British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

SGP and SGP 2 qualifying round nominations

Have to say looking at those GP qualifiers, who would make the series any stronger than the current lineup? Can’t see anyone personally 

1 hour ago, therefused said:

Have to say looking at those GP qualifiers, who would make the series any stronger than the current lineup? Can’t see anyone personally 

Holder and Kolodziej maybe? 

And obviously Sayfutdinov and Laguta would strengthen it considerably, so let's hope that they are back next year, being given permanent wild cards if needed..

• Like 2

5 hours ago, therefused said:

Not the point though, people will get bored of the same old faces. Several of the current line up will never be serious contenders for world champ so let some others have a go. The series, for me, is stale at the moment. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, therefused said:

When you consider both Lambert and Fricke have already been eliminated, there clearly are riders who will make the series better

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MARK246 said:

When you consider both Lambert and Fricke have already been eliminated, there clearly are riders who will make the series better

Not sure i agree. In GP 2024 we have top 6 from 2023, 3 from the challenge1 from the SEC and 5 picks. Which could mean we lose 4 from this season- Kim Nilsson but then who ??. Newcomers Piotr Pawlicki is back on form but not sure too many more better than what we have. Obviously the Russians would enhance the serirss but if they are back we would possibly lose 6 from this season !!

26 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Not sure i agree. In GP 2024 we have top 6 from 2023, 3 from the challenge1 from the SEC and 5 picks. Which could mean we lose 4 from this season- Kim Nilsson but then who ??. Newcomers Piotr Pawlicki is back on form but not sure too many more better than what we have. Obviously the Russians would enhance the serirss but if they are back we would possibly lose 6 from this season !!

So, unless the two Russians are included, we will have 11 of the current 15 reinstated into the 2024 GP series, two of which could be riders not good enough to qualify.

What message does that send to riders who qualify for the GP challenge final but finish outside the top 3.

Is it any wonder why the GP has become so dull, same old same old, yawn

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, MARK246 said:

So, unless the two Russians are included, we will have 11 of the current 15 reinstated into the 2024 GP series, two of which could be riders not good enough to qualify.

What message does that send to riders who qualify for the GP challenge final but finish outside the top 3.

Is it any wonder why the GP has become so dull, same old same old, yawn

Is it really dull, and a yawn ? Not for me it isn`t - top riders giving 110% - not sure what you really want ? half the field replaced by Huckenbeck, Lebedevs, Milik, Wozniak etc etc.

• Like 1

I think variety does promote interest due to unpredictability. I'm bored with same old never will be's they've had their chances. 

• Like 2

Sad that Kolodziej missed out. Thorsell seems to be back after struggling last year

Edited by Lorenzo558

I still think none of the 15 GP riders should be allowed to enter the qualifiers.

Leave the SEC winner as only other direct qualifier

End of GP season those who finished outside the top 6 race against 10 who have qualified through the rounds.

Top 3 into GP then pick your 5 wildcards.