British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Diamonds85

Bellle Vue Colts 2023

8 hours ago, Islander15 said:

Where has that been evidenced?

I'm sure I read it on here somewhere :blink: And of course if it was on here it must be 100% correct :D

1 hour ago, RoundTheBoards said:

The only Commonwealth rider we know will be in the NDL is Jacob Hook, and he has a CL average of 4.00 and so will be 8.00 in the NDL.   

Can't imagine anyone flying in a Commonwealth rider just to ride NDL, so presumably any others would ride in CL too, and just double their CL average for NDL.   But if anyone did come over for NDL only I can't imagine them being assessed at anything less than 8.00 anyway.

And George Congreve who has a 4.50 average? (i.e. no CL experience)

And as far as I'm aware James Pearson will be in the NDL? But that might be a load of old sh!te also... Only confirmed commonwealth rider is George as far as I can tell?

I would imagine that Jacob Hook's average will be no higher than 8.00 anyway (x2 his CL average) Has Jacob been confirmed anywhere?

Edited by Diamonds85

I wonder if the likes of Josh MacDonald could ride in the NDL on a 8.00 average? Or is there a ruling to how experienced a commonwealth rider can be? I'm sure Josh is still in this country looking for a team spot...?

Just now, Diamonds85 said:

And George Congreve who has a 4.50 average? (i.e. no CL experience)

Congreave has British patriality, and (allegedly) so does Dayle Wood.   (and Luke Killeen etc)

They come in the same as any other British rider on 3.00, unless they have ridden in a National state championship in which case they come in on 4.50

But that's the same as it's always been.  Nothing to do with the new rule this year opening the league up to Commonwealth riders.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RoundTheBoards said:

Congreave has British patriality, and (allegedly) so does Dayle Wood.   (and Luke Killeen etc)

They come in the same as any other British rider on 3.00, unless they have ridden in a National state championship in which case they come in on 4.50

But that's the same as it's always been.  Nothing to do with the new rule this year opening the league up to Commonwealth riders.

Always happy to be wrong, just had it in my head they were the rules, read it somewhere on here when it was first announced but I forget which thread it was

10 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

I wonder if the likes of Josh MacDonald could ride in the NDL on a 8.00 average?

Assuming Hook is riding for Armadale (as seems to be the case), I can't think of any reason why MacDonald couldn't do the same and ride NDL on a similar basis.     The only thing is without a CL team it's hard to imagine how it would be worth travelling to the other side of the world just to do NDL, and maybe there'd be work permit/visa issues coming over without having a professional job here.

11 minutes ago, RoundTheBoards said:

Assuming Hook is riding for Armadale (as seems to be the case), I can't think of any reason why MacDonald couldn't do the same and ride NDL on a similar basis.     The only thing is without a CL team it's hard to imagine how it would be worth travelling to the other side of the world just to do NDL, and maybe there'd be work permit/visa issues coming over without having a professional job here.

As far as I know Josh lives over here and has a job over here too, but I could be wrong. And he was on Twitter asking for a team spot in 2023 also, so he must be willing to come over if he isn't already.

4 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

As far as I know Josh lives over here and has a job over here too,

In that case I would have thought he would be ok to do NDL, unless he's on some kind of permit/visa for his normal job that won't allow him to do any other work.

1 hour ago, Diamonds85 said:

Oh dear..... how much to play with for the final rider, I'm guessing about 9ish?

Robert Lambert? ;)

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, mikebv said:

Robert Lambert? ;)

Has the CV No NDL experience, would come in on a 8pt Av. £5 grand a Meeting sounds reasonable .

• Haha 1

nah, he rode for Boston or young Stars so would get a discount .. 6 in NDL

9 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

Oh dear..... how much to play with for the final rider, I'm guessing about 9ish?

I make it 8.12 left for the final rider