British Speedway Forum
crescent girl

BERWICK v REDCAR (KO Cup) Saturday, April 1st

The long cold winter wait is over, and speedway returns to Shielfield Park on Saturday evening.

Discounted early-bird tickets from https://www.berwickspeedway.com/tickets/           Large free car-park.        Pay on the day by cash available.   

Bandits:  1 Thomas Jorgensen, 2 Jonas Knudsen, 3 Leon Flint (captain), 4 Jye Etheridge, 5 Rory Schlein, 6 Connor Coles, 7 Nathan Stoneman.

Bears:  1 Erik Riss, Connor Bailey, 3 Charles Wright (captain), 4 Danyon Hume, 5 Danny King, .6 Jason Edwards, 7 Jake Mulford.

Track shop will open, stocked with 2023 apparel and other goodies.

Tapes up 7pm.

Also live streamed on BSN for anyone who can't make it,or have a BSN subscription.

• Like 1

Bandits to start the season with a win.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Topcat said:

That should be a given with Redcars weak tail. It might be enough overall.

2 hours ago, Topcat said:

2 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

I wouldn't say Redcar have a weak tail. For a start they have stronger reserves than Berwick!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, szkocjasid said:

I wouldn't say Redcar have a weak tail. For a start they have stronger reserves than Berwick!

It's just a matter of opinion, but 0 points from 6 rides from 3 of the tail doesn't bode well.

11 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

Hume and Edwards are no slouches round Berwick and Mulford got paid 10 in his visit to Shielfield with Kent.Don’t see the weak tail.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, crescent girl said:

The long cold winter wait is over, and speedway returns to Shielfield Park on Saturday evening.

Discounted early-bird tickets from https://www.berwickspeedway.com/tickets/           Large free car-park.        Pay on the day by cash available.   

Bandits:  1 Thomas Jorgensen, 2 Jonas Knudsen, 3 Leon Flint (captain), 4 Jye Etheridge, 5 Rory Schlein, 6 Connor Coles, 7 Nathan Stoneman.

Bears:  1 Erik Riss, Connor Bailey, 3 Charles Wright (captain), 4 Danyon Hume, 5 Danny King, .6 Jason Edwards, 7 Jake Mulford.

Track shop will open, stocked with 2023 apparel and other goodies.

Tapes up 7pm.

I can see an away win by 4 points 

• Like 1

Tough one to start the season with , The Bandits may win this but it's al going to depend on the first leg and what sort of deficit they have to pull back. I can't make this one due to a prior commitment, hope it's a decent meeting with no injuries and it's not too cold . 

10 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

10 hours ago, sidewinder said:

It's just a matter of opinion, but 0 points from 6 rides from 3 of the tail doesn't bode well.

Not sure if you are referring to thier scores at home, but Newcastle had Championship second strings at 6&7 not the 2.00 riders Berwick have!

• Like 2

If we can keep Friday nights score to no more than an 8 point defeat I'd be hopeful lot depends on how Jyes shoulder holds up over both meetings.

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

Not sure if you are referring to thier scores at home, but Newcastle had Championship second strings at 6&7 not the 2.00 riders Berwick have!

Agreed, their reserve pair were of quality, (especially Mountain, Bowtelle has never barely scored a point around Redcar). We need our second stings to come the party, because if their reserves get a couple apiece, we could be struggling. Has anyone seen Danyon Humes scores around Redcar. I think the best is 5 from 5 with Poole, the rest well below that. Don;t    get me wrong I would love to see him succeed. I live in hope.

4 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

Agreed, their reserve pair were of quality, (especially Mountain, Bowtelle has never barely scored a point around Redcar). We need our second stings to come the party, because if their reserves get a couple apiece, we could be struggling. Has anyone seen Danyon Humes scores around Redcar. I think the best is 5 from 5 with Poole, the rest well below that. Don;t    get me wrong I would love to see him succeed. I live in hope.

Maybe not but was paid for 8 both meetings for Glasgow at Berwick last season so shouldn't be a long tail there at least

55 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Maybe not but was paid for 8 both meetings for Glasgow at Berwick last season so shouldn't be a long tail there at least

I really hope you are right.

Away win IMO, something I may be typing more than once this season.

• Like 2