British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PotteringAround

Belle Vue Colts v Bewick Bullets - Friday 7 April

Colts to have enough to hit 50 even early in the year. Paid double figures from Hodder, Smith and Pearson as a minimum 

I'll go for Colts 50 - 40 Bullets.

Freeman should do well for Berwick, but expect Belle Vue's reserves to far outscore Berwick's.

When will clubs realise the wisdom of having double medical cover?  A full hour since the first start of Heat 1 before the restart.    According to medical officer, Archie has suffered a broken leg. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, crescent girl said:

When will clubs realise the wisdom of having double medical cover?  A full hour since the first start of Heat 1 before the restart.    According to medical officer, Archie has suffered a broken leg. 

Who pays for it though?  I totally agree all tracks should have two ambulances - but someone has to "suffer" the extra cost.  Unless you can get a sponsor to pay for it, then it's down to the fans, yet again and some might say they are paying enough (if not more than VFM) as it is.

20 hours ago, crescent girl said:

Are you really trying to say we have never had these delays at Berwick through the years.Best wishes for a good recovery to Archie.

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Are you really trying to say we have never had these delays at Berwick through the years.Best wishes for a good recovery to Archie.

The re-run of Heat 1 was at 2.00pm, so there was a delay of around 45-50 minutes to treat young Archie.   Personally I don't begrudge 45 minutes of treatment for a young lad with a badly broken leg, and to be fair neither did anyone sitting around me.  So the person complaining seems to be out on her own here.

It's only about the third time in 8 years that I can remember an ambulance being needed at the NSS at all, let alone a need for two.   With 2 other Bullets riders sliding off at the back, I reckon Berwick must have set some kind of record.  Very rare you see 3 fallers in a meeting at the NSS even in NDL.  (Though the Archie/Connor crash was as a result of a machinery fail, not either rider falling).

10 minutes ago, PotteringAround said:

The re-run of Heat 1 was at 2.00pm, so there was a delay of around 45-50 minutes to treat young Archie.   Personally I don't begrudge 45 minutes of treatment for a young lad with a badly broken leg, and to be fair neither did anyone sitting around me.  So the person complaining seems to be out on her own here.

It's only about the third time in 8 years that I can remember an ambulance being needed at the NSS at all, let alone a need for two.   With 2 other Bullets riders sliding off at the back, I reckon Berwick must have set some kind of record.  Very rare you see 3 fallers in a meeting at the NSS even in NDL.  (Though the Archie/Connor crash was as a result of a machinery fail, not either rider falling).

It’s Dick Barrie, the Berwick centre green presenter, he pretends to be a female on the forum, all a bit weird really, don’t worry too much about ‘it’

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, PotteringAround said:

Crescent Girl was only concerned that he wouldn’t make it to Armadale in time,as he stated in SS this week.There is always been a lengthy delay for a serious injury,irrespective of the medical cover.

On 4/8/2023 at 1:26 PM, PotteringAround said:

There is no problem from me with them treating Archie for 45-50 minutes either.

Since Berwick must have set some kind of record for riders sliding off at the NSS it might be worthwhile giving the first aid team a refresher to get them to respond to riders who have fallen off or are lying on the track (1st bend first aiders attended to Coles and 3rd bend first aiders ignored Freeman). It shouldn't take the centre green presenter asking for Archie to be attended to TWICE (by the first aid team) before any action was taken.

It is also good to see that riders can be on the start line digging when the tractors are going past for five laps (Belle Vue number 7 before the re-run of heat one). I thought that was stopped with someone getting killed at a stockcar meeting (thought you weren't allowed on track when the tractors are out).

15 minutes ago, sparks123 said:

There is no problem from me with them treating Archie for 45-50 minutes either.

Since Berwick must have set some kind of record for riders sliding off at the NSS it might be worthwhile giving the first aid team a refresher to get them to respond to riders who have fallen off or are lying on the track (1st bend first aiders attended to Coles and 3rd bend first aiders ignored Freeman). It shouldn't take the centre green presenter asking for Archie to be attended to TWICE (by the first aid team) before any action was taken.

It is also good to see that riders can be on the start line digging when the tractors are going past for five laps (Belle Vue number 7 before the re-run of heat one). I thought that was stopped with someone getting killed at a stockcar meeting (thought you weren't allowed on track when the tractors are out).

Not sure what all that nonsense is.  Can only assume a Berwick fan angry at seeing his team capitulate.  But the pathetic attack on the Moss family's medical team is absolute nonsense.

Since Stoke's closure, I get to Belle Vue a lot.  You may guess from the name that Stoke, Belle Vue and Buxton were the tracks I frequented the most, so I'm pretty familiar with seeing Peak Medicare deal with crashes, and they're among the best.  Friday was no exception.  The Ambulance was quickly on the track and the medics spent considerable time treating Archie on the track before moving him.  I'm sure he'll agree the Moss family medical team looked after him very well.

A thing I notice about Belle Vue is that they don't let the riders out on the track for a heat until the 2 minute warning sounds.  So no one can be on track with the tractor.  And the No.7 wasn't even in the re-run of heat 1.   So someone is very confused.   

Best wishes Archie for a speedy recovery.

50 minutes ago, PotteringAround said:

Not sure what all that nonsense is.  Can only assume a Berwick fan angry at seeing his team capitulate.  But the pathetic attack on the Moss family's medical team is absolute nonsense.

Since Stoke's closure, I get to Belle Vue a lot.  You may guess from the name that Stoke, Belle Vue and Buxton were the tracks I frequented the most, so I'm pretty familiar with seeing Peak Medicare deal with crashes, and they're among the best.  Friday was no exception.  The Ambulance was quickly on the track and the medics spent considerable time treating Archie on the track before moving him.  I'm sure he'll agree the Moss family medical team looked after him very well.

A thing I notice about Belle Vue is that they don't let the riders out on the track for a heat until the 2 minute warning sounds.  So no one can be on track with the tractor.  And the No.7 wasn't even in the re-run of heat 1.   So someone is very confused.   

Best wishes Archie for a speedy recovery.

No nonsense from me. I have seen Berwick get beat by more points than they did on Friday so no problem for me. There is no attack on anyone (you are the one having an attack on the Berwick riders for falling off if anything).

With regard to attending Archie, Ask Hayley next time you see her why she announced twice for Archie to be attended to, when as you say the medical team was already there (attended Connor quickly but not Archie).

It was during the delay (when Archie was being attended to in the pits) that a rider was out on the track. He was not on his bike so I am not confused  as I seen it happen right in front of me so you must be the one who is confused.

We will agree on a speedy recovery for Archie. 

• Like 2

Archie was released from the Manchester hospital yesterday and arrived home late on last night.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1