suggestion?

28 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Rogers stays with club.

Nothing more important than someone's health. Hope Rogers is okay. There you go @GiveusaB different TM. No excuses now! 

9 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Wondering why somebody laughed at this suggestion?

If it's Skidder I prob getting close ;)

21 hours ago, the hobbit said:

last weeks debacle in heat five last Wednesday snd his ridiculous attempts to justify his actions, were the last straw for me. He’s absolutely clueless 

What occurred?

32 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Rogers stays with club.

Hope Rogers isn't too bad & recovers sharpish. But best keep Dickson in the role for the season regardless.

21 hours ago, the hobbit said:

last weeks debacle in heat five last Wednesday snd his ridiculous attempts to justify his actions, were the last straw for me. He’s absolutely clueless 

3 minutes ago, midlandred said:

What occurred?

Used Sedgmen for a tac sub against leagues top rider Sam Masters in a heat where he could've been the r/r. Sedgmen had fallen in the previous heat, so there was no evidence he should've got the extra ride over Nick Morris!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Nothing more important than someone's health. Hope Rogers is okay. There you go @GiveusaB different TM. No excuses now! 

If it's Skidder I prob getting close ;)

Excuses for what ???

Now that Lawrence Rogers has stepped down, will all those on here, who wanted him replaced, do likewise from this forum if results don't instantly improve?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I mean Stewart is a good TM but he doesn't have a magic wand. We had plenty terrible teams in his time at Glasgow that he didn't motivate them to be anything other than they were... Poor. And some of those included 2 top riders in parker and stancl!

I'm sure he'll get nick going again as has worked with him since he was 15