British Speedway Forum
crescent girl

BERWICK v REDCAR (KO Cup) Saturday, April 1st

15 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

On a more positive note Connor Coles becoming one of the better/most improved two pointer so far. :t:

Yeh,hats off to Conner has had a great start to his season.Riding very well.

• Like 1

The other thing not mentioned is banking. Glasgow has great racing, but not because the bends are very wide. IIRC, they're actually only just wide enough for FIM standard (which I think is why some riders struggled at the SGP qualifier last year) but the banking really makes the outside line work. Without the banking, it would be a very ordinary track.

6 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

The other thing not mentioned is banking. Glasgow has great racing, but not because the bends are very wide. IIRC, they're actually only just wide enough for FIM standard (which I think is why some riders struggled at the SGP qualifier last year) but the banking really makes the outside line work. Without the banking, it would be a very ordinary track.

Agree the entrance too the bends are tight.Some great racing at times though.Watching how wide Harris was entering the 3rd/4th bend trying pass was scary how close he was to touching rider in front back wheel.Typical Harris though.

3 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Agree the entrance too the bends are tight.Some great racing at times though.Watching how wide Harris was entering the 3rd/4th bend trying pass was scary how close he was to touching rider in front back wheel.Typical Harris though.

So Glasgow is tight into the bends but Berwick isn't? Hmmmmm.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

No facility for a replacement for Zaine as that finishes midweek

Yep runs out 5th May.. not sure if its midnight 4th or midnight 5th but if you perm 1 from 3 of Max Clegg,Dan Thompson or Drew Kemp then Connor Mountain will be reserve.

if we can get him i would go for Nathan Ablitt to join Connor

7 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

So Glasgow is tight into the bends but Berwick isn't? Hmmmmm.

See you have got the fishing rod out.we have differing opinions but hey that’s fine.Mikebv summed it up perfectly for me.

Edited by Fromafar

12 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

The entrance to the bends were widened several years ago , they really aren’t that tight now.

15 minutes ago, Gazc said:

The entrance to the bends were widened several years ago , they really aren’t that tight now.

If Bagpuss says they are tight they must be.Similar to Berwick ,but are FIM standard.

1 hour ago, Hamster00 said:

Agree with most of what everyone has said so far, last week clearly the exception to the rule against a poor Edinburgh side and when Pickering was injured in the tie at Berwick it was always going to be a home win

Like has been said anyone who had half an idea about speedway knew that the Berwick team was built terribly with Coles the exception to the rule again as he is proving to easily be the best 2 pointer in the league so far

Leon needs a break from Berwick to get up to a higher level as he really does struggle away from home and only ever seems to beat his teammates or other teams reserves, however he is fantastic at home

With a double header next week and the price being extortionate at the best of times for the majority of the fan base eg concessions I can see it being a very poor crowd next week, half of the fans on the back straight last night were from Redcar

Berwick fans have been taken for mugs for over a decade now, has patience finally run out from one of the loyalest fan bases in speedway?

Prices….quite a few people , probably away supporters, last night were frustrated as no card payments on the gate and had to ask friends for funds.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

See you have got the fishing rod out.we have differing opinions but hey that’s fine.Mikebv summed it up perfectly for me.

5 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

If Bagpuss says they are tight they must be.Similar to Berwick ,but are FIM standard.

No fishing rod here, as you say just different opinions :)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Prices….quite a few people , probably away supporters, last night were frustrated as no card payments on the gate and had to ask friends for funds.

This has been discussed among the Berwick fans,appears it’s the Courtney way of working with money,think Oxford have similar issues on paying.

3 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

This has been discussed among the Berwick fans,appears it’s the Courtney way of working with money,think Oxford have similar issues on paying.

I've read before it's because the WiFi doesn't stretch to the entrance. No idea if that's the real reason, although 4G payment terminals are a thing, so it's not like they couldn't still do it. It is a PITA though - speedway is the only thing I ever use cash for. Just let me tap my phone and walk in!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Oxford don't take cash for entry. Though the bars and food outlets do.

6 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

Oxford don't take cash for entry. Though the bars and food outlets do.

Berwick don’t take Card at Entry but take Card for food.

17 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

I've read before it's because the WiFi doesn't stretch to the entrance. No idea if that's the real reason, although 4G payment terminals are a thing, so it's not like they couldn't still do it. It is a PITA though - speedway is the only thing I ever use cash for. Just let me tap my phone and walk in!

Heard that,but that was last season,could it not been addressed in the close season. Wi Fi surely can’t be difficult to sort out in this day and age..