British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ElmParkRG2

Discovery Plus or BT Sport?

4 hours ago, iainb said:

Does this mean it will be disappearing behind a pay wall again? I thought one of the main factors why the BSPL "chose" Eurosport was to make it "free to air" throughout Europe?

It was only on " British Eurosport" - foreign viewers could subscribe to Fanseat.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, racers and royals said:

It was only on " British Eurosport" - foreign viewers could subscribe to Fanseat.

I wonder if they'll move it behind a pay wall mid season then? How much to stream on Fanseat do you know?

54 minutes ago, iainb said:

I wonder if they'll move it behind a pay wall mid season then? How much to stream on Fanseat do you know?

That would be difficult unless you had a foreign VPN - i can subscribe to their Swedish/Danish/ French league coverage but not the Premiership.

It all seems too complicated.  I preferred it when we only had 4 channels after C4 started in 1982.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, racers and royals said:

That would be difficult unless you had a foreign VPN - i can subscribe to their Swedish/Danish/ French league coverage but not the Premiership.

I assume that comes with native language commentary?

3 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Yep

... and Ermolenkish

2 minutes ago, iainb said:

... and Ermolenkish

I’m not sure i understood the question. Those abroad watching  the Premiership on Fanseat get the English commentary, likewise i get the foreign commentary when i watch the Swedish and Danish leagues.

• Thanks 1

Just now, racers and royals said:

I’m not sure i understood the question. Those abroad watching  the Premiership on Fanseat get the English commentary, likewise i get the foreign commentary when i watch the Swedish and Danish leagues.

No, that answers my question perfectly... I'm not sure I could sit and watch Danish & Swedish speedway with foreign language commentary, although I do watch English Speedway with whatever language Sam Ermolenko speaks :D

I suppose I'll just have to wait and see what happens to the British coverage later in the season, I do have VPN though. Is fan seat a subscription service or PPV?

Sorry but I may have missed the exact options for viewing this year in the Uk or is it still not clear?

Thank you.

3 hours ago, topaz325 said:

Sorry but I may have missed the exact options for viewing this year in the Uk or is it still not clear?

Thank you.

As it stands at the moment. Eurosport official provider for British premiership something like 18 meetings and British final, discovery/ Eurosport for GP coverage, then if you subscribe to BSN you can access more premiership meetings, also BSN cover the championship, 36 meetings for around £130 just less than £4 a meeting, a big saving compared to travel from Cumbria to watch some championship meetings 

37 minutes ago, Neila said:

As it stands at the moment. Eurosport official provider for British premiership something like 18 meetings and British final, discovery/ Eurosport for GP coverage, then if you subscribe to BSN you can access more premiership meetings, also BSN cover the championship, 36 meetings for around £130 just less than £4 a meeting, a big saving compared to travel from Cumbria to watch some championship meetings 

Thanks Neil

Interestingly both last night and tonight during their European football coverage BT Sport have advertised that British Speedway is coming soon.

As has been explained previously from July time both BT Sport and British Eurosport will merge into TNT Sport.

However with BT including Speedway in their upcoming showreel ( Which doesn’t feature some of Eurosport’s other  content like Snooker, Tennis ,Athletics etc) I do wonder whether British Speedway will actually be on BT sport when the season starts as the rights have already been moved over already it’s just the rebranding is not happening until July

• Like 1

14 hours ago, flagrag said:

Interestingly both last night and tonight during their European football coverage BT Sport have advertised that British Speedway is coming soon.

As has been explained previously from July time both BT Sport and British Eurosport will merge into TNT Sport.

However with BT including Speedway in their upcoming showreel ( Which doesn’t feature some of Eurosport’s other  content like Snooker, Tennis ,Athletics etc) I do wonder whether British Speedway will actually be on BT sport when the season starts as the rights have already been moved over already it’s just the rebranding is not happening until July

I don't understand what will happen to all those that have a Discovery Plus app subscription, but don't have BT Sport.  Very unfair to move it to BT Sport and ask them to take out an additional subscription for that.

28 minutes ago, Noodles said:

I don't understand what will happen to all those that have a Discovery Plus app subscription, but don't have BT Sport.  Very unfair to move it to BT Sport and ask them to take out an additional subscription for that.

I would imagine that anyone with Discovery plus will be able to watch all the Speedway output irrespective of what Tv channel it`s on.