British Speedway Forum
*JJ

Birmingham Brummies 2023

34 minutes ago, screm said:

Will we ever see Morris racing over here again, long two years ahead for him.

Frank smart came back 

29 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Frank smart came back 

The sport should not welcome back drug cheats.IMO.If he comes back he should be drug tested before every meeting at his expense.

9 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

The sport should not welcome back drug cheats.IMO.If he comes back he should be drug tested before every meeting at his expense.

Morris hasn't been found guilty of failing a drug test though, he has pleaded guilty of refusing to provide one, there will be some who see that as an admission of a failed one had he chosen to take of course.

One question though, do we know the reason why he refused to take a test.

2 hours ago, Brummies_Ste said:

well we will soon find out.

Brummies at Redcar tomorrow night.

No team news yet announced from either team !

Brummies announced Richard Lawson at no 1

So guest facility must still be allowed.

• Like 1

Does Morris' ban mean Brummies can still include him as their number 1? And if so do they get a 'facility'? Fridays fixture probably too soon after the scb statement to change the Lawson guest booking.

Edited by Skidder1

21 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Tend to be of the opinion people make mistakes and deserve a second chance. Being from a deprived area where drugs are rife might have a part in that though 

12 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Tend to be of the opinion people make mistakes and deserve a second chance. Being from a deprived area where drugs are rife might have a part in that though 

That sounds like an excuse. It shouldn't matter where you come from, knowing right from wrong isn't geographical. 

1 minute ago, Petecc said:

That sounds like an excuse. It shouldn't matter where you come from, knowing right from wrong isn't geographical. 

Talking about me not nick. It's all very easy to judge

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, screm said:

Morris hasn't been found guilty of failing a drug test though, he has pleaded guilty of refusing to provide one, there will be some who see that as an admission of a failed one had he chosen to take of course.

Come on ,maybe not in law .He never got off with his excuse.So if he came back and they pick him again for a test what happens if he refuses just like this time (for no reason)

1 hour ago, screm said:

'No Comment'!

1 hour ago, screm said:

I am told from a very reliable source, or should I say from someone that should know what went on, Nick apparently could not pee to take the second test, and yes the first test allegedly showed positive.

Edited by heathen52
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Come on ,maybe not in law .He never got off with his excuse.So if he came back and they pick him again for a test what happens if he refuses just like this time (for no reason)

2 years down the line, either most will have forgotten or, he'll be a victim of harassment. ;)

2 minutes ago, heathen52 said:

I am told from a very reliable source, or should I say from someone that should know what went on, Nick apparently could not pee to take the second test.

If that was the case, when he was ready to take a pee, he should've provided one that could've cleared things up. I have actually heard a rider saying the same thing (about not being able to pee) but, surely drinking a gallon of water might've speeded things up?

4 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Now he has his suspension do Brum and Leicester have to sign someone or can they use guests til end of the season? 

Leicester signed Troy Batchelor to replace Nick Morris then replaced Batchelor as such with Craig Cook 

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

And if so do they get a 'facility'?

A question I asked a few weeks ago. Is there a time limit on these "facilities"? Can the Brummies do what they've done for the past year and a half, just run with a guest til the end of the season?  I'd have thought that they'd have had enough time to find an alternative permanent signing by now, but maybe guests are cheaper? I dunno.  But then again with only 4 meetings until their season is over, is it worth signing someone just for those? No properly satisfactory solution, I fear.