British Speedway Forum
Pauldoveyspeedway

Predictions for Prem 2023 as teams stand ...

1 hour ago, Call me wolfie said:

So it’s gonna take him take him time, if it takes him half a season they’ll be dead and buried by then. And how long did it take Freddie to master Monmore? Much longer than that. He may take to it straight away but there are no guarantees it will happen.

I think the Foxhole is quite different to Monmore (or Kirky Lane or Arena Essex), they are/were all very tight tracks whereas Ipswich is smallish without having to turn really hard to get round the corners. Sayfutdinov won't take long to master it IMO.

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I think the Foxhole is quite different to Monmore (or Kirky Lane or Arena Essex), they are/were all very tight tracks whereas Ipswich is smallish without having to turn really hard to get round the corners. Sayfutdinov won't take long to master it IMO.

Agree, small track compared to others but “rides big” according to Louis since the alterations. Much more rounded shape than the old circuit and plenty of room to race with the wider bends. 

I think alot of people forget that there is now 18 foot more racing room on each bend after the changes. For a shortish track,, 285 metres there is oodles of racing room in the bends.   Emil got round all Cardiff,, Warsaw and other one off tracks just fine,, and they are all smaller than Foxhall. 

• Like 1

They still turn the bikes hard in to turns 3 and 4 at Foxhall. Not that different to Monmore imo

So who do people think will be the top ten in the averages?  I'll go for....
Jason Doyle 9.9
Dan Bewley 9.7
Max Fricke 9.1
Emil Sayfutdinov 8.9
Tobiasz Musielak 8.3
Jack Holder 8.2
Niels-Kristian Iversen 7.9
Sam Masters 7.9
Nicki Pedersen 7.8
Brady Kurtz 7.8

15 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

So it’s gonna take him take him time, if it takes him half a season they’ll be dead and buried by then. And how long did it take Freddie to master Monmore? Much longer than that. He may take to it straight away but there are no guarantees it will happen.

Emil is class...it wont take him long to figure it out ...Lindgren was young when he first came to M.G ...Emil is experienced and been there ...Did ok at Cardiff..wait and see...

7 minutes ago, Col said:

Jason Doyle 9.9
Dan Bewley 9.7
Max Fricke 9.1
Emil Sayfutdinov 8.9
Tobiasz Musielak 8.3
Jack Holder 8.2
Sam Masters 7.9
Nicki Pedersen 7.8
Brady Kurtz 7.8

I fancy Ben Basso to gatecrash this party 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Col said:

Jason Doyle 9.9
Dan Bewley 9.7
Max Fricke 9.1
Emil Sayfutdinov 8.9
Tobiasz Musielak 8.3
Jack Holder 8.2
Sam Masters 7.9
Nicki Pedersen 7.8
Brady Kurtz 7.8

Not going to try to predict averages.

D Bewley

J Holder

J Doyle

M Fricke

E Sayfutdinov

B Kurtz

S Masters

NKI

T Musielak

N Pedersen.

Kasprzak

The rest 

• Haha 5

25 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Kasprzak

The rest 

I'd be chuffed if he sneaked in at the bottom of Col's list on 7.8:)

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Kasprzak

The rest 

100%

The greatest rider to never be World Champion :drink:

• Haha 3

1. Sheffield
  2. Belle Vue
  3. Ipswich
  4. Leicester
  5. Wolves
  6. Peterborough
  7. King's Lynn

Not 100% on the order, I'd say the top 3 will certainly be in the play-offs and 4/5/6 all have a good chance of joining them. 

I think with KK he start on fire,,, then after the track is a bit wet and dodgy one night he will be useless,,, then he will go down hill quickly,, then get sacked. 

4 hours ago, Flappy said:

I fancy Ben Basso to gatecrash this party 

+1

Could be a tough league this year, hope it is.

predictions are way harder as you could put a valid argument in for any of the teams.

1. Ipswich. Look the strongest on paper. Rew is probably the key and it depends how quick he settles in. The strongest top 2 bar none.

2. Belle Vue. Solid look with young chargers only getting better. Lidsey is on a steal of an average. How that hasn’t been reassessed I’ll never know.

3. Sheffield - extremely solid. Bellego is a much better rider than when last here. Gilkes definetly one to watch. If he comes back well from his injury they are going to be very dangerous.

THE REST

4. Leicester. Solid top 4 but very iffy bottom end. Will need one of them to step up to be serious challengers.

5.  Wolves. Look exposed compared to some of the other teams.  Masters has proved he is a true number 1. Becker or Douglas (or both) really need to step up otherwise we could be hovering around the basement. 

6. Peterborough - Pedersen and Iversen are so injury prone so both need to stay fit. Basso should improve also. Definetly an improvement on 2022. Lots of injuries to other riders with dirty Nicki back here.

7. Kings Lynn - solid but not real leader. KK has to be the worst signing. How long will he last before he stops trying and gets kicked out. Never been a big threat in the UK league. Jakobsen at reserve is a huge bonus. 

• Like 2