British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Phil The Ace

Sheffield -V- Belle Vue 23rd March

I know it's unavoidable due to the unreliable British weather, but people on this forum seem to spend as much time talking about weather forecasts as they do Speedway. 

Would it not be a good idea for British Speedway to only start running in April? Yes, I know April weather wise can still be unpredictable but I'm sure there would be a better chance of getting matches on than mid to late March.

Just heard that the Ipswich versus Peterborough fixture has been called off so that's already three this season with no wheel turned as yet.

If the match goes ahead at Sheffield tonight, I'm going for a Sheffield win but I think the score will be closer than Phil's forecast.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CountArthur said:

I think it must be a bit localised. I'm at Hunters Bar and we had about 10 minutes of rain, not particularly heavy. It's dry again now. A few scattered showers forecast for this afternoon but the good thing is that the wind is pretty strong and it should move them through quickly. Fingers crossed for tonight.

Crookes me on top of the hill overlooking Owlerton - raining again now - it’s variable and mixed weather for sure 

edit 4pm almost and sun and clouds we might be ok 

Edited by GeneralMelchett

23 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

You could be right as I have just checked the new regulations & in 010.2.3 d it says that any rising star from the previous season who does not meet the rising star criteria will receive a 25% discount for the following season.

It does not mention Team Building only so the last bit is probably the area which counts which is not ambiguous/interpretable.

Does look like the RS reduction (25%) isn't 'team building only' but at the same time it's not that much of an advantage as his new average will kick in after 3 home /away fixtures & his existing Rolling Average still counts. 

Brennan will need to be really bad to remain at reserve. 

4 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

Hello. This is my first time coming to Sheffield in the car, can someone please let me know if the big car park to the south west of the stadium is for the speedway and if it costs anything? And if it does can I pay by card or cash only? Thanks

There is a decent car park at the stadium but getting off it post meeting is a pain.  Cash only last time I parked there a few years ago.

Park by the numerous car dealerships that line the main road heading towards the city.  No idea what direction that is in though.

2 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Does look like the RS reduction (25%) isn't 'team building only' but at the same time it's not that much of an advantage as his new average will kick in after 3 home /away fixtures & his existing Rolling Average still counts. 

Brennan will need to be really bad to remain at reserve. 

Tonight's match will count for the April averages (up to & Inc Mar 23rd) so unless Blodorn has an awful match, Lidsey is almost certain to drop to reserve for April!

7 hours ago, RideHard said:

Howarth was poor end of last season feel like number 4 is abit more pressure.. and Bellego and Ellis been close mates would have preferred them together. 
hopefully I’m proved wrong tonight and Kyle puts a good score in 

I would have put Howarth @2 & Bellego @4 personally

BV got pretty close considering Bewley 7 from 5, Lidsey 4 from 4, and Tom 3 from 3. Judging by the race times, conditions wasn't ideal though.

Edited by Bald Bloke

2 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Tonight's match will count for the April averages (up to & Inc Mar 23rd) so unless Blodorn has an awful match, Lidsey is almost certain to drop to reserve for April!

Am I missing something, how can that happen when Brennan on 4.40

Happy with that result, Bewley and Brennan can do lot better. 
Confident of aggregate bonus on Monday.

11 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

BV got pretty close considering Bewley 7 from 5, Lidsey 4 from 4, and Tom 3 from 3. Judging by the race times, conditions wasn't ideal though.

If only they'd had Robert ..... oops!

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Byker Biker said:

If only they'd had Robert ..... oops!

Well .... :)

16 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Happy with that result, Bewley and Brennan can do lot better. 
Confident of aggregate bonus on Monday.

I agree :t:

Tobi’s ride in heat 11 was masterful to keep Bewley behind. Considering the rain and it being the first meeting of the season, very entertaining meeting

If you'd have offered the Aces 48-42 earlier suspect they'd have snapped your hands off.