British Speedway Forum
JanAndersen

Edinburgh Monarchs vs Glasgow Tigers (BSN Series) - Friday 7th April

3 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

He started there last season because ulle was coming back from injury and Ben was still on a 5. He must be happy there is my only guess. When/ if Ben gets to no.1 I'd guess bomber would go to 5 and Tom move at that point 

He must love a challenge! Steve Worrall said he liked riding at 3 as it is so much easier than 1 or 5. Maybe Ben has realised this also? Also Tom might be thinking of keeping average down, to be appealing for following season? 

4 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

I have never understood why Tom is at 5 and Ben at 3. Ben's average is nearly 2 points higher.

4 hours ago, Jaizer said:

He started there last season because ulle was coming back from injury and Ben was still on a 5. He must be happy there is my only guess. When/ if Ben gets to no.1 I'd guess bomber would go to 5 and Tom move at that point 

I'd put the riders where I think it suits the team best, which for me would be Tom at 3 & Ben at 5.

8 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Well he’s not touched a bike since last October so I doubt it. 

Good to see he has your full support…….lol

15 hours ago, JanAndersen said:

No offence but I’m glad you’re not the team manager! We’ve got to push Kye to be a solid heat leader - that isn’t going to happen riding at no.2. 

I never take offence :)

I'm not actually advocating moving Kye to number 2. I did say Castagna isn't consistent enough, so that rules out any such move, unfortunately.

I would argue that Kye could still become a "solid heat leader", regardless of what number race jacket he dons. The added bonus being that paid wins behind Josh would only ever make his maximum average 9.00 (he would obviously win heat 8), as opposed to 12.00.

There's too much emphasis on heat 8 being an 'easy race'. The same can be said for heats 12 and 14, thus making the difference between 2, 3 and 4 marginal.

Anyway, roll on Friday. Kids - don't forget - chocolate is a laxative. Say no to Easter eggs.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, ragdoll64 said:

Good to see he has your full support…….lol

He’s got my full support seen the light and returned to the good side and all that. Think a lack of bike time and no having raced in 5 months isn’t ideal preparation. 

56 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

He’s got my full support seen the light and returned to the good side and all that. Think a lack of bike time and no having raced in 5 months isn’t ideal preparation. 

underCooked?

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

I have never understood why Tom is at 5 and Ben at 3. Ben's average is nearly 2 points higher.

The team manager's choice to pair the two Danes together. Probably move to 1 & 2 soon, then Tom can move to 3 or 4

On 4/3/2023 at 3:29 PM, Mr Blobby said:

Well he’s not touched a bike since last October so I doubt it. 

Is there anything I can get angry about yet ?.

Leaves thread disappointed.

2 hours ago, Gazc said:

Is there anything I can get angry about yet ?.

Leaves thread disappointed.

Can you make sure Novak hasn’t got any weddings this Friday. 

• Haha 2

On 4/3/2023 at 7:01 PM, Jaizer said:

19 hours ago, gmarsbar2 said:

The team manager's choice to pair the two Danes together. Probably move to 1 & 2 soon, then Tom can move to 3 or 4

If Basso goes to number one (very possible as he misses heat 13) I'd expect Brennan to move to 3 & Harris to 5, although when Basso went to number one last season Brennan was left at 5 with Cook at 3!

On 4/3/2023 at 7:09 PM, lisa-colette said:

He must love a challenge! Steve Worrall said he liked riding at 3 as it is so much easier than 1 or 5. Maybe Ben has realised this also? Also Tom might be thinking of keeping average down, to be appealing for following season? 

He will lose a lot of money doing that. 

How about this line-up for Edinburgh?

1   Pickering   

2   Castagna

3   Cook

4   Hook

5   Thomson

6   Fredriksen

7   Bickley

Moving Kye to 5 would pit him in against Harris and Brennan in heat 13 and around Armadale i think Kye could have the beating of them, same with Pickering. Putting Cookie at 3 would give him plenty of time to prepare for heat 15 and Paco is a lot better than Novak and Pijper around Armadale so placing him at number 2 might up his game in Heat 8 and also help out Bickley. Jacob and Lasse would be good enough to go up against Vissing and Ace in Heat 14 and it would also be a very entertaining and unpredictable race. Just suggestions and i doubt the line-up will be too surprising for either team come race day.

Edited by Nickinho

12 minutes ago, Nickinho said:

How about this line-up for Edinburgh?

1   Cook   

2   Castagna

3   Pickering

4   Hook

5   Thomson

6   Fredriksen

7   Bickley

Moving Kye to 5 would pit him in against Harris and Brennan in heat 13 and around Armadale i think Kye could have the beating of them, same with Cookie. Putting Josh at 3 would give him plenty of time to prepare for heat 15 and Paco is a lot better than Novak and Pijper around Armadale so placing him at number 2 might up his game in Heat 8 and also help out Bickley. Jacob and Lasse would be good enough to go up against Vissing and Ace in Heat 14 and it would also be a very entertaining and unpredictable race. Just suggestions and i doubt the line-up will be too surprising for either team come race day.

Doesn't Josh have to be at 1 as he has the highest average? 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Then Pickering at 1 and Cook at number 3. Whichever. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Unless there has been a rule change Pickering has to ride at No1.

• Thanks 1