British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mimmo

Mildenhall 2023

A good start for the Suffolk side yesterday, with Ben Trigger at No 3 with his 9+1 looking particularly impressive.
William Richardson failed to score, but it wasn't for lack of racing in his NDL debut,  and he showed bags of potential.
Without doubt, it will take a good side to beat them at West Row this season.
MILDENHALL 53: Alfie Bowtell 14 Lee Complin 12+2 Ben Trigger 9+1 Arran Butcher 7+2 George Congreve 6+2 Josh Warren 5+1 William Richardson 0

KENT 37: Connor King 12 Ben Morley 11 Tom Woolley 6 Joe Alcock 3+2 Rhys Naylor 3 Sam Woolley 1+1 James Laker (Guest) 1 

I thought the most notable take-away from the meeting was that the match took well under 2 hours and there were only two fallers - a big improvement on 2022's offerings

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, arnieg said:

I thought the most notable take-away from the meeting was that the match took well under 2 hours and there were only two fallers - a big improvement on 2022's offerings

The most important think and great to hear. If they keep that up I might even be tempted to venture over at some point.

But surprised at Mildenhall's choice of guest, but will be interesting to see how Harrison goes. I would've moved Trigger to 5 for today's fixture though.

59 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

But surprised at Mildenhall's choice of guest, but will be interesting to see how Harrison goes. I would've moved Trigger to 5 for today's fixture though.

Does seem an odd choice to get a 3.00 rider from 200 miles away when they could have had a heat leader more local.  

Might all be irrelevant yet.   An hour after the scheduled start time the paramedic still hasn't arrived and cars are apparently stuck in mud trying to park!  I knew the track was in the middle of nowhere on some dodgy tip land, but I didn't know it was that bad.

How is it odd to choose a rider who scored a FULL maximum last time he rode for Mildenhall?

• Like 2

It really surprises me on how little is known by a lot of alleged experienced posters/fans have on riders today.

Great win today and bagful of points for Harrison as well. 

Complin is on an awkward average so only really Atkins available on a like for like guest booking. Then its lesser averages and clear that Harrison is a rider capable of much better than his 3.00 average. 

Mildenhall would have expected a bit more from Warren and Trigger who usually get more at Iwade. Kent are probably getting what they would expect from the 1-5 but reserves beating only each other and Richardson at home must be a concern.

Edited by Sings4Speedway