British Speedway Forum

8 minutes ago, Neila said:

Any one else having problems buying BSN stream had an on screen message for last 10 min " processing your ppaymentis being processed it may take a while "  about to give up hope they don't take a payment!!

I know some people are having a problem with the app. 

4 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I know some people are having a problem with the app. 

Thanks for info. Tried app and tablet via Google still not taking a payment, it's too late now,.  bsn and belle Vue won't be getting my £15 now.  Sent message to. bsn for record just in case a payment has been taken without getting the stream

10 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

This has Doyle's name on it! 

Well would you look at that! Nice to have one prediction correct, cos I was way out with the Wolves/KL one. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Another cracking meeting at the NSS...

Got to get a GP soon surely..

The top lads tonight showed when racing together just how many lines you can use (safely), at full pelt...

Brady Kurtz for a GP wild card around there (or Charles Wright), and you would have top quality entertainment guaranteed..

Crowd looked very decent too.. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Neila said:

Any one else having problems buying BSN stream had an on screen message for last 10 min " processing your ppaymentis being processed it may take a while "  about to give up hope they don't take a payment!!

I had no problem, mind you, it was 2weeks 2 days ago, that is the Saturday before the original meeting being rained off.

3 hours ago, Neila said:

Thanks for info. Tried app and tablet via Google still not taking a payment, it's too late now,.  bsn and belle Vue won't be getting my £15 now.  Sent message to. bsn for record just in case a payment has been taken without getting the stream

You could still pay and watch, it should be available for a few weeks yet I reckon.

A very good meeting, plenty of exciting racing even if it wasn’t for a race win.  The meeting was very slick too. I like the 5 rider semi, and the 6 rider final Only thing there I would change is make the 5 rider semi 5 laps, and the 6 rider final 6 laps.  I like the presentation of the final….. finalist coming out as passengers on big bikes, and then being able to chose their own gate.

Overall presentation was better than GP presentations, IMO.

Well done Belle Vue, and thanks to ALL the riders for making a great meeting. 22 races with very good competitive racing., in 2.5 hours. If every speedway meeting was held as good as that, presentation and racing, then maybe speedway in the uk could start attracting sponsors and crowds.

And thank you to BSN for streaming the meeting. Quality I found to be very good, and the presenters/interviewers were all professional. Well done BSN

Edited by OveFundinFan
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

An excellent meeting with many great races.

Doyle was a worthy winner, as several others could easily have taken it, but his experience of GP finals may have helped when it counted.

The 5 rider semi / 6 rider final worked well and the BV staff deserve great credit for the slick presentation. Not sure about the reason to give the two track reserves two 'match races' but that's being picky.

• Like 2

I enjoyed the meeting the highways agency soiled the night.

M56 shut, can't get on M6 South off A56 so have to go up a junction to come back. If more than half the M6 South was more than 1 lane I'd be surprised.  Gave up at Stoke and went on A roads.

Be warned Aces fans in Manchester, M6 North looked worse! You're at Monmore next week.

Congratulations to Doyle, despite hoping for a British winner.

Harris is strange, resists Lambert then changes bikes to one which fails to get off the line. WTF?

5 hours ago, Col said:

M56 shut, can't get on M6 South off A56 so have to go up a junction to come back. If more than half the M6 South was more than 1 lane I'd be surprised.  Gave up at Stoke and went on A roads.

Be warned Aces fans in Manchester, M6 North looked worse! You're at Monmore next week.

Harris is strange, resists Lambert then changes bikes to one which fails to get off the line. WTF?

Was the same going north  602 closed had to go through salford lol,was harris under power when that race was stopped? He then came out rode wrong direction to start line round the start lads on the grass isnt that an exclusion??

1 hour ago, geoff100 said:

Was the same going north  602 closed had to go through salford lol,was harris under power when that race was stopped? He then came out rode wrong direction to start line round the start lads on the grass isnt that an exclusion??

I don't think he was under power as the tapes went up in the first running and he definitely exceeded the 1 minute!

7 hours ago, Col said:

M6 has been an ongoing nightmare for years, had many problems with closures etc when driving down to Cornwall over the past few years, think i will use the A34 Monday as there is plenty of time to get to Monmore.

5 minutes ago, bellevueace said:

M6 has been an ongoing nightmare for years, had many problems with closures etc when driving down to Cornwall over the past few years, think i will use the A34 Monday as there is plenty of time to get to Monmore.

They don't usually start the closures until 10:30, so if I attend a league match at the NSS which finishes by 9:20 I can usually beat them.  But for that reason I won't be attending any televised meetings this season.

• Like 2

A highly entertaining night of Speedway entertainment, meeting run really slick, I didn't care much for the faffing around before the final, OK if you're in the main stand not much doing on the back straight in the cheap seats though. 5 and 6 rider races around the NSS is truly a sight to behold!

If I had to have a minor gripe (and of course I do :D) I found it difficult to identify the Aces in the final with 4 of them racing around in pretty much identical race suits, but that is minor. Overall a brilliant nights racing in a meeting that is fast becoming probably the 2nd most prestigious individual meeting to win in the UK and the winner seemed pretty happy to win also, which tells you something.

Hopefully Harris was using this meeting as a test session if not with the form of Sedgeman and Fricke it looks like it may be a long season for Leicester!

Glad I made the decision to travel home across the pennines and not down the M6! Why the British road system shuts down at 10pm these days is a right pain in the arse for the travelling sports fan.

Edited by iainb
  • Like 2

Well, crowds are depleted at British speedway, we all acknowledge that. Many have said speedway needs to be a show to attract younger ones to come and see a show, not just to see 22 minutes of racing (15 if it’s a league match). BV did something last night to give more value for money. Introduced riders to the crowds via passengers on Harley Davidsons and at the start line up. Chase the Ace always works had. The whole meeting was very slickly run (no delays), a 5 rider semi, and a 6 rider final. I think that was pretty good show from BV, yet there is criticism. Anyone with some positive critisism ? Something that promotors can do to make a live meeting more attractive on a regular basis, but not costing a fortune.

• Like 1