British Speedway Forum
*JJ

Birmingham Brummies 2023

23 minutes ago, BrizHeathen said:

So lets presume Hagon for Pearson and a solid 3rd heat leader for Wright (Howarth?). What other changes are coming? Surely Nielson will be replaced?

There are some gems out there, its just the small matter of finding them.

Again more points available when the next lot of averages are released, 2 or 3 maybe?  Rew for Neilson????

I haven't done any maths but all of a sudden I see a very solid lineup.

The 2 names that I have heard mentioned are one newcomer and one old hand ie Rew and Andersen, would they both fit ?, I think Rew would be a very good signing, Andersen is just earning his pension money these days.

2 hours ago, heathen52 said:

The 2 names that I have heard mentioned are one newcomer and one old hand ie Rew and Andersen, would they both fit ?, I think Rew would be a very good signing, Andersen is just earning his pension money these days.

Remember Hans has Danish League commitments on many Wednesdays - even though the Danish League has its seasonal break in July

1 hour ago, Paul Johnson said:

Isn't Dan Thompson in for Neilsen?

Both Thompson's are having a hard time of it at the moment. I'm not sure if it was temporary cover tbh.

3 hours ago, BrizHeathen said:

Both Thompson's are having a hard time of it at the moment. I'm not sure if it was temporary cover tbh.

The Thompson boys will come good , they we’re quality at the end of last season and I’m sure they’re ironing out problems 

6 minutes ago, BarryIsland said:

The Thompson boys will come good , they we’re quality at the end of last season and I’m sure they’re ironing out problems 

Birminghams troubles are not the Thompson boys.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Birminghams troubles are not the Thompson boys.

Crowds of around 400 to 450

Landlords who seem uninterested in Speedway. 

An Owner who in his own words has already put in and lost 250k 

Concerns about Planning Permissions for development of the area not already developed

A poor side is immaterial compared to those hurdles. 

1 hour ago, HGould said:

Crowds of around 400 to 450

Landlords who seem uninterested in Speedway. 

An Owner who in his own words has already put in and lost 250k 

Concerns about Planning Permissions for development of the area not already developed

A poor side is immaterial compared to those hurdles. 

If it's true HGould that the owner as already put 250k into the club? How long can it last

They have obviously signed someone to replace James Pearson (Sam Hagon ?) and Kenyan Rew to replace James Wright would be a very good signing, they simply have to beat Berwick at Perry Barr on wednesday if they are to have any hope of making the play offs.

Edited by heathen52

2 minutes ago, heathen52 said:

They have obviously signed someone to replace James Pearson (Sam Hagon ?) and Kenyan Rew to replace James Wright would be a very good signing.

Only thing about Rew is you would have to pay to fly him in and out of Poland? 

Rew was abysmal at Owlerton on Thursday, he’s really struggled anywhere apart from odd good meeting at Foxhall, not really seen what the hype is about him in UK and think if there’s inconsistency in the Perry Bar track he’ll struggle there also