British Speedway Forum
Skidder1

Steve Worrall Testimonial - POOLE V BELLE VUE, Weds 29th March 2023.

7 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

A shame but the right call. There are free days in the summer.

Could also run on Sundays if he can secure riders

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

A shame but the right call. There are free days in the summer.

I thought they can only run benefit meetings in March or October? Oh... I was forgetting it's Poole :D

5 minutes ago, iainb said:

I thought they can only run benefit meetings in March or October? Oh... I was forgetting it's Poole :D

Paul Starke's next Tuesday!

1 hour ago, weatherman said:

Could also run on Sundays if he can secure riders

Unlikely with Poland

19 minutes ago, iainb said:

Ah yes, I did hear Stuart Robson has to ask for permission to run his outside of March or October.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, iainb said:

I assumed the rule is before or after the clubs "official season" I assume that means Workington could run a testimonial in May?

Mind you Middlo had his testimonial in August last year, was that after Poole had finished their league matches?

Anyway this year, there are so many gaps in the fixture list (especially May) there's no reason for testimonials to wait till September / October!

Edited by szkocjasid

1 minute ago, szkocjasid said:

I assumed the rule is before or after the clubs "official season" I assume that means Workington could run a testimonial in May?

Mind you Middlo had his testimonial in August last year, was that after Poole had finished their league matches?

Anyway this year, there are so many gaps in the fixture list (especially May) there's no reason for testimonials to wait till September / October!

I don't really know what the rules are tbh, just going by what I've read on here and it was an opportunity to have a little dig at Poole :D

57 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Ah yes, I did hear Stuart Robson has to ask for permission to run his outside of March or October.

Meeting now on  4th June this year.

Edited by topaz325
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, topaz325 said:

Likely to get a bigger crowd on that date. 

2 hours ago, iainb said:

Not heard that before.

I just guessed they ran early or later to guarantee the riders they wanted were available.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, topaz325 said:

My birthday!!! Lol

Hopefully they stream it like was originally planned. Would be good to watch some racing on my birthday :t:

Edited by lisa-colette

What a top man Steve Worrall is, has donated the buffet from tonights meeting to a homeless charity in Poole 

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

What a top man Steve Worrall is, has donated the buffet from tonights meeting to a homeless charity in Poole 

Agreed, well done Steve

As of last Friday, Steve has been offered 3 date options by the Poole management for the rearranged Testimonial.

He is currently checking rider availability (if possible to retain the original line-ups, unless previously unavailable riders are now possible?), before confirming the new date.

• Like 2

On 3/29/2023 at 5:46 PM, Arthur54 said:

Did you enjoy your food @Arthur54?