British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, therefused said:

If he’s better than some on there why hasn’t he been chosen?

No doubting his ability at all.

The problem seems to be that a number of Clubs have witness a tendency to go "full strop mode" the minute things don't go his way and a general lack of self confidence meaning he can't cope with adversity.

Some young riders mature more quickly than others and in many Sports and in life, it's when you hit tough times that you define yourself.

He's been at some very good Clubs with excellent mentors available to him, not in the least in 2022 at Wolves and Poole,s o you have to ask what the answer is if Adams and Middleditch can't find the mental and emotional key.

May be a year to reflect on not having a GB place and learning new skills in Poland will be the making of him.  

Contrast with Brennan, very much is peer and equal at age levels, who has fought injury adversity on the Track and huge personal loss off it and come through it apparently tougher and harder and away from his comfort zone.

52 minutes ago, HGould said:

No doubting his ability at all.

The problem seems to be that a number of Clubs have witness a tendency to go "full strop mode" the minute things don't go his way and a general lack of self confidence meaning he can't cope with adversity.

Some young riders mature more quickly than others and in many Sports and in life, it's when you hit tough times that you define yourself.

He's been at some very good Clubs with excellent mentors available to him, not in the least in 2022 at Wolves and Poole,s o you have to ask what the answer is if Adams and Middleditch can't find the mental and emotional key.

May be a year to reflect on not having a GB place and learning new skills in Poland will be the making of him.  

Contrast with Brennan, very much is peer and equal at age levels, who has fought injury adversity on the Track and huge personal loss off it and come through it apparently tougher and harder and away from his comfort zone.

At M.G last year he was put in the difficult  No 6 position  when really  he should have been the RS....It would  have took the pressure  off him ...cant understand  why nobody went  in for him this year as a R.S ...He's  better  than some ...

1 hour ago, Teromaafan said:

……Despite a poor taste in hats.

He's dropping all the gimmicks this year.

Hope the lad finds a team spot soon.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

At M.G last year he was put in the difficult  No 6 position  when really  he should have been the RS....It would  have took the pressure  off him ...cant understand  why nobody went  in for him this year as a R.S ...He's  better  than some ...

I repeat, if he’s better than some, why hasn’t he been picked (answer is, he isn’t better than some)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, therefused said:

I repeat, if he’s better than some, why hasn’t he been picked (answer is, he isn’t better than some)

I personally think he’s better than Jack Thomas and Jason Edwards, and probably better than Leon Flint.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Tommy Sweetman said:

Biggest problem total lack of aggression,you have to admire anyone who sits astride a speedway bike,but unfortunately for Drew whether it's a lack of confidence or a unwillingness to dice with the opposition who knows.    Adams gave him opportunities of an extra ride when the result was safe and the pressure was off,but for what ever the reason he always failed to deliver the goods.Good luck to the guy in future,but if he wants to progress in the sport his outlook will have to change.

True .....

5 minutes ago, mrss said:

I personally think he’s better than Jack Thomas and Jason Edwards, and probably better than Leon Flint.

He's defiantly  better than J.Thomas and J.Edwards ...not so sure about L..Flint tho ...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Haza said:

In my opinion he thinks he’s far better than he actually is - hopefully the talent he had will win through in the end 

According  to his right up in the S.Star ..Ipswich  promised him a R S place then went for JThomas......And hes there assett...makes u think ....

1 hour ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

According  to his right up in the S.Star ..Ipswich  promised him a R S place then went for JThomas......And hes there assett...makes u think ....

That wasn’t said at all. No club was mentioned, you’re just speculating that it was Ipswich. 

i don't think it was Ipswich

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Numbers are irrelevant, he’s a rising star. Rising stars don’t contribute to the team building totals. 

It is if you don’t get a rising star spot.Dan Thompson is an example. Also the Championship does not have Rising Star spot.

Edited by Fromafar

44 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

It is if you don’t get a rising star spot.Dan Thompson is an example. Also the Championship does not have Rising Star spot.

But he was talking about the Premiership rising star list so as far as that goes, the numbers are irrelevant. He looks like one of the plum picks for me so the fact nobody has gone with him is staggering. I mean he’s our asset, and yet we’ve gone for Jack Thomas instead. Something definitely amiss there. 

Edited by Arch Stanton

27 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

But he was talking about the Premiership rising star list so as far as that goes, the numbers are irrelevant. He looks like one of the plum picks for me so the fact nobody has gone with him is staggering. I mean he’s our asset, and yet we’ve gone for Jack Thomas instead. Something definitely amiss there. 

I was talking in General with the lowering of Averages in Championship Kemp and Thompson can’t find a spot.