British Speedway Forum
JanAndersen

Edinburgh Monarchs vs Glasgow Tigers (BSN Series) - Friday 7th April

10 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Raised the question of why must the highest average ride at 1? Shane rode at 3 and 5 vast majority of his time in the stripes, I believe he hated riding at 1 memory serves. Yes it means top riders clash in heat one but given best racing occurs generally later in the meeting is this best time for them to clash? 

I preferred it when the top 2 averaged riders had to be at 1+5 (either was round), guaranteed the top 4 riders (statistically) would be in heat 13 - good for the fans!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ragdoll64 said:

Definitely not……usually 1st out the gate in heat one and hug the white line. As you say, the best racing starts after the dirt moves out a bit. 

Completely agree but why not have dirt out wide from the start? 

• Like 1

Outside of Edinburgh's heat leaders I don't see much in the team at all. Lasse was not great at all.Kyle was dropped by Berwick and Jacob wasn't the greatest either, Paco should hopefully show up before his last programmed ride.

If you compare both teams with a 2 point reduction from 2022 team building which would you take? Claus and Marcins averages are nowhere near what they should be. That being said neither like Armadale.

Looking forward to some live speedway it's been far too long an off-season and the coffee at Armadale (from the stand) is the best in the league.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cast1rn said:

Outside of Edinburgh's heat leaders I don't see much in the team at all. Lasse was not great at all.Kyle was dropped by Berwick and Jacob wasn't the greatest either, Paco should hopefully show up before his last programmed ride.

If you compare both teams with a 2 point reduction from 2022 team building which would you take? Claus and Marcins averages are nowhere near what they should be. That being said neither like Armadale.

Looking forward to some live speedway it's been far too long an off-season and the coffee at Armadale (from the stand) is the best in the league.

I think it's safe to say Edinburgh's team has 5 riders who were dissapointing in 2022, obviously the club are hoping they can improve!

Edited by szkocjasid

20 hours ago, mac101 said:

what’s the chance of a  rain off  if they don’t get track time before friday  

There's much more chance of Ashfield being called off if last year was anything to go by as it would often rain all week, then the sun would come out on Thursday and stay off until 7pm on Friday night when half an hour of drizzle would usually put paid to the meeting. I don't know why they don't bring it forward to 6pm, it's not like most people work a 9-5 anymore these days. 

5 hours ago, Nickinho said:

There's much more chance of Ashfield being called off if last year was anything to go by as it would often rain all week, then the sun would come out on Thursday and stay off until 7pm on Friday night when half an hour of drizzle would usually put paid to the meeting. I don't know why they don't bring it forward to 6pm, it's not like most people work a 9-5 anymore these days. 

I do and going by the M8 between Edinburgh and Glasgow so do plenty others

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Nickinho said:

What parallel universe are you floating around in??

"Not like most people work at 9-5 anymore these days"

I assume you don't venture along the M8 east or west bound between  the hours of 7-9 am or 430-6 pm  where all us minions just decide to go for a drive at the exact same time for no apparent reason.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I think it's safe to say Edinburgh's team has 5 riders who were dissapointing in 2022, obviously the club are hoping they can improve!

Got to the play off semi final hardly say that’s disappointing. With two riders who had never rode in Britain before. Strange comment. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Got to the play off semi final hardly say that’s disappointing. With two riders who had never rode in Britain before. Strange comment. 

I assume @szkocjasid means everyone bar Pickering & Thomson and I'd probably agree athough it depends on your expectations really. A bit of leeway perhaps for the two newbies but I'd imagine Cook, Bickley and Castagna would all be disappointed with their 2022 seasons if you asked them.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Not strange at all.

Suppose it depends on your pre-season expectations. Glasgow finished second in the league but I'm sure most fans were disappointed with how the season panned out.

Guess you'll be happy making the playoffs this season?

21 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

3 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I assume @szkocjasid means everyone bar Pickering & Thomson and I'd probably agree although it depends on your expectations really. A bit of leeway perhaps for the two newbies but I'd imagine Cook, Bickley and Castagna would all be disappointed with their 2022 seasons if you asked them.

Bagpuss pretty much says what I was meaning. For example was Cook happy he's dropped from a 9.02 average to 8.45? Considering he finished 2019 on 10.18 I'm sure he wanted his average to go the other way.

Castagna had pre-season interviews where he suggested he'd be unbeatable at home - surely he can't be happy dropping his average from 5.52 to 4.93?

Fredriksen & Hook both finished below their 4.00 assessed averages, surely that's dissapointing?

Finally Bickley, despite scoring well in the NL got dropped by two Championship teams, as his Champ average dropped below 3.00 for the first time since he left Workington.

I'm not saying none of them deserve a chance, just that Monarchs hopes are based on them improving!

Edited by szkocjasid

32 minutes ago, gmarsbar2 said:

Not strange at all.

Suppose it depends on your pre-season expectations. Glasgow finished second in the league but I'm sure most fans were disappointed with how the season panned out.

Guess you'll be happy making the playoffs this season?

I also never said Edinburgh had a dissapointing season in 2022, if anything I think they over achieved.

I was commenting on 5 the riders in the 2023 squad.

I guess every team has to make the play-offs their priority, especially as it only required you finishing 6th out of 9.

I'm sure Glasgow only have one goal (winning) after coming close very often.

Question though, did Glasgow finish 2nd in the league? They didn't make the final!

38 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I also never said Edinburgh had a dissapointing season in 2022, if anything I think they over achieved.

I was commenting on 5 the riders in the 2023 squad.

I guess every team has to make the play-offs their priority, especially as it only required you finishing 6th out of 9.

I'm sure Glasgow only have one goal (winning) after coming close very often.

Question though, did Glasgow finish 2nd in the league? They didn't make the final!

The league table, obviously they lost in the playoff semi-final against Poole. Doesn't change the league position