British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Predictions for 2023

23 minutes ago, Gazc said:

I could see his tongue  swelling his cheek as he wrote that and I’m 5 miles away from him.

I also put a tenner on you would be the first to bite.

At least i won you some money :t:

8 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

At least i won you some money :t:

I would ask for a bit of commission ;)

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Your too kind mate I personally thought he made a rip roaring of  himself.

Yeah I think you're right,note to myself remember they're Poole fans. 

19 hours ago, Paulco said:

you can only see the pride of Scotland steamrollering their way through the season .

Just checked out the line ups for the new season. Your right Edinburgh don't look too bad.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, corfe pirate said:

Just checked out the line ups for the new season. Your right Edinburgh don't look too bad.

I said the pride of Scotland , not the noisy neighbours 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Paulco said:

I said the pride of Scotland , not the noisy neighbours 

So the pride of Scotland although technically in England is Berwick.  ;) :D.

Joking aside Glasgow have assembled a strong looking side that will most likely challenge for the title.  :).                                                                                                                                                Back with the banter. They do look good enough to reach the final and finish 2nd to us pesky Pirates.   :D :cheers:.

• Haha 1

With most teams at or near completion it's easier to gauge the potential of each team.

BERWICK; This is a very strong looking Bandits side, with the experience of Schlein to be the father figure over a fairly youthful team. If Flint & Knudsen can add to their tally then a play-off slot is assured. They will struggle at reserve more away from home.

BIRMINGHAM; A team built to a tight budget, Morris will score well but will he be motivated when the going gets tough. I think another hard season for all at Perry Bar.

EDINGBURGH; Fantastic that the Monarchs come to tapes but the loss of Masters will hit hard & his replacement in Cook is at best unpredictable in recent seasons. I cant see much happening towards the play offs

GLASGOW; Money talks for the Tigers & again a massive side has been put in place with the single plan to win the title, can this be the season? if they can stay injury free there is every chance.

OXFORD; A huge front line in Nicholls Masters & Kerr but will it be enough? The reserve pair are very green & a lot will rest on the shoulders of Heeps to bag a haul of points if they are to succeed. A good chance to make the play off series.

PLYMOUTH; Another team built to a budget & much like Brum I believe they are in for a hard time & no play off in 23

POOLE; Five places filled & no doubt another big season will be expected at Wimbourne Road. The Cook's & Thomas continue to grow then the Pirates will please the home faithful. We await the reserves but I feel no matter a play off spot is the norm here.

REDCAR; The Bears are a tough call, in Riss, Wright & King they have a strong spearhead but there is a long tail for that head to wag. It's going to be close but I dont think this is Redcar's year.

SCUNTHORPE; There will be a lot of last heat deciders at the EWR in the coming season but weather the Scorpions have the firepower to get the result in the big races remains to be seen.

So for the play offs I have Berwick, Poole, Glasgow & Oxford 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Technik said:

With most teams at or near completion it's easier to gauge the potential of each team.

BERWICK; This is a very strong looking Bandits side, with the experience of Schlein to be the father figure over a fairly youthful team. If Flint & Knudsen can add to their tally then a play-off slot is assured. They will struggle at reserve more away from home.

BIRMINGHAM; A team built to a tight budget, Morris will score well but will he be motivated when the going gets tough. I think another hard season for all at Perry Bar.

EDINGBURGH; Fantastic that the Monarchs come to tapes but the loss of Masters will hit hard & his replacement in Cook is at best unpredictable in recent seasons. I cant see much happening towards the play offs

GLASGOW; Money talks for the Tigers & again a massive side has been put in place with the single plan to win the title, can this be the season? if they can stay injury free there is every chance.

OXFORD; A huge front line in Nicholls Masters & Kerr but will it be enough? The reserve pair are very green & a lot will rest on the shoulders of Heeps to bag a haul of points if they are to succeed. A good chance to make the play off series.

PLYMOUTH; Another team built to a budget & much like Brum I believe they are in for a hard time & no play off in 23

POOLE; Five places filled & no doubt another big season will be expected at Wimbourne Road. The Cook's & Thomas continue to grow then the Pirates will please the home faithful. We await the reserves but I feel no matter a play off spot is the norm here.

REDCAR; The Bears are a tough call, in Riss, Wright & King they have a strong spearhead but there is a long tail for that head to wag. It's going to be close but I dont think this is Redcar's year.

SCUNTHORPE; There will be a lot of last heat deciders at the EWR in the coming season but weather the Scorpions have the firepower to get the result in the big races remains to be seen.

I’ll have whatever you’re on for Berwick being a very strong looking side.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Mr Blobby said:

I’ll have whatever you’re on for Berwick being a very strong looking side.

Lol my thoughts exactly Edinburgh more chance of play offs than berwick 

10 minutes ago, Technik said:

I believe top 6 for playoffs, so still another two teams to add ;)

Getting my popcorn ready for when @lewy and Mike see about Plymouth being compared to Birmingham! :D

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I believe top 6 for playoffs, so still another two teams to add ;)

Getting my popcorn ready for when @lewy and Mike see about Plymouth being compared to Birmingham! :D

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. 

• Like 1

Very true lewy freedom of speech and all that.if we all had the same opinion the world would be a boring place.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lewy said:

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. 

8 hours ago, Mike0310 said:

Very true lewy freedom of speech and all that.if we all had the same opinion the world would be a boring place.

The only thing that is boring are these responses! :rolleyes::D

• Haha 2