British Speedway Forum
Weeyin

Glasgow v Edinburgh , Easter Sunday

From viewing the conclusive video evidence that doesn't show the incident on the preceding lap.

I'd say CC exiting bend 2 did go a bit wider than needed but BB if he's as good as he/everybody thinks should be far more aware of what's happening. I've seen similar incidents countless times. It's racing. Like someone posted earlier the Danes are trained to ride hard but always spit the dummy when on the receiving end.

Mountain out of a molehill springs to mind.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

From viewing the conclusive video evidence that doesn't show the incident on the preceding lap.

I'd say CC exiting bend 2 did go a bit wider than needed but BB if he's as good as he/everybody thinks should be far more aware of what's happening. I've seen similar incidents countless times. It's racing. Like someone posted earlier the Danes are trained to ride hard but always spit the dummy when on the receiving end.

Mountain out of a molehill springs to mind.

I don't think many people have a problem with the move itself... It's the remarks on Twitter that people have a problem with, petulant child springs to mind... And whether it was or it wasn't, his comments make it sound like he wiped him out on purpose, which if that's the case then it's totally unacceptable.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

I don't think many people have a problem with the move itself... It's the remarks on Twitter that people have a problem with, petulant child springs to mind... And whether it was or it wasn't, his comments make it sound like he wiped him out on purpose, which if that's the case then it's totally unacceptable.

Agreed

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, spt82 said:

You literally can't see either of the incidents on that video, so kind of pointless posting it.

Also didn't realise how bad the view is from there!

That was filmed from the pits.

Basso is a good enough and talented enough. Doesnt need to ride like that. Good for the punter to see how future meetings between the 2 riders go.  Also adds to the GB v Denmark shenanigans following Woffinden-Madsen & Kerr - Palm Toft clashes lol

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

Ben is a talented and very exciting racer but around Ashfield he often rides like a lunatic, sometimes even trying to put himself into the fence. I can understand Cookie's anger as he had to take a lot of evasive action to avoid his front wheel being taken from under him on the third/fourth bend but it's Kyle i feel sorry for because that could have been a much nastier crash for him. He went over on his neck and was extremely lucky not to leave the track injured so a lot credit should come his way for coming out for the re-run.

Edited by Nickinho
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

Regardless of what causes the red mist to come over Craig, the fact that he purposely knocks another rider off (which his tweet all but confirms) is disgusting and he should be fined for such an action, there is no place in the sport for moves like that. Hard racing, yes. Purposely knocking off the opponent because they upset you and you can't handle hard racing against you, absolutely not. Horrible.

A rider deliberately knocking off another rider has never happened in the entire history of speedway. Down with this kind of thing, Father!

Edited by Nickinho

21 hours ago, Lioness said:

It shouldnt be aired across the forum - are you for real? This 'clown' behind a keyboard thinks you must be looking in the mirror and referring to yourself.  He beat her up. It was reported in the local papers.  As far as I am aware there is no case out of libel on the local newspaper, now I wonder why?  There are consequences to actions and one of them in this instance is knowing what he did.  Theres loyalty to your team and theres blind loyalty.  I suggest you stick to the first!

Hi Lioness, i messaged you a couple of months ago about pinning the Championship signings thread for this season. Thanks for the lack of a reply and the lack of any action either. 

16 minutes ago, Nickinho said:

A rider deliberately knocking off another rider has never happened in the entire history of speedway. Down with this kind of thing, Father!

Probably has happened,but no one with a brain would Tweet it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Probably has happened,but no one with a brain would Tweet it.

Maybe they'd just admit it in their autobiography years later. Anyone who has read Triple Crown Plus will know what I mean.:wink:

2 hours ago, Nickinho said:

Ben is a talented and very exciting racer but around Ashfield he often rides like a lunatic, sometimes even trying to put himself into the fence. I can understand Cookie's anger as he had to take a lot of evasive action to avoid his front wheel being taken from under him on the third/fourth bend but it's Kyle i feel sorry for because that could have been a much nastier crash for him. He went over on his neck and was extremely lucky not to leave the track injured so a lot credit should come his way for coming out for the re-run.

Lunatic really,  boys an out and out racer.

If only there were more like him.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 4

Hi Lioness, i messaged you a couple of months ago about pinning the Championship signings thread for this season. Thanks for the lack of a reply and the lack of any action either. 

They are unpaid doing this I am sure she has paid work to do in the meantime.

• Like 3

Classy post fella….

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Lunatic really,  boys an out and out racer.

If only there were more like him.

But maybe not in the same race :blink: otherwise we will be having 70% speedway, 30% boxing lol.

2 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

But maybe not in the same race :blink: otherwise we will be having 70% speedway, 30% boxing lol.

Speedway boxing... Hmmm now that's a sport I can get behind :D 2 laps, get off round of boxing, 2 laps, get off fight until knock out...

I think riders should be allowed to fight after the race, let them get their frustrations out, then shake on it and have a pint after... Learn from hockey :)

• Like 1