British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
noaksey

Wolves v Lynn 3/4

Just now, szkocjasid said:

Scunthorpe have a 28 day facility "which can be extended" for Kennedy so in fairness Wolves MUST be allowed a 28 day facility for Becker (surely)!

This is where things go wrong in the UK IMO, if 28 day facilities are going to be handed out then why extend them as surely a new signing if required could be found within that time?

Personally I wouldn't grant Scunny with one anyway (ie NL guest) as its a non speedway injury. All top five absences should be R/R, guests only once multiple riders are unavailable. Guests really do need minimising if not stamping out.

As for the meeting anything within ten will be a good result, even though Wolves don't look great we rarely go well there, almost a bogey track. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, noaksey said:

Does he fit?

Who else Holder, Nicholls?

Piotr Pawlicki if he fails to do the business for Wroclaw.Think he's only doing Poland,would he come in on 7.00.

Edited by Tommy Sweetman

4 minutes ago, noaksey said:

Nicholls tonight 

Ridiculous. Opening meeting of the season and already being covered by guests. 

Everybody should be forced to use R/R for missing riders unless there is more than one rider missing. Guests are one of the biggest banes of British Speedway.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Najjer said:

Everybody should be forced to use R/R for missing riders unless there is more than one rider missing. Guests are one of the biggest banes of British Speedway.

Nail on head.

At least Nicholls doesn't race for another team in this league I guess.

4 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Nail on head.

At least Nicholls doesn't race for another team in this league I guess.

The sad thing is, it’s probably one of the reasons he doesn’t ride for anybody else. He can just pick and choose his matches on a nice suitable average to guest for just about anybody in the league - showing what a farce the system is.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Wolfie456 said:

Suspected broken ankle for Luke.Think a certain Jacob Thorssell may be getting a call this week.

Doesn't Thorsell ride in the Polish Second Division?

If so won't he be unavailable on Thursdays?

If that is the case not much point signing him.

37 minutes ago, Najjer said:

I'm not keen on guests but I'm not keen on six man teams either. Give me seven versus seven any day of the week.

This situation has only happened in the last 24 hours and if I was the Wolves manager, I would definitely go for a guest if a suitable one could be found.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, magnificentseven said:

Doesn't Thorsell ride in the Polish Second Division?

If so won't he be unavailable on Thursdays?

If that is the case not much point signing him.

No second division fixtures are on Saturdays and Sundays Thursdays are for any rained off fixtures to be run on.

38 minutes ago, Najjer said:

The sad thing is, it’s probably one of the reasons he doesn’t ride for anybody else. He can just pick and choose his matches on a nice suitable average to guest for just about anybody in the league - showing what a farce the system is.

Don't be surprised if he scores well tonight he'll be tempted to come back full time at Wolves.Its been mooted for years that Nicholls would eventually become a fully fledged Wolf.But that would leave us way under the limit.

Edited by Tommy Sweetman

46 minutes ago, Tommy Sweetman said:

Don't be surprised if he scores well tonight he'll be tempted to come back full time at Wolves.Its been mooted for years that Nicholls would eventually become a fully fledged Wolf.But that would leave us way under the limit.

Only until Becker is fit though? As Becker is a lot better. 

26 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Only until Becker is fit though? As Becker is a lot better. 

Long time to wait though,gonna be June at the earliest. 

2 hours ago, Najjer said:

Trouble is r/r makes you so much weaker when it's the 3rd heat leader, 3 of the rides taken by second strings and reserves, how's that fair. There must be a fairer way for r/r to operate, maybe something like anyone can take a ride but the average totals for the 4 rides must not exceed the average of the missing rider x4.

7 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

Trouble is r/r makes you so much weaker when it's the 3rd heat leader, 3 of the rides taken by second strings and reserves, how's that fair. There must be a fairer way for r/r to operate, maybe something like anyone can take a ride but the average totals for the 4 rides must not exceed the average of the missing rider x4.

It’s not fair but it’s the luck of the draw when you have an injured rider. This then encourages the team to go and sign a replacement or stick with R/R until the injured rider is back - but doesn’t include borrowing riders from other teams and keeps some form of team identity. 

The guest system has been a joke for a long time. I remember back in 2008 when Simon Walker was injured for my team (Somerset) who was on a 6.50 average after it being inflated due to a large home average. People were disappointed when he came back from injury after we had Craig Watson and other riders well above his ability guesting in place of him. Should never of been allowed really.

Edited by Najjer
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

Their are always disadvantages to whatever way you build a team, you can only ever cover injuries the best way you can, unfortunately its part of the sport, you cannot cover every possibility.