British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bojangles

NDL predictions 2023

On 1/22/2023 at 3:55 PM, mc131 said:

No chance, be ok at home nothing away from home and with top 2 playoff final you will need away wins

On 1/22/2023 at 5:19 PM, Binman said:

Not this year aggregate counts 

Aggregate wins won't be enough to finish in the top 2 though. Gonna take some away wins surely?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Aggregate wins won't be enough to finish in the top 2 though. Gonna take some away wins surely?

8 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Definitely 

On 1/20/2023 at 9:32 PM, mac101 said:

pretty sure i read somewhere that the rules say only one commonwealth rider per team so how can they have 2  only way i can see they can do this if one has British heritage 

The rules are written in pencil…..very lightly !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

As it stands but with some teams still to complete it looks like Oxford are looking most likely to come out on top. They have 4 riders who are established front runners wheras such as Leicester who will certainly be up there again only have 2 but have perhaps riders who will improve. Will be interesting to see how things develop.

Still waiting for two teams, but this is how I rank the completed sides:

1) Workington

2) Oxford

3) Leicester

4) Mildenhall

5) Kent

6) Berwick

• Like 1

On 2/2/2023 at 9:30 AM, Barrow Boy 2 said:

As it stands but with some teams still to complete it looks like Oxford are looking most likely to come out on top. They have 4 riders who are established front runners wheras such as Leicester who will certainly be up there again only have 2 but have perhaps riders who will improve. Will be interesting to see how things develop.

1-Oxford

2-Leicester

3-Belle Vue

4-Kent

5-Workington

6-Berwick

7-Mildemhall

8-Edinburgh

17 minutes ago, Barrow Boy 2 said:

1-Oxford

2-Leicester

3-Belle Vue

4-Kent

5-Workington

6-Berwick

7-Mildemhall

8-Edinburgh

Edinburgh team definitely won't be last there quite strong, belle vue and Kent above Workington no chance 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Barrow Boy 2 said:

1-Oxford

2-Leicester

3-Belle Vue

4-Kent

5-Workington

6-Berwick

7-Mildemhall

8-Edinburgh

Edinburgh certainly won’t be bottom.Hook Bickley and Roynon look a decent top 3 .

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Edinburgh certainly won’t be bottom.Hook Bickley and Roynon look a decent top 3 .

Do you know what it is....

I can't disagree with you because I think all of the teams in the NDL are pretty evenly matched... I keep looking at the sides as they are and I can't pick an out and out favourite... yes a couple look slightly stronger than others but ultimately it will be down to away bonus points and any unfortunate injuries...

IMHO I think any team is in with an outside chance if they click as a team... to me there does not seem to be any one team super strong but likewise there isn't a whipping boy in the league either....

Think it will be a very interesting season... can't wait to see what happens...

Regards 

THJ

• Like 1

Leicester to win. Good strong heat leaders and they have the trump card in Ashton Boughen watch him go this year,

this 15 year is very special talent it’s unreal that he didn’t even know what speedway was last June ! 

9 hours ago, lynnboy said:

Leicester to win. Good strong heat leaders and they have the trump card in Ashton Boughen watch him go this year,

this 15 year is very special talent it’s unreal that he didn’t even know what speedway was last June ! 

Boughen, Perry and James to up their starting averages by 10 points between them, leaving Spencer and Foord as reserves on 5+ averages.

• Like 2

1.  WORKINGTON - A powerful 4 heat leaders and will always have very strong reserves.   Easily the strongest on paper.  Looks a similar build to the Belle Vue team which was expected to win last year's ttle, but they were let down by the form of the McGurk brothers.

2.  EDINBURGH  - Bickley, Hook and Roynon are the strongest heat leader trio in the division.  Spooner & Simpson have the potential to show support.  Nothing really known of Wood.  The only problem could be if the travelling between Poole (CL) and Edinburgh (NL) gets to Roynon.

3.  LEICESTER - The Thompson twins won't drop many points.  Spencer needs to show up regularly as third heat-leader, though Perry, Boughen and James will give strong support especially at home.

4.  BELLE VUE - Don't know much abour Pearson, but he needs to challenge Smith for No.1.  Hagon and Marson battling for the 3rd heat leader spot.  Bottom end is solid, at least at home.

5.  OXFORD - Good top four, and Kileen won't be at reserve long.  But Stoneman and Kileen can be accident prone, they need to stay fit.  Clouting & Fellows aren't the strongest reserves.   

6.  MILDENHALL - Powerful top two.  Don't know much about Congreve, but he and/or Trigger need to offer support.  Bottom end looks weak away.

7.  BERWICK - Connor Coles is on a big average which I don't see him maintaining at No.1.  Blair & Phillips are good heat leaders on their day.  They'll need to find some improvement from the bottom 4 if they are to challenge the big teams.

8.  KENT - Morley is a big No.1, and Ablitt, Woolley, Alcock and King will score well at home, but I see this team travelling very poorly.

• Like 2

Gonna be tough to predict (how it should be) quite a few strong looking teams & no-one who looks especially weak!