British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Oxford v Poole 5/4/23 BSN Series

9 minutes ago, Hilly said:

I believe it's part of the lease agreement that that part of the old car park cannot be used.

Yep. The conspiracy theorists might point out that if Galliard can prove the car park is not needed, they can at least get some money back by building houses on that! :rolleyes:

16 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

So with both meetings rained off tonight, next Wednesday brings about the first meeting of the season for both sides. Oxford clearly have a huge advantage having had a practice on their track, but it wouldn’t surprise me if the meeting came down to the final couple of heats. Clearly Oxford have a big advantage in heat 15, but if Pirates can go into the ladt heat 2 points up, it’s all to play for.

A meeting not to be missed. Going to be an absolute classic. Don’t miss out.

Getting the excuses in early 

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

So with both meetings rained off tonight, next Wednesday brings about the first meeting of the season for both sides. Oxford clearly have a huge advantage having had a practice on their track, but it wouldn’t surprise me if the meeting came down to the final couple of heats. Clearly Oxford have a big advantage in heat 15, but if Pirates can go into the ladt heat 2 points up, it’s all to play for.

A meeting not to be missed. Going to be an absolute classic. Don’t miss out.

Worrall and Lawson in 15 are more than capable of at least sharing the heat, as I’m sure you’re fully aware. Both can trap with the best of them. 

5 minutes ago, Aries said:

Worrall and Lawson in 15 are more than capable of at least sharing the heat, as I’m sure you’re fully aware. Both can trap with the best of them. 

Problem is Dickie the Gater is called Dickie the Gater for a reason, if he don't gate he don't win, except in very exceptional circumstances.

5 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

Problem is Dickie the Gater is called Dickie the Gater for a reason, if he don't gate he don't win, except in very exceptional circumstances.

True, but his gating is pretty consistent. You’d bank on him getting to the first bend ahead of Nicholls at least. 

Got our tickets. Weather is set fair no risk of rain so it’s going to be a big crowd with loads travelling up from Dorset.

Really looking forward to it after a long winter.

Bit of rain forecast for western half of England on Weds, but Oxford probably east enough to get away with it atm. 

B) Nicholls and Masters unbeaten for Wolves, same again Wed please  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Hilly said:

B) Nicholls and Masters unbeaten for Wolves, same again Wed please  

They can have max's, as long as Poole win. Fine with me :t:

Forecast not looking great now with rain crossing the country and due early evening. A pain as all the travelling fans have either arrived or are on their way. Let’s hope the rain arrives early to avoid travel or late so the meeting can be run at a quick pace.

Still might get away with it looking at met office forecast. Light rain off and on from 3-9pm and only 50/60% chance. Heavier rain from 10pm.

Rather have an early call than last minute. What a pain and real shame. March was very poor weather, now in April it’s hit and miss. Friday for the return is looking fine though!

11 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Still might get away with it looking at met office forecast. Light rain off and on from 3-9pm and only 50/60% chance. Heavier rain from 10pm.

I know its a pain but I think I'd rather not start at this stage of the season if it's light rain seeing riders act like Bambi on ice is far from entertaining & I'm sure won't help them either. As much as I want to see a meeting I want to see proper racing.

• Like 1