British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bojangles

NDL predictions 2023

So, most teams are starting to take shape. Who do we think is going to win, who will make the final and who will also challenge?

I'll start. Oxford to win (not biased, honest), Workington runners-up, with Leicester and Mildenhall third and fourth. Berwick to finish bottom.

1 hour ago, Bojangles said:

So, most teams are starting to take shape. Who do we think is going to win, who will make the final and who will also challenge?

I'll start. Oxford to win (not biased, honest), Workington runners-up, with Leicester and Mildenhall third and fourth. Berwick to finish bottom.

Think Edinburgh / The Acadamy or whatever or going to be the strugglers unless they manage to sign Clegg and two Australian newcomers

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Think Edinburgh / The Acadamy or whatever or going to be the strugglers unless they manage to sign Clegg and two Australian newcomers

Think the academy will surprise a few.

Not that bothered to be honest, just looking forward to watching good competitive racing and the riders enjoying and improving their racing.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

pretty sure i read somewhere that the rules say only one commonwealth rider per team so how can they have 2  only way i can see they can do this if one has British heritage 

6 hours ago, Bojangles said:

Mildenhall and leicester in the final maybe ???? and either team could nail it maybe,,,,, northside and kent possibly oxford 4th if they dont suffer to many injuries and a good few teams look like title winners on paper but lots of young riders with big excpectations placed on them so who knows which on paper champions will make the top two so as nostradamus would say lets watch it all unfold at meetings and enjoy a competitive season  lol  

Team that avoids long term injuries has a good chance of winning.  Once all teams are in place there isn't going to be alot left as replacements.

• Like 1

Hard to look past Mildenhall and Oxford at present. I suspect Leicester will go a close 3rd. The rest will be scrapping out for the minor places although Worky could be the spoilers. 

Edinburgh look odds-on favourites. 

Not a weakness in the team so far. 

• Haha 2

On 1/20/2023 at 2:05 PM, Bojangles said:

If Berwick sign Coles there no way they will finish bottom 

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Spittaler said:

If Berwick sign Coles there no way they will finish bottom 

Berwick will be building a team this year to win the league

1 hour ago, Binman said:

Berwick will be building a team this year to win the league

No chance, be ok at home nothing away from home and with top 2 playoff final you will need away wins

Edited by mc131
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mc131 said:

No chance, be ok at home nothing away from home and with top 2 playoff final you will need away wins

Not this year aggregate counts 

22 minutes ago, Binman said:

Not this year aggregate counts 

Either way won't be in the top 2 

Edited by mc131

Personally think Workington look the strongest team by far. Leicester 2nd best marginally ahead of Oxford. Then Kent, Mildenhall, Berwick, Belle Vue & Edinburgh.

This is based on signed riders as Belle Vue have 2 & Edinburgh 0, can't predict them any higher!