British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bojangles

Oxford Chargers 2023

Oxford were very unlucky to lose today, personally i think they would of won had Jenkins been riding.

12 hours ago, NickH114 said:

Oxford were very unlucky to lose today, personally i think they would of won had Jenkins been riding.

Very good meeting, and whilst I'm a Mildenhall fan, I think you might be right.......but only might!!
Have a good season.

2 hours ago, Mimmo said:

Very good meeting, and whilst I'm a Mildenhall fan, I think you might be right.......but only might!!
Have a good season.

Yeah, I've got a strong feeling that JJ won have done the business in either Heat 13 or 15, but we'll never know. Terrific meeting between two committed sides, with plenty of incident, while the questionable refereeing calls just about balanced out, although the harshest one was to excluded Sam Woods as he was pushing around for a point in Heat 8 - slightly perplexed by that one, since a winning time was given, suggesting the race was never stopped!

Oxford Chargers want to win, but it's not the be-all and end-all.  It's good enough to have a talented and strong side that provide entertainment and are progressing to become the Cheetahs of the future, which has already started this season, with three Chargers in the Cheetahs. I thought Jody Scott was brilliant yesterday - he didn't allow Alfie Bowtell a way through in Heat 10 to join Henry for a 5-1 that created yet another flip in the fortunes of the meeting. That was a stunning ride from Jody, and then he made no mistakes to win Heat 14 as well.  Jody is another Cheetah of the future.

Sorry I didn't manage to say hello during the meeting yesterday, Mimmo, hope you're doing well.

Edited by lucifer sam
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, lucifer sam said:

Yeah, I've got a strong feeling that JJ won have done the business in either Heat 13 or 15, but we'll never know. Terrific meeting between two committed sides, with plenty of incident, while the questionable refereeing calls just about balanced out, although the harshest one was to excluded Sam Woods as he was pushing around for a point in Heat 8 - slightly perplexed by that one, since a winning time was given, suggesting the race was never stopped!

Oxford Chargers want to win, but it's not the be-all and end-all.  It's good enough to have a talented and strong side that provide entertainment and are progressing to become the Cheetahs of the future, which has already started this season, with three Chargers in the Cheetahs. I thought Jody Scott was brilliant yesterday - he didn't allow Alfie Bowtell a way through in Heat 10 to join Henry for a 5-1 that created yet another flip in the fortunes of the meeting. That was a stunning ride from Jody, and then he made no mistakes to win Heat 14 as well.  Jody is another Cheetah of the future.

Sorry I didn't manage to say hello during the meeting yesterday, Mimmo, hope you're doing well.

Still struggling along mate.

Very impressed with Atkins these days, he's becoming the real deal.  As you say, Jody is improving nicely, and was also good yesterday.
Win or lose, the meeting was simply a good advert for our sport.  

Edited by Mimmo
  • Like 1

On 5/12/2023 at 10:55 PM, phillwhitewasmad said:

Think oxford will hang out for Ashton vale  as a reserve he's 15 shortly and a great prospect 

Would be a good move.

Sam woods in place of Luke for Weds . Should be a close meeting but think Chargers have the fire power to nick it in the end 

21 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Think I'm leaning towards a Belle Vue win. Much stronger at reserve!

Not a chance.   Oxford top 5 are very strong.  Especially at home.   54-36

Edited by PotteringAround

6 hours ago, PotteringAround said:

Not a chance.   Oxford top 5 are very strong.  Especially at home.   54-36

Think you'll be well off that score. For me Oxford's reserves could end up with 1 point from 8 rides. While Freddie Hodder gets double figures.

I agree Oxford have a very strong top 3 & a very promising number 4. But think Belle Vue will heavily outscore Oxford at the bottom end.

Should be an interesting meeting.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Think you'll be well off that score. For me Oxford's reserves could end up with 1 point from 8 rides. While Freddie Hodder gets double figures.

I agree Oxford have a very strong top 3 & a very promising number 4. But think Belle Vue will heavily outscore Oxford at the bottom end.

The loss of Luke Killeen at reserve is a big blow for Oxford. There's no way Sam Woods gets close to his scoring, so that instantly makes it closer than it might have been. That's going to be a problem for Oxford until Killeen returns, literally like losing a heat leader that you can't replace.

Oxford should still win in my opinion, but it'll be competitive. Sam Hagon could be the trump card for Belle Vue having been a Charger last year.

56 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I rate Hodder but good night for him would be wins in heat 2 and 8 plus 3rds in his other 2 rides and one of Bowens. Whilst 9 from him and 2 from Bowen vs 1 from the Oxford reserves is a 10 point swing i still think Oxfords 1-5 will do enough.  Id go 48-42

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

I rate Hodder but good night for him would be wins in heat 2 and 8 plus 3rds in his other 2 rides and one of Bowens. Whilst 9 from him and 2 from Bowen vs 1 from the Oxford reserves is a 10 point swing i still think Oxfords 1-5 will do enough.  Id go 48-42

Certainly don't think there will be much in it, but I'll just favour Oxford for a 4 point win.

Edited by szkocjasid

Just now, Dodger Blue said:

Just a quick question.... We are attending tonight's meeting, are fold up chairs allowed?

Yes, you can take fold up chairs. There's plenty of space for them, especially on the third and fourth bends.

• Like 1