British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Oxford v Poole 5/4/23 BSN Series

Not long now until the first Pirates meeting of the season against the Oxford Cheetahs in the new comp titled BSN series. Different lineups so it will be interesting how the two sides match up. Oxford have gone for a strong heat leader trio while Poole are more strength in depth. Should be a really interesting meeting.

Tickets are now on sale. https://www.ticketsource.co.uk/booking/select/hfcCkVbmEvyr

Do Oxford fans recommend we buy our tickets in advance? I think I will buy mine before travelling up. Thoughts of a sellout?

Fancy Poole to start the season as they ended the last. 

Oxford.

1  Sam Masters                   10.58

2  Cameron Heeps                4.33

3  Lewis Kerr                          7.72

4  Jordan Jenkins                 4.72

5  Scott Nicholls                    8.24

6  Henry Atkins                      2.00

7  Luke Killeen                       2.00

Poole.

1   Steve Worrall                 8.05

2   Anders Rowe                    5.08

3   Ben Cook                           6.09

4   Zach Cook                         4.92

5   Richard Lawson                7.97

6   Kyle Newman                    4.29

7   Adam Roynon                   3.47

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Tickets £2 cheaper if purchased in advance.

2023 Ticket Prices – Online Advanced E-Ticket – (Available up until midnight the day before the event date)
Oxford Cheetahs Matches – Adults 16yrs+ £20 – Accompanied Children Under 16yrs Free 
Oxford Chargers Matches – Adults 16yrs+ £12 – Accompanied Children Under 16yrs Free

2023 Pay On The Day Ticket Prices – Online Pay On The Day E-Ticket
Oxford Cheetahs Matches – Adults 16yrs+ £22 – Accompanied Children Under 16yrs Free 
Oxford Chargers Matches – Adults 16yrs+ £14 – Accompanied Children Under 16yrs Free

Edited by Hilly

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Not long now until the first Pirates meeting of the season against the Oxford Cheetahs in the new comp titled BSN series. Different lineups so it will be interesting how the two sides match up. Oxford have gone for a strong heat leader trio while Poole are more strength in depth. Should be a really interesting meeting.

Tickets are now on sale. https://www.ticketsource.co.uk/booking/select/hfcCkVbmEvyr

Do Oxford fans recommend we buy our tickets in advance? I think I will buy mine before travelling up. Thoughts of a sellout?

Fancy Poole to start the season as they ended the last. 

Oxford.

1  Sam Masters                   10.58

2  Cameron Heeps                4.33

3  Lewis Kerr                          7.72

4  Jordan Jenkins                 4.72

5  Scott Nicholls                    8.24

6  Henry Atkins                      2.00

7  Luke Killeen                       2.00

Poole.

1   Steve Worrall                 8.05

2   Anders Rowe                    5.08

3   Ben Cook                           6.09

4   Zach Cook                         4.92

5   Richard Lawson                7.97

6   Kyle Newman                    4.29

7   Adam Roynon                   3.47

May be wrong but reserves should be the deciding factor here,Oxford have excellent heat leaders so should they will score well against all teams but Poole had a 2pt reserve last season and he never won a race and Oxford have 2 this season but they may be riding rockets so could be a surprise package but strength in depth this year unlike last year could be key still so long as the racing is close and exciting everyone will be happy 

Looking at those teams, it's possible Oxford's reserves won't beat a Poole rider between them, so can only see a Poole win here!

On 3/27/2023 at 1:57 AM, szkocjasid said:

Looking at those teams, it's possible Oxford's reserves won't beat a Poole rider between them, so can only see a Poole win here!

Going on the basis of averages, if you go through the programme and assume rider position based on average along, I make it a 47-43 Oxford win.

Of course, matches don't turn out that way, but on team make-up along Oxford seem to have a slight edge.

1 hour ago, Grachan said:

Going on the basis of averages, if you go through the programme and assume rider position based on average along, I make it a 47-43 Oxford win.

Of course, matches don't turn out that way, but on team make-up along Oxford seem to have a slight edge.

Will be close I think. Although predictions are difficult at start of the season. Oxford have stronger HLs and Poole have stronger reserves, so they cancel each other out. So second strings will prob decide it imo. 

21 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Will be close I think. Although predictions are difficult at start of the season. Oxford have stronger HLs and Poole have stronger reserves, so they cancel each other out. So second strings will prob decide it imo. 

On paper they cancel each other out over the 14, then Oxford have the edge and take it in heat 15.

It's all on paper of course. It's an interesting match up. I might be tempted to go and watch now that I'm not going this week.

• Like 1

Just now, Grachan said:

On paper they cancel each other out over the 14, then Oxford have the edge and take it in heat 15.

It's all on paper of course. It's an interesting match up. I might be tempted to go and watch now that I'm not going this week.

Yes, top heavy vs strength in depth, always interesting to see who comes out on top and not always how you expect! 

I think both teams will win at home, so will be interesting to see who gets the aggregate win. Do you get anything for it in the BSN series, like in the league?

59 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Just looking to book online tickets and notice it shows an option for ‘Unipart car park’ is this the stadium carpark or one somewhere else?

It used to be just off the Watlington Road about 20 minutes (?) walk away?

21 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

It used to be just off the Watlington Road about 20 minutes (?) walk away?

Free parking and free  shuttle bus to stadium

It takes about 8 mins to walk from the Unipart car park to the stadium. To be honest it’s not worth the shuttle bus unless you are weak and feeble. Easy walk both ways. For some unfathomable reason the old car park right next to the stadium is sealed off and not used.

So with both meetings rained off tonight, next Wednesday brings about the first meeting of the season for both sides. Oxford clearly have a huge advantage having had a practice on their track, but it wouldn’t surprise me if the meeting came down to the final couple of heats. Clearly Oxford have a big advantage in heat 15, but if Pirates can go into the ladt heat 2 points up, it’s all to play for.

A meeting not to be missed. Going to be an absolute classic. Don’t miss out.

5 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

It takes about 8 mins to walk from the Unipart car park to the stadium. To be honest it’s not worth the shuttle bus unless you are weak and feeble. Easy walk both ways. For some unfathomable reason the old car park right next to the stadium is sealed off and not used.

Thanks Steve for the information, much appreciated. Tickets booked & carpark, hoping for good weather and a Pirates win!! 

6 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I believe it's part of the lease agreement that that part of the old car park cannot be used.

• Like 1