British Speedway Forum
RoundTheBoards

Cab Direct Championship

4 minutes ago, PhilTheAce said:

Nice to see Glasgow sponsoring the league. Wonder what benefits they will get from it 

Does seem a weird conflict of interests.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PhilTheAce said:

Nice to see Glasgow sponsoring the league. Wonder what benefits they will get from it 

What has this got to do with Glasgow.!

1 minute ago, Fromafar said:

What has this got to do with Glasgow.!

Come on.   You don't see that the Facennas owning Glasgow and also sponsoring the league is a dodgy conflict of interests?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, RoundTheBoards said:

Come on.   You don't see that the Facennas owning Glasgow and also sponsoring the league is a dodgy conflict of interests?

Sorry ,Didn’t realise They were Part of the Allied Group.

Edited by Fromafar

42 minutes ago, RoundTheBoards said:

Define the conflict of interest, please, as I don’t see any. I see a group willing to invest in British speedway at not just team, and league but also at national team level and goodness me, we need more like them. 

• Like 9

Of course British Speedway is a wash with possible league sponsors so they should turn the Allied money away and get another sponsor :D

• Like 8

1 hour ago, RoundTheBoards said:

Thank goodness the chairman of the BSPL has no conflicting interests either.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, PhilTheAce said:

I wouldn't see Glasgow the speedway team getting any benefit, apart from what I would see as potential prize money if they were to be successful in the league.

15 minutes ago, Cast1rn said:

I wouldn't see Glasgow the speedway team getting any benefit, apart from what I would see as potential prize money if they were to be successful in the league.

So the company doesn’t lose any money then as it goes right back into the hands of the same people. Doesn’t sound fishy at all. 

• Confused 2

Ffs the facennas throw more money at British speedway and the first responses are the usual negative bs. Must wonder why they bother. This is a conflict of interest but Godfrey and ford on the manage committee that's no issue. Couldn't make it up 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, PhilTheAce said:

Probably only way they can get hands on a trophy when they had it over to the winners :D