British Speedway Forum
Skidder1

Steve Worrall Testimonial - POOLE V BELLE VUE, Weds 29th March 2023.

14 hours ago, Trackrat said:

Did you enjoy your food @Arthur54?

I live in Bournemouth 

• Like 1

New date 14th June!!! Be interesting to see who he can get as Robbo had trouble getting people to do June. Prob why it's normally done in March or October. 

Artem Laguta named to ride!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Artem Laguta named to ride!

In which team??

Steve said that Laguta would be Poole's No 1

HERE'S YOUR TEAMS!

This time next week..!
TICKETS ON SALE NOW bit.ly/poole-speedway-tickets 

We're just 7️⃣ days away from what is certain to be an epic night! Here's your Poole and Belle Vue line-ups, for one night only!

POOLE: Artem Laguta, Kyle Howarth, Steve Worrall, Danny King, Richard Lawson, Ben Cook, Zach Cook
BELLE VUE: Matej Zagar, Tom Brennan, Rory Schlein, Charles Wright, Chris Harris, Kyle Newman, Norick Blodorn

• Like 1

Steve Worrall lays out plans for testimonial at Poole Pirates

STEVE Worrall is determined to “put on a show” to the paying fans who come to watch his testimonial meeting this week.

Poole captain Worrall will hold the event at Wimborne Road on Wednesday night, with a team representing Pirates taking on a Belle Vue Aces select side.

It pits the Premiership champions of 2022 up against the Championship champions, with the meeting originally scheduled for late March, before wet weather intervened.

There are just three changes from the line-up of the original date, with 2021 world champion Artem Laguta now leading the Pirates charge, with the likes of Danny King, Rory Schlein, Chris Harris and Matej Zagar also involved.

Worrall to help Poole homeless charity at testimonial meeting

Looking ahead to the meeting, Worrall told the Daily Echo: “Second time lucky, hopefully! It’s probably a blessing in disguise, in a way Speedway is much better when the sun’s out and everyone can enjoy it a bit more.

“There was a lot of messing around to try and get the date and I’m thankful for Poole and for the BSPL for everyone cooperating and helping me to squeeze this date in, because there weren’t many options.

“I put myself in a rider’s position – we’re all busy enough as it is, you don’t want to be doing testimonials and stuff at this time of year.

“I’m thankful I’ve been able to get 90 per cent of the original line-up back, with the addition of a couple of new ones, which probably makes it a little bit more exciting than it was.”

Discussing the addition of Laguta, who has recently signed for Premiership outfit King’s Lynn Stars, Worrall said: “The way I’m looking at it is, although it’s my testimonial and we’re celebrating 10 years of service for me, I wanted to put a meeting on that people would talk about and that generates a lot of interest. It’s not so much about the money, it’s about putting on a show.

“I’ve been around speedway long enough. I’ve been to other people’s testimonials and you know the good ones from the bad ones.

“When I thought about mine and tried to plan it, I always wanted mine to be one that people talk about and people want to go to. It’s not just a formality that ‘oh, we’ll have to go and watch him because he rides for us’, I wanted it to be something big, so I always went for that basis.

“And getting Artem in, the likes of people from Plymouth, Oxford, Swindon, they’ve got to travel a fair way to go and watch him (in the Premiership). The idea behind it is people will travel here and come and watch and create a really good atmosphere.”

Worrall also laid out plans outside of the 15 heats of action.

He said: “Before it goes ahead, in the lull before it kicks off, I’ve got a live band who are going to come and play some music and entertain the fans, so that will be pretty cool.

“I’ll try and do a bit of an exciting parade, rather than just the guys walk out and wave.

“Then you’ll have your 15 heats. I’ve been really fair with my teams, I think if you work out the averages, they’re pretty much bang on the same. But when push comes to shove, we want Poole to win.

“And then afterwards we’ll try and have a bit of a fun race. I’ve got a super final basically, which will be quite entertaining to watch.”

conta

Modal headline

Close
Automatically injected HTML goes here
SubmitCancel

Before you leave, look at these selected top stories

Edited by Skidder1

and my Mrs will be selling raffle tickets :D

• Like 1

On 6/11/2023 at 11:52 AM, lisa-colette said:

Take a bow Steve Worrall, fantastic gesture. 

• Like 2

Posted by Steve on Facebook

RACE DAY! 

OMG! The day is finally here! Super excited to finally stage my Testimonial meeting - Poole v Belle Vue - tonight at Wimborne Road!

TICKETS: https://shorturl.at/jBC49
LIVE STREAM: https://livestream.poole-speedway.com/

We've got plenty going on around the stadium in the build-up to tapes up, including face painting for the kiddies and a live band!

We also have the customary raffle ticket sales with loads of great prizes on offer and a post-meeting auction with items from the day available to bid on

We also have the Routes to Roots Poole Donation Drop in the main stadium for anyone who is able to donate any of the items they need.

▪️ GATES OPEN: 6:30PM
▪️ LIVE STREAM BEGINS: 7:15PM
▪️ RIDER PARADE: 7:25PM
▪️ RIDER PRESENTATIONS: 7:35PM
▪️ PRACTICE LAPS: 7:45PM
▪️ TAPES UP HEAT 1: 7:55PM

See you soon guys! Ste

Roy Clarke not a bad track presenter is he! Have only seen him do the Redcar SM bits when interviewing their riders. I heard the joke about putting subtitles up! lol. 

Laguta!!! Soooo good! We can keep him for Friday's team at Redcar right? Plleeaaassseeee! :D

Best I have seen Tom Brennan ride Poole, so that looks good for Glasgow @Jaizer 

Enjoyed it a lot. You never know how testimonial meetings are going to go, but this one was really good I thought! :t:

• Like 2

17 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Roy Clarke not a bad track presenter is he! Have only seen him do the Redcar SM bits when interviewing their riders. I heard the joke about putting subtitles up! lol. 

Laguta!!! Soooo good! We can keep him for Friday's team at Redcar right? Plleeaaassseeee! :D

Best I have seen Tom Brennan ride Poole, so that looks good for Glasgow @Jaizer 

Enjoyed it a lot. You never know how testimonial meetings are going to go, but this one was really good I thought! :t:

He was great wasn’t he Lisa, really loved his enthusiasm on the mic, and it added to a great atmosphere….. The champ is hereeeeeee, Artem Laguuuuuuuta.  Sooooooper Stevieeeeee Worrall 

In fact there was a lot to be learnt from this meeting, the live band before the racing, all the riders coming out on Harley Davidsons, it really adds to the atmosphere and evening out. 

Add to that great testimonial merch at very reasonable prices and very even teams making it nip and tuck all the way through before a last heat decider.

My favourite meeting of the season by far, more like this please!

• Like 1