British Speedway Forum
*JJ

Birmingham Brummies 2023

On 6/24/2023 at 2:08 PM, Cast1rn said:

Apologies for hijacking the team thread but coming down in July for the speedway and will be making a 300 mile round trip. Wanted to set off early and make a whole day in the Birmingham area and need something to occupy the family (got a six year old to keep happy), zoo, theme park etc until tapes up within a reasonable distance from Perry Barr if anyone can help.

I hope you're a confident driver, if you're planning on driving around Birmingham... Worst driving experience of my life, and I've driven in Paris and Rome!! Good luck, god speed.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

With only a few days left to see out June will we get news of the meeting that the Promotion are due to have (late June) with the landlords of Perry Barr or will it be silence ?, whatever the outcome of the meeting I would hope that we get a press release, This meeting will have a bearing on Speedway in the West Midlands and I hope the outcome will be positive.

• Like 1

On 6/24/2023 at 2:08 PM, Cast1rn said:

Apologies for hijacking the team thread but coming down in July for the speedway and will be making a 300 mile round trip. Wanted to set off early and make a whole day in the Birmingham area and need something to occupy the family (got a six year old to keep happy), zoo, theme park etc until tapes up within a reasonable distance from Perry Barr if anyone can help.

You might like to try this. just a few minutes away from the speedway stadium + no worries about parking & congestion charging .:)

https://www.dayoutwiththekids.co.uk/attractions/sandwell-valley-country-park-f91ab204

31 minutes ago, Dave Jones said:

You might like to try this. just a few minutes away from the speedway stadium + no worries about parking & congestion charging .:)

https://www.dayoutwiththekids.co.uk/attractions/sandwell-valley-country-park-f91ab204

I think they should leave the '10 mins walk to West Brom Town centre', out of the advertisement :D

• Haha 1

On 6/25/2023 at 4:28 PM, Diamonds85 said:

I hope you're a confident driver, if you're planning on driving around Birmingham... Worst driving experience of my life, and I've driven in Paris and Rome!! Good luck, god speed.

If you get off at Great Barr J7 M6 it's literally a straight couple of miles down the hill past Alexander Stadium. 

One of the easiest to find. 

Much easier to find than Glasgow, Edinburgh, Redcar as an example. 

12 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

I think they should leave the '10 mins walk to West Brom Town centre', out of the advertisement :D

very true , but if you consider the other close by areas (Aston - Smethwick- Hockley etc) probably no worse.:)

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Dave Jones said:

very true , but if you consider the other close by areas (Aston - Smethwick- Hockley etc) probably no worse.:)

Agreed! ....I was just adding a touch of humour, but now you mention the other areas, I think we can also add Handsworth/Lozells etc etc etc...... proper rough!:D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HGould said:

If you get off at Great Barr J7 M6 it's literally a straight couple of miles down the hill past Alexander Stadium. 

Edinburgh and Redcar both pretty easy to get to

From B'ham forum...new averages from July 1st gives us 4.78 for a replacement for the injured J.T (out for 6 weeks and not likely to make much of an impact on return, based on previous performances...)

Paul Starke on 4.44 ???

4 hours ago, HGould said:

Armadale Stadium is easy to find once you realise it’s 25 mile from Edinburgh.!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

From B'ham forum...new averages from July 1st gives us 4.78 for a replacement for the injured J.T (out for 6 weeks and not likely to make much of an impact on return, based on previous performances...)

Paul Starke on 4.44 ???

In a heart beat.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Edinburgh and Redcar both pretty easy to get to

Don't know how H.Gould finds Glasgow hard to find.

48 minutes ago, The Dog said:

So how bad did it rain at Birmingham tonight to get the U21 meeting cancelled? 

A completely justified decision. Started bang on 7.30, no parade, clearly determined to get it run. But too much spray hampered visibility. Winning times of 66 seconds [season fastest 57]. If it had been the 'big boys' probably wouldn't even have started.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The Dog said:

So how bad did it rain at Birmingham tonight to get the U21 meeting cancelled? 

I got the impression from the announcer it only went ahead as the kids just wanted to race. They gave it a good stab as well, unfortunately the constant drizzle and rain finished it off. No tannoy on bend one though, first time I've stood there and you can't hear anything.

Edited by Deano
  • Like 1