British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ScunnyDan

Good Friday 7.4.23 - Scunny vs Redcar

3 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

If it was covid, why is there no isolation period?

Just going by what i saw on the Scunthorpe website in the preview it read at the bottom 

Redcar have two riders out themselves, including COVID-19 victim Charles Wright.

2 hours ago, Bellers101 said:

Would rather have gone with R/R than have Sedgeman wear a Bears race jacket again.

Sedgmen did well at Ipswich though, beat Sayfutdinov!

Also when Wright was going to be missing r/r would've been King, Hume, Bailey & Edwards - far weaker than Sedgmen imo.

R/R in place of Riss would be stronger King, Wright, Hume & Bailey (or Edwards) but by the time they discovered Riss was missing they'd already offered Sedgmen to be guest.

Edited by szkocjasid

1 hour ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Just going by what i saw on the Scunthorpe website in the preview it read at the bottom 

Redcar have two riders out themselves, including COVID-19 victim Charles Wright.

In case you are unaware (apologies if you are aware!) Wright woke up this morning feeling a lot better and declared he was fit to ride, but Riss who felt unwell during his meeting last night, woke up and declared himself UNFIT to ride, so Redcar switched the guest facility to Riss at number 1. This on Redcar's Facebook and Twitter a/c's.

The other one missing, is Jake Mulford.

Edited by StevePark

Comfortable win for the Scorpions with the Bears carrying too many riders.

Douglas was excellent and Tofty looked good too. They will be a strong team this year, especially at home.

Wright excellent for the Bears and King, Edwards battled hard. Second strings need to contribute more if the Bears are to compete away from home.

Watched the stream which was excellent, what the commentary lacked in slickness it made up for in enthusiasm.

Some fantastic racing - 5 or 6 superb heats. Great racetrack.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Sedgmen did well at Ipswich though, beat Sayfutdinov!

Also when Wright was going to be missing r/r would've been King, Hume, Bailey & Edwards - far weaker than Sedgmen imo.

R/R in place of Riss would be stronger King, Wright, Hume & Bailey (or Edwards) but by the time they discovered Riss was missing they'd already offered Sedgmen to be guest.

My comment was due to his attitude when he was a Redcar rider and nothing to do with his current form.

I watched it on the stream well done Dan for a great job, you best  comment of the night " Redcar fans are the best in British Speedway". I made my decision not to travel when I found out Erik Riss would be missing and I am so glad because a 2hr drive home after that loss would only have fried my brain because Sedgeman was crap and Stoneman delivered exactly what I imagined he would.  The second strings were also really disappointing so a big shout out needs to go out to Charles Wright and Jason Edwards who were the only two Bears riders that looked like they actually gave a damn.  Finally I expected a lot  more from Danny King, but I will reserve judgement for now because I know he's better than that  performance 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Berry9 said:

I watched it on the stream well done Dan for a great job, you best  comment of the night " Redcar fans are the best in British Speedway". I made my decision not to travel when I found out Erik Riss would be missing and I am so glad because a 2hr drive home after that loss would only have fried my brain because Sedgeman was crap and Stoneman delivered exactly what I imagined he would.  The second strings were also really disappointing so a big shout out needs to go out to Charles Wright and Jason Edwards who were the only two Bears riders that looked like they actually gave a damn.  Finally I expected a lot  more from Danny King, but I will reserve judgement for now because I know he's better than that  performance 

To be fair, I don't think Scunthorpe is Danny's favourite track. Maybe people will see that Redcar's tail, isn't that strong( Edwards not included). Not advocating a change in personnel, just hoping they improve.

Slickest I’ve ever seen that track no need really for rob to cruise around in his tractor however it did need a sprinkle of water 

34 minutes ago, Berry9 said:

I thought your second strings were better than their scores suggested, I expected more from king though, looked like he was just going through the motions.

Well I watched the stream & I was a bit disappointed in our performance, That was the worst I have seen from Danny King, our second strings are going to cost us winning anything. Please do not book Sedgeman as a guest again

well done to Charles & Jason

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Norfolk Bear said:

Well I watched the stream & I was a bit disappointed in our performance, That was the worst I have seen from Danny King, our second strings are going to cost us winning anything. Please do not book Sedgeman as a guest again

well done to Charles & Jason

Sedgmen was ok could of been worse off ,difficult position at guest number 1 against Dougy and the 23 scorpions, pitty about Kennedy out as that would of rubbed more salt into the bears wounds for the trip home

1 hour ago, eric i said:

I thought your second strings were better than their scores suggested, I expected more from king though, looked like he was just going through the motions.

I also thought Redcars second strings deserved more for there efforts especially Hume who i couldnt believed only scored 2… King is one of my favourite riders at this level but apart from one ride he just didnt look that fast.. 

i personally thought it was a good meeting between 2 good sides 

• Like 1

Enjoyable meeting..  one or two outstanding heats.  Scunny edged it mainly due to the efforts of Dougy, Tofty and Allen..  Credit to Redcar though, particularly Wrighty.... they just missed someone that could match his point scoring contribution... on another day King would do much better... and how much did they miss Erik Riss???? 

Edited by Albert